The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 629

For the French Guineas trial he has entered:
    (Fontainebleau Longchamp 25-4-10)

Alfred Nobel
    Fencing Master
    Fighting Brave
    Beethoven
    Jan Vermeer
    Lord High Admiral
    Encompassing
    Viscount Nelson

See derby thread in a mo for info on Cape & others..ps if I’ve missed any it’s ‘cos got one eye on the footie! :wink:

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Elusive Pimpernel

Runs in the Craven on Thursday. R L Moore booked – interesting.

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,365457,00.html

Is this the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

• Total Posts 629

Someone doesn’t think so!

"I wouldn’t back Elusive Pimpernel because I just don’t think he’s fast enough." :shock:

Quoted in jest :D

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

The jockey change is very interesting. The horse wait until you see him. :D :D

• Total Posts 1511

What happened to Eddie Ahern did he fall out with the Trainer as Moore won’t be riding him in the 2000 Guineas instead of Workforce

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Someone doesn’t think so!

"I wouldn’t back Elusive Pimpernel because I just don’t think he’s fast enough." :shock:

Quoted in jest :D

These trials can be so bad. I didn’t think Fantasia would be fast enough for 7f in the Nell Gwyn last year and look what happened there.

• Total Posts 629

Ahh…she flew like the wind past trees…and was always sent off a much shorter price than she should have been afterwards…
    I.e. 8/11 for the Pouliches!

Point taken re: the trials – there are pages of speculation about the Guineas etc on here – it’s going to be good to find out – exciting times! :wink:

What did you think about ‘Workforce’ missing the Craven & did you read what Stoute said about the colt have no firm plans in the post?
    Race course visit – gallop maybe?

What are the stats for horses who have only had the one run as a 2 yr old – then going on to win the Guineas first up?

This stat could make the 10/1 look big or small!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well Golan notably did it in 2000. When it comes to 2yo trends, I completely ignore them when it comes to Stoute’s runners. However, I could never back a horse to win the Guineas with one run beforehand, I just can’t.

Really hoping Elusive Pimpernel skips the Craven tbh. Fingers crossed!

• Total Posts 629

Cheers :D

But why the change of heart on this one?

Looks like he’s going ‘RM’ booked and raring to find out about the opposition I guess?!!

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Chapple-Hyam said: "Everything has gone really well through the winter. We have had no problems with Morana whatsoever and he is in really good form, which he would need to be against Elusive Pimpernel, who I think could be the 2000 Guineas winner."

EP has had a good winter we are told and done well.

We shall see tomorrow…… :D :D

• Total Posts 174

In looking at Saturday’s Greenham, obviously the focus is on Arcano vs CC (Arcano!!), with Dick Turpin and Free Judgement hoping to land telling blows, but does anyone know about Bullwhip? Looks like he won his maiden recently by a street when we wasn’t even Gosden’s #1 horse in the race, but wondering if anyone has further insight…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Chapple-Hyam said: "Everything has gone really well through the winter. We have had no problems with Morana whatsoever and he is in really good form, which he would need to be against Elusive Pimpernel, who I think could be the 2000 Guineas winner."

EP has had a good winter we are told and done well.

We shall see tomorrow…… :D :D

What a very strange thing for Chapple-Hyam to say after Elusive Pimpernel was habded his head on aplat by SNA at Doncaster….unless he knows something we don’t :shock:

Looks the one on the book but I like Mont Agel EW who is one of only two Bell entries for the Guineas.

Hot-pots often lack a bit of peak fitness in this and if there’s a dark one lurking that’s well forward I suspect it could be him.

• Total Posts 1511

What a Boost to St Nicholas Abbey

Co-Ordinated Cut

Now

Elusive Pimp hacking up despite being destroyed for speed against St Nicholas Abbey.

Form looks rock solid..

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Has SNA trained on? Does he go on good ground?

My money @ 25-1 (both 2000g & Derby) says EP will win.

:D :D

• Total Posts 1511

When has a Montjeu not trained on?

Thats the question i would ask you :shock: :shock:

25/1 though its a great price Well Done

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

wallace-no7

Thanks re the odds but we’re not under orders yet!

One thing for certain it’s going to be one hell of a race. I just want John Dunlop to have another great horse after all Guy Harwood had Dancing Brave (one stop up the road).

I have watched the Racing Post video several times and I think EP was caught napping by SNA in softish going. With Ryan Moore on board it’s going to be fun and EP for certain does not like being beaten.

:D :D

• Total Posts 403

Well Golan notably did it in 2000. When it comes to 2yo trends, I completely ignore them when it comes to Stoute’s runners. However, I could never back a horse to win the Guineas with one run beforehand, I just can’t.

That’s why reliance on stats is pointless, Golan won possibly the worst Guineas ever. In an average year he’d have been lucky to place.

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.