You Tube Race library

Home Forums Video Archive You Tube Race library

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4784

Very bad form from the money grabbers at RUK.

If I ever have a choice of pictures providers at any time in the future cancelling my subscription will be a priority.

Good article from Greg Wood.

Nor1
    • Total Posts 384

A few years back ATR sent a DVD of a short interview etc. free of charge with their compliments.
    Enquiring with RUK who also had a short piece of exclusive special (to us) footage I was told it would cost hundreds. The lady kindly gave a specific email address with advice, to see if a reduction was possible. I did not even receive a reply to my two emails.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 760

Off on a slight tangent, there was an article in the Guardian today on the subject of Setanta in which the "director of corporate strategy", Richard Brooke, is quoted to the effect that "customer service issues that bedevilled [its] high-profile launch last year have…been resolved." In the context of the article, this is a reference to the launch of Premier League football on the channel last August but judging by the number of threads/postings which regularly spring up on the Betfair forum with regard to Setanta’s customer service viz-a-viz Racing UK subscribers I’d be astonished if what Brooke says is actually true. Not to put too fine a point on it, their customer service is widely regarded as absolutely abysmal.

Although I’m not one of those who routinely knock the Racing Post, I do feel that the paper’s link with Racing UK prevents it from highlighting the problems experienced by a huge swathe of the Racing UK customer base and I think this is a subject Greg Wood might usefully tackle in the near future.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2931

For years we outside the Uk have been robbed of any video worth looking at. I gave up hope of seeing film/video of old chaampion hurdles Gold Cups etc.

Then came along guys like Jack and Arazi who spent hours of there precious time giving pleasure to thousands.

Ok so they may be breaking a lwa or two but for the love of racing not for personal gain.

That for me hits the nail on the head…on one hand you have guys in thier own small way promoting racing nd on the otherhad blind fools who cant count to 10 killing the sport that kills them

Over and Out

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Well said fist very well said

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

I really am sad and angry to find that the wonderful archive of 70’s, 80’s and 90’s racing put on YouTube by Manced 42 has been removed. I don’t know who he is, but his collection was remarkable, all the more so for not being confined simply to big races and it must have taken him a lot of time and effort to get them all onto the website. I have spent many evenings wallowing in sheer nostalgia watching them. My life is the poorer for their removal, and I would like to thank the man for sharing them with the wider world.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

I second that.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7731

the racing authorities just want people to go racing, consume vast quantitiies of alcohol and watch pop concerts…they don’t want people who have an interest that goes far deeper than that…I’ve only recently had broadband and was enjoying watching so many of these races..some, for the first time in many years and some, well, for the first time….it’s so short sited of them..nothing new there then…and yes, thank you to the people who put so much effort into all this.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Surely all the large bookmaker firms should act as lobbists for the punters to get the video’s returned to YouTube. Ladbrooks et al must have an interest in providing such information to the punters.

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2434

The saddest story of the year.

brendanr
    • Total Posts 196

Unfortunately it is this type of small minded madness that afflicts a lot of racing jurisdictions around the globe, even if the issues might vary.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6928

I really am sad and angry to find that the wonderful archive of 70’s, 80’s and 90’s racing put on YouTube by Manced 42 has been removed. I don’t know who he is, but his collection was remarkable, all the more so for not being confined simply to big races and it must have taken him a lot of time and effort to get them all onto the website. I have spent many evenings wallowing in sheer nostalgia watching them. My life is the poorer for their removal, and I would like to thank the man for sharing them with the wider world.

Echo all those points, especially with regard to the smaller meetings. I can’t remember if it was Manced’s collection that included some old Racing Channel footage (including a Fibresand hurdle race at Southwell and an old John Budden commentary on a win for Better Times Ahead at Carlisle), but I strongly suspect it was. Missing them already.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

gruntfuttock
    • Total Posts 3

I hate to put a dampener on the fire, but Racing UK would not have the rights to anything before they came on air 4 years ago. You may note that Greg Wood’s piece contains no quotes/answer from Racing UK as to if/why they pulled down all the Youtube footage.

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2073

I don’t see what RUK’s problem is here.

They already let us view their archive races for free (albeit after a bit of farting around with their video player) via the Channel 4 Racing website, so why take them off YouTube?

All it’s doing is denying racing a wider audience and denying us the classic races from pre RUK times.

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2073

Well said, Firefox.

They clearly realised Kempton on repeat was dull as they teased us with a helping of their Classic Races series between re-runs. I reckon I’ve seen Dubai Millenium’s finest hour more times than Sheikh Mohammed now!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.