Wokingham

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2014 Wokingham

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5269

INTRINSIC 12/1 for me for a trainer who could say is best trainer of sprinters there is right now.

Add NOCTURNAL AFFAIR 33/1 who has a profile like stable winner Dandy man who won it 2years ago.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15299

I like Intrinisc too, and he’s definitely on the shortlist.

Like loads down the bottom too, but their hopes of getting in look, well, hopeless.

Also keeping an eye on Louis The Pious, Ashpan Sam, and Flyman.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5269

Venture did you back Louis the pious today i was on 2nd so gutted any thoughts on wokingham too sad Intrinsic not in it but got
    NOCTURNAL AFFAIR 33/1 and BACCARAT 16/1

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15299

Venture did you back Louis the pious today i was on 2nd so gutted any thoughts on wokingham too sad Intrinsic not in it but got
    NOCTURNAL AFFAIR 33/1 and BACCARAT 16/1

Darren, it’s a sore one for me with Louis, I’m afraid.

Had him in my shortlist along with Hillbilly Boy, Excellent Guest, Santefisio, and Blaine. I ditched Blaine, and then eventually Louis :roll: . I had my main bet on Hillbilly Boy, and a few quid on the other 2……..so annoying when your so close to a 33-1 shot, and knew he had big run in him, but "kind of happy" he repaid the faith, without actually lining my pockets. No complaints with my bets though, I really think Hillbilly Boy is worth keeping on side, reckon he’s a few decent prizes in him, draw didn’t help him yesterday.

As for The Wokingham, good luck with both of yours, I had a long look at Nocturnal Affair, and think you’ll get a proper run for the 33’s.

I’ve plumped for another outsider in

Jimmy Styles

, he seems to have been around for ages, but there looks to be plenty of spark still about him, and I’ve seen one or 2 runs from him that suggest a big show is not too far away. He’s 66’s, but I’ll try for bigger on Betfair on top of that. Second choice is

Arnold Lane

, who looks very appealing, certainly from an each way stance, also at the 66’s. The return to 6 furlongs, and this quicker ground, could make those odds look generous.

Looking to add another for a Trifecta, and swaying towards

Boomerang Bob

, though I might have a few quid on him on his own too, just in case, well he is 50’s :wink:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

This will be set up perfectly for Ninjago the firmer the going the better. Hopefully drawn 17 will be ok and Hughes doesn’t decided to go walkabouts like yesterday.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    rich1985
    rich1985
    • Total Posts 1223

Rivellino looks a big price at 33s after his good AW exploits, drawn down the middle but could get to the stands side to mount an attack. Looks unexposed back on turf and ran a nice debut at Ascot behind Moohaljim, who was a group one performer last year. Closely related to Alben Star and Hoof It on form but looks an improving horse.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15299

Nice price on Baccarat, Darren, he won that without too much effort, surely more to come from him.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

Went quite big on Absolutely So at 11/1 then less than 20minutes later he got smashed into 4/1! Thought I was onto a winner only for the horse to run as though he didn’t know what he was doing. Apparently he didn’t like the going.

rich1985
    rich1985
    • Total Posts 1223

A 4/1 fav in a 30 runner sprint is ridiculous….very happy with my Rivellino, think he could’ve got closer if in the stands group too.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

As Rich said, people willing to back a horse at 4/1 in a Wokingham should run rather than walk to the nearest Psychiatrist.

I thought I had had a good day with Slade Power 5/1 and Baccarat at 14/1, plus a lay bet on Dick Whittington, but Darren blew all that out of the water with his day. Well done Darren.

There wasn’t really an anxious moment for Baccarat and I was surprised the commentator took so long to tipple that the race was in the bag from a good way out.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Anonymous
    • Total Posts 773

I agree with you two, think it must have been a lot of stable money as the public would have gotten on earlier than right before the off.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.