The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 5

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 5

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 340 total)
  • Author
    buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 714

Thank you for the quick reply Joni, fingers crossed.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Finally broke the losing streak yesterday and hope this bodes well for the end of the season. I have one bet tomorrow – I hear good things are expected of Charlie Hills 2 year old Musawaat in the opener at Newbury.

£75ew Musawaat – 4-1 – Newbury 1.40 winner

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 352

Hope you got BOG!

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

Back with a bang Joni. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£2,036.86

Thanks guys. A much needed winner. I was fearful when I drove past Newbury and saw all the rain but he is clearly a nice horse and probably won despite the ground rather than because of it.

Will be treading carefully today with the ground being the way it is. I would like to be backing Swiss Storm as I am sure you will see a different animal today IF he goes on the ground. The family on his dams side didn’t really handle cut which puts me off a bit. I’ll see what the market says as the morning goes on.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So a couple of bets after all. All reports suggest that Swiss Storm is the apple of David Elsworth’s eye and he will be a different horse today. I am a big fan of Dartmouth and he is by far the classiest horse in this race. Legendary Lunch ran a stormer last week and the field has cut up badly. He should win. Finally I am going to give Imperial Aviator one more chance in the handicap. He looked star material earlier in the season and with the claimer taking 3lbs off he would have to have a great chance now dropped in grade.

£80 win Swiss Storm – 5-2 – 1.10 Newbury winner
    £80 win Dartmouth – 13-8 – 1.40 Newbury loser
    £80 win Legendary Lunch – 3-1 – 2.15 Newbury loser
    £40ew Imperial Aviator – 7-1 – 2.50 Newbury placed
    £2 win Lucky 15

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Another good day yesterday with Swiss Storm doing the business in great style. A couple of little bets today. San Remo is being nibbled at in the market and I expect him to leave that debut run behind him. Sir Michael doesn’t go sending horses to Ireland for fun so I think Intimation might run well at decent odds.

£25ew San Remo – 9-1 – Gowran 2.50 loser
    £25ew Intimation – 11-1 – Gowran 3.20 placed
    £10ew double

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£2,184.86

A small profit on the weekend so can’t complain. There Frankel’s running tomorrow, two in France and Rainbow Legacy at Leicester tomorrow. I have a feeling the 7f might be a tad short for RL so will probably just watch. Andre Fabre rarely has them pumped up first time so might be worth just watching the French ones as well.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

One bet for tomorrow in the maiden at Goodwood. I hope Monarch’s Glen goes well obviously but I have gone for Sir Nigel Gresley. This one ran very promisingly first time out behind Best of Days looking like he would appreciate much further. This son of Bullet Train might well run into a place.

£35ew Sir Nigel Gresley – 9-1 – 2.00 Goodowood loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A huge price about Eminent tomorrow.

£35ew – Eminent – 14-1 – 2.00 Newmarket winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think you are likely to see Escobar’s Guineas price contract after today so….

£50ew Escobar – 25-1 – 2,000 Guineas

Participant
    • Total Posts 31926

A huge price about Eminent tomorrow.

£35ew – Eminent – 14-1 – 2.00 Newmarket

Nice one Sir. :good:
    When will the bookies shorten these Frankel horses enough to make following them unprofitable Joni?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 352

Think if the horse was trained by the likes of Gosden/Charlton etc rather than Meade it would’ve been about 3-1…

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks guys – yes a strange one that. Eminent had been mentioned many times by David Milnes in the Racing Post and I was honestly expecting him to be about 5-2 when I looked last night. I couldn’t believe he was 14’s and that was backed in from 18’s! Can only have been the unfashionable trainer. I am really pleased that many of these end of season Frankel’s are showing so much as there was a theory that only the good ones were being run. I think we can see now that is not the case.

I’ll be at Newmarket tomorrow to see Fair Eva. Just back from a week away so will have a look to see if there is anything worth backing.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£2,727.36

So about to set off for where I always think of as my home from home. Newmarket is a special place for me and I am hoping to see a special horse in the form of Fair Eva. I retain every faith in her despite the reverse last time and I expect her to win impressively today.

She’s not worth backing at the prices but I have found three small ew’s on the card. In the first I think that Promising Run is the best horse in the race and should be up to at least finishing in the three. I have always been a fan of Beautiful Romance and she was at her best at the start of the season when she won the Middleton so impressively. The stable had a major blip after that and it sounds like she is on her way back now. If she runs to form this enormous filly should go close. Finally I think Amazing Maria is a big price. She has not been anywhere near as good this year but she has still run well and this by far her easiest assignment. Hopefully she can recapture some of her old sparkle. I have coupled all of the these in a Lucky 15 with Fair Eva.

£35ew Promising Run – 5-1 – 1.55 Newmarket loser
    £35ew Beautiful Romance – 6-1 – 2.30 Newmarket placed
    £35ew Amazing Maria – 6-1 – 3.40 Newmarket loser
    £2win Lucky 15 with Fair Eva
    £5ew accumulator

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What a great day’s racing today. This is what it is all about and I am so jealous of Jac being able to go – I will be at a 3 year olds birthday party. 🙁

I have had quite a few bets. I hear the Charlie Hills 2 year old Neshmeya is a good thing in the first. I am big fan of Best Of Days and I think this extra furlong will suit him down to the ground. I genuinely think that Queen Kindly has a chance of beating the American beast. If you look at the form line with Clem Fandango there is nothing to choose and I think the Morny showed that LA might be on the wane as Al Johra got a lot close that day. She seems all about speed to me and I think she might struggle to get up that hill. QK travels sweetly and will be perfectly placed to quicken past up the hill. I always want a very good reason to back one horse who has already been beaten by another one so can’t quite see why Mehmas is such a big price compared to the fav. Finally I hear that GM Hopkins is expected to run well in the Cambridgeshire for an in-form trainer. Enjoy watching this all whilst I enjoy changing nappies.

£80 win Neshmeya – 13-8 – Newmarket 1.50 loser
    £80 win Best Of Days – 5-2 – Newmarket 2.20 winner
    £80ew Queen Kindly – 3-1 – Newmarket 2.55 loser
    £50ew Mehmas – 9-2 – Newmarket 3.30 placed
    £35ew GM Hopkins – 22-1 – Newmarket 4.10 loser

Participant
    • Total Posts 31475

Great result on Eminent the other day Joni.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 340 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.