The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

You Tube Race library

Home Forums Video Archive You Tube Race library

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4812

I suppose most people know about this but just in case, Salselon put up a link to a great site on another thread earlier today.

http://world-horse-racing.blogspot.com/

Its very bad form that people have to pay for old footage at a time the sport should be encouraging people to get interested in any way possible.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

This should perk you up KS

Am gutted at the fact i was not their as i had a bout of tonsilitis.

Only time i have cried over missing a horse race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8q1EBSdtkE

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Thank you loads!!! :D :D Least you got to see it in the end! :D

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

this has been mentioned in today’s Tattenham Corner in The Observer today..it also says that a lot of greyhound races have been removed since the article was written..the short sightedness of people in the racing industry is beyond me at times…..

MDeeringMDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

kingpresa, the man who provided us with French racing, who returned after his account was suspended as whr06, had that account suspended last week as well.

You can’t get exposure like this for your sport without forking out your own dollars.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Wow! Thanks, Salselon and Cavellino Rampante.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6931

This should perk you up KS

Am gutted at the fact i was not their as i had a bout of tonsilitis.

Only time i have cried over missing a horse race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8q1EBSdtkE

Now removed. The killjoys are acting quickly.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Corporate greed knows no bounds. This is being driven by law suits in the US by companies who are trying to blame youtube and google for their own failings.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6446193.stm

.. as for articles written in the Racing Post, well what do you expect!

AraziArazi
    • Total Posts 263

It’s a real shame that this has happened because there were so many great races showing up on Youtube. They removed about half of the video’s I had uploaded and then a couple of days later my account was permernantly suspended. The user Manced 42 also had his account suspended at the same time and that really wound me up because the collection of races that he had amassed over the years was amazing.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Is it me or are the people who run UK racing doing their best to ruin it by banning races from being shown to a huge audience around the world who will in turn put up races from their respective countries.

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Forgive my ignorance Arazi, but does this mean they are gone forever, or do you and Manced 42 still have the vids on a drive, ready to be uploaded again if Racing UK relent?

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 760

Greg Wood covered this subject in today’s Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/12/horseracing

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17730

I had always hoped that one day RUK would be responsible for all UK non-terrestrial racing coverage. Having witnessed their actions in this matter, I now pray it will never happen.
    Must everything in racing be run by the bean counters?

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2434

Agreed Reet. A shocking example of abuse of power.

In a free market, I would be throwing in my subscription at 9am this morning as a protest and transferring to a more forward thinking provider who actually cares about the opinions of their customers and the future of the market.

But RUK have the best tracks. As a keen punter, I want to watch racing at the best tracks. Ergo, RUK can behave pretty much as they please and I have to sit and take it like a good boy.

The consumer in this case faces a form of monopoly power every inch as powerful as the SIS monopoly challenged by the Turf TV consortium of which RUK is a partner. The whiff of hypocrisy in this case is as pungent as sulphur.

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Very well said by Greg Wood. It is greed, pure greed.
    I had quite a lot of non racing friends, all under 25 who seen my kauto star videos and do now show an interest in racing. This is the type of publicity the sport needs, make the great races available to those who don’t know the sport.
    I really do think RUK are shooting themselves in the foot because if new race goers aren’t attracted then who will be subscribing to their channel.
    They’ve lost one subscriber here because of it… and others too judging by others posts. Good on you for taking such a stand.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.