The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Your Favourite Bookmakers Rep?

Home Forums Horse Racing Your Favourite Bookmakers Rep?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3174

As we are seeing and hearing plenty from them these 4 days, who is your favourite bookmakers rep?

Apologies to anyone I’ve missed out, I’ve a bad memory and only had 15 minutes spare, the list contains past and present ones.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1626

What a shower of smarmy, soulless sh­its. Their only purpose is to direct money from the vulnerable poor towards the super rich.

This is no different to asking me who’s my favourite Tory.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

What a shower of smarmy, soulless sh­its. Their only purpose is to direct money from the vulnerable poor towards the super rich.

This is no different to asking me who’s my favourite Tory.

What a load of nonsense no one is forced to place a bet and they are there to market their product. If people can’t listen to what they’re saying and come to their own objective conclusion then that’s their problem not as if they are going round knocking doors for protection money, lighten up man.

Hayley O`Connor for me as she is the most pleasing on the eye :lol:

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

My ‘favourite’, I think you’ve missed is that immaculately besuited slightly oily cove who is/was Chandler’s rep; his name escapes me. Polite with a pleasant intonation and bangs on about ‘the right faces’ backing a horse, which coming from the Chandler camp is ironically amusing.

Smile as you kill, springs to mind :)

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

My ‘favourite’, I think you’ve missed is that immaculately besuited slightly oily cove who is/was Chandler’s rep; his name escapes me.

Yeah…’Victor’ something wasn’t it…?

Mike

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

Why do some people insist that those of us who bet on racing are always ‘vulnerable’ and/or ‘poor’?

Mike

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1626

Why do some people insist that those of us who bet on racing are always ‘vulnerable’ and/or ‘poor’?

Mike

Who’s insisting? I dare say you’re being most presumptuous.

The ‘informed’ and ‘financially secure’ generally know what they want to bet on and who they want to bet on. The reps are there to target those poor souls who aren’t quite in control of their own emotional desires.

What a load of nonsense no one is forced to place a bet and they are there to market their product. If people can’t listen to what they’re saying and come to their own objective conclusion then that’s their problem not as if they are going round knocking doors for protection money, lighten up man.

To be honest with you, I couldn’t really care less about the junkie. But that doesn’t exonerate the pushers from getting called out for being the vultures that they are.

Hayley O`Connor for me as she is the most pleasing on the eye :lol:

Not for her racing knowledge then? I have a theory that men who admire girls for tenuous reasons secretly harbour a bitter resentment because they were never able to find a attractive woman to call their own :lol:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Given how long Mike Dillon has been in the job and the respect that most trainers seem to give him, then he stands out as a man who understands the industry.

If he ever became freelance, the BHA could do worse than employ his talents.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

The reps are there to target those poor souls who aren’t quite in control of their own emotional desires.

No they’re not. That’s the FOBT’s job. And it would these people’s addiction being pandered to rather than their ’emotional desires’.

Mind, as you say,

"I couldn’t really care less about the junkie"

Mike

matrix
    • Total Posts 52

Shouldn’t there be an option offering ‘none of the above” or ”none” in the interests of fairness?

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3174

Shouldn’t there be an option offering ‘none of the above” or ”none” in the interests of fairness?

No, but you can abstain.

I hate bookmakers as much as the next man but with being unable to get away from bookies reps on coverage of Cheltenham this week it seemed an appropriate poll to have.

tbracing is correct, one or two of you need to lighten up a bit.

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1626

being unable to get away from bookies reps on coverage of Cheltenham this week

There is a mute button on your television remote. Familiarise yourself with it. Embrace it. Love it.

tbracing is correct

No he isn’t.

one or two of you need to lighten up a bit.

I can only speak for myself but my fiancée says I’m the most fun guy in the world. I even managed to make her laugh her tits off in Vienna’s Naturhistorisches Museum of all places. Holding unpleasant people in disdain has no bearing on one’s sense of fun.

CrustyPatch
    Participant
    • Total Posts 917

My ‘favourite’, I think you’ve missed is that immaculately besuited slightly oily cove who is/was Chandler’s rep; his name escapes me. Polite with a pleasant intonation and bangs on about ‘the right faces’ backing a horse, which coming from the Chandler camp is ironically amusing.

Sounds like Neal Wilkins, from the description. He appears to be with Apollo Bookmakers now, according to Google.
    His write-up on their website, which conveniently does not mention Victor Chandler or any other bookmaker, reads:
    "Neal Wilkins has spent his working life on the race course and was the chief starting price reporter for the Sporting Chronicle and then the Press Association for over twenty five years.
    "As one of horse racing’s most recognisable faces he has made numerous appearances on the Morning Line, Attheraces and Racing UK.
    "Neal has a wealth of knowledge in the betting industry and a vast number of contacts built on trust and reliability."

matrix
    • Total Posts 52

No, but you can abstain.

I hate bookmakers as much as the next man but with being unable to get away from bookies reps on coverage of Cheltenham this week it seemed an appropriate poll to have.

tbracing is correct, one or two of you need to lighten up a bit.

Ok, maybe people should lighten up. On the other hand, having a favourite bookmakers rep is arguably pretty sad in itself….

Back on topic. I would suggest there should be an option, as the poll is biased to favour those reps on the option list. Also, how do we know just how popular these guys are amongst the sites users if the poll is restricted to only people who like reps?

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3174

Back on topic. I would suggest there should be an option, as the poll is biased to favour those reps on the option list. Also, how do we know just how popular these guys are amongst the sites users if the poll is restricted to only people who like reps?

Maybe you should start your own poll to suit your requirements.

matrix
    • Total Posts 52

Maybe you should start your own poll to suit your requirements.

:) meow, good luck with your poll

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2035

Hate Simon Clare at Coral, he is the King of the Schmucks.

David Williams seems rather knowledgeable, compared to most.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.