Dante Meeting 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Dante Meeting 2019

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by BigG BigG 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Anyone have strong fancies in the less prestigious races ?

Abel Handy should have a decent chance on the opener today

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

Eeh Bah Gum @ 20/1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5659

Quite like the look of Saaheq at 8/1 in the 1.50 today.
    Looked in fine fettle last time out in the Scottish Sprint Cup, and although
    he’s been humped with 7lb more for that, I think he could still have a little
    in hand.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2434

Lady Kermit looks special imo. That 4/1 looks huge for her in the 1:50 tomorrow.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4311

AGINCOURT 4.05 will love the ground and may have targeted this!! 9/1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5659

At the risk of sounding over the top I think that Natalie’s Joy at 4/1
    is the best bet of the York meeting. I’ve been a huge fan of hers since her sensational
    seasonal bow last year at Goodwood. That was a top class run in a very fast time. She was
    at that time the highest rated 2 year old horse (never mind filly) in Britain. She came
    unstuck next time out at Ascot, but Mark Johnston said that everything went wrong for her
    that day, and she was back on track next time out at Newbury. I was disappointed that she
    didn’t go for the 1000 Guineas this year, I had a decent bet at 50s a long while back, but
    I read that Johnston commented she came back and had some problems which meant it left them
    tight for time to get her to the 1000 Guineas. If she is fit enough now I think she will take
    all the beating. Although Johnston is not averse to firing them out quickly if he thinks they
    are up to it, I think the Irish Guineas a week on Sunday might be asking a lot. I can see her
    heading for the Coronation Stakes at the Royal Meeting and I’ve taken the 20/1 with Hills.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5659

Bit worried about the drift for NJ, I was hoping she would be spot on for this but the
    market suggests otherwise. I hope they’re wrong :unsure:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5659

Huge disappointment there for me with Natalie’s joy. The drift from 4/1 to 13/2 before
    the off showed there was no confidence behind her. It will be interesting to see what
    Mark Johnston has to say, he did say there were problems when she came back from her break,
    I thought (or hoped) that they would have sorted them out before taking this on. I thought
    she was going to be pulled up at one point (2f out), I hope she is okay. Well done anyone
    who was on Magnetic Charm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.