The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ebor 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ebor 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    nultynulty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

I’ve been shuffling through the race this afternoon and found a couple of outsiders I like. I already backed Spatapadi at a little bigger than he is now and Lost In The Moment is looking more and more like the most likely winner.

I have backed this lot:

Cill Rialaig 1pt @ 25/1 Bet365

Harlestone Times 1pt @ 25/1 Ladbrokes

Icon Dream 1pt @ 25/1 Bet365

Not all sure to get in but hopefully they’ll be balloted out and the stake returned.

Harlestone Times is suprisingly big. Ran on late at Goodwood after meeting trouble with Captain John Nixon breaking down. He was last with a furlong to go and ran on well. Should be very interesting at a price.

Cill Rialaig went well on her first race this year and while there may not be much in the way of fitness to make her progress she could be better than she has shown. No idea about running plans.

Icon Dream ran admirably at Goodwood having been on the pace the whole way. He avoided the problems behind but looks to be peaking after a lot of disappointing runs this year. He could be trouble on the front end.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

I really fancied Cill Riallaig for this last year, but she didn’t run. Missed the value on Saptapadi and Lost in the Moment. Will have an ew on Investissement and take it from there. Difficult to know where the cut off point will be. Would have an ew on Regent Street if I thought he would get in. When’s the next elimination stage and, more importantly when’s the draw?

Big BucksBig Bucks
    • Total Posts 1046

Modun

by a street (once they stop messing around and declare it his target)

non?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Modun for me too at 10/1 any news on him going for this race

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Cill Rialaig, Investissement, Ted Spread and Moyenne Corniche; all ew at 25/1. Also very keen on Vulcanite, but have to draw the line somewhere. My have another bet after the draw, though. Watching the replay of Cill Rialaig’s last run commentator said ‘is she in the Ebor’ with a light bulb going off over his head. Fancied her for the race last year and would kick myself if I missed out his year. Commentator also said she’ll probably pick up a listed race somewhere along the way.

sammysweepsammysweep
    • Total Posts 6

My tip is SAPTAPADI EACH-WAY in the Ebor at York on Saturday
    The selection takes a step down in class having finished just over two-lengths fifth to 123-rated Twice Over in the Group 2 Skybet Stakes at York last month. He would surely have finished even closer but had to be switched when short of room a furlong out.He looks thrown-in here off 105.
    He worked exceptionally well on Tuesday morning. He’s flying at home and I’ve got no doubt that he has improved since his last run.
    Formerly trained by Sir Michael Stoute, Saptapadi has that touch of class required to win an Ebor.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17517

Was pleased to see Hillview Boy sneaking in, been good to me in the past, and been waiting to see him for a while now. I’d like to think he’s been kept fresh, with this as his target.

Throws in the odd howler, but on the whole, I normally get a good run for my money from him, and 55’s was too good too pass up.

GL

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Good luck to you guys on anything 20s or above ante post. That about sums up this years ebor. single figure horses should be dismissed with immediate effect. not much value around, recommend minimum stakes this year lads.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

Good luck with Hillview Boy V to C. I think my Moyenne Corniche is actually on bottom weight with his 3 lb claimer on board, and I’m quite happy with my 4 [resisted the temptation to have more bets after the draw!]. Really looking forward to the race tomorrow. However, even though I haven’t backed him I’d love to see dear old Nanton win.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17517

Cheers moe. Yeah, would be good to see Nanton lift another big prize, one of those horses that seems to have been around forever, and runs every weekend. Would be just my luck to pick the wrong Goldie horse. Getting greedy and took more on Hillview at 65’s last night.

Of your 4, I particularly like Investissement, think he’s interesting, again, at a decent price.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4517

On the assumption that the ground will not dry out to good a number of the fancied runners – Modun, Tactician, Mount Athos, Cill Rialaig – could easily be inconvenienced. None could be backed with confidence. If there is anything that could be called a safe proposition, Fox Hunt appears to fit the bill. Acts on soft or better, form on track and unlike so many Johnston horses has maintained an upward curve. Cue diabolical run.

BattBatt
    Participant
    • Total Posts 54

I’m looking at old Nanton for a place. Can run well at this trip and won a decent handicap over shorter this year. It’s rank outsider on betfair and i think it’ll be nearer first than last

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Unfashionable but on the blog gone for Modun and Saptapadi ew.

nultynulty
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Have the ones at the top of the thread but taken

Moyenne Corniche

at 28s ew with 5 places. Looks a decent bet in a hell of a race.

thehorsesmouththehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5480

Salute Him for me, backed at 28/1. Good luck all, we’ll need it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.