The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

York Thursday

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips York Thursday

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Fleeting Spirit just about for me in the Lowther. Molecomb form is looking strong now and from teh way last run panned out im not worried about the extra furlong. Visit has to be feared but is short enough

Cant see past Racer Forever in the 3.50.

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Dark Angel, Dandy Man, Visit (but the speed ratings worry me with this one). Sierra Vista is a nice e/w at 25s.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I think a Visit to the bookmakers is in order. :)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Magnus for me in the Nunthorpe. Money back if 2nd to Dandy Man with Paddy Power!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Is that right DB? Might have alook at that race now

Decent offer. I do like PP as a bookies :)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I can see past Racer Forever lol

Weslh Emperor is surely way ahead of these

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Visit looks as if she got tapped for speed and didn’t appreciate the quicker ground conditions. That’s my excuse anyway. :lol:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Visit looks as if she got tapped for speed and didn’t appreciate the quicker ground conditions. That’s my excuse anyway. :lol:

Could be argued that the winner was on slighter better ground also racing wider than the others. All 4 TV winners raced down the centre of the track, with horses like Fremen, Dandy Man, Visit making their efforts closer to the rail and not quite getting there.

Of course, the winners could easily have just been that little bit better, but I just wonder if it is coincidence that the winners hae came down the centre.

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Could be argued that the winner was on slighter better ground also racing wider than the others. All 4 TV winners raced down the centre of the track, with horses like Fremen, Dandy Man, Visit making their efforts closer to the rail and not quite getting there.

Of course, the winners could easily have just been that little bit better, but I just wonder if it is coincidence that the winners hae came down the centre.

Mike

You make a very good and valid point.
    I think, if I may, use that as the third and most valid excuse for Visit’s demise on the day. :wink:

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

:wink: You may indeed that as an excuse lol.

I certainly wouldn’t give up on Visit, she beat the others fair and square and like you say she definitely got tapped for toe. She could well be a live Gunieas contender, especially as Stoute seems to be campaigning her exactly the same as his previous top notch Mile fillies – who’s names elude me at the moment :lol:

Mike

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.