The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wife Swap – 9.00 Ch 4 Monday

Home Forums Lounge Wife Swap – 9.00 Ch 4 Monday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Perpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Sure to be some "oh my god" moments…..

Edwina Currie spends a week as Big Mac’s wife – what a horrible pair!

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

whose? his or hers?

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 61

i only ended up watching it as the footie was awful.<br> <br>I dare say that programme didn’t make him any, if any, friends whatsoever.    But what does astound me is ‘his office’.  I find it hard to believe that he is able to work and study there.  Perhaps he doesn’t but even my office here looks remotely like one.

It was an interesting diversion from the football and I have to say that the man has gone down even further in my estimation than before.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

Gotta agree with you, Malc.

I thought the only one who came out of the program as anything resembling a normal, balanced human being was Edwina’s husband.

Big mac was the same revolting, childish, close-minded, helpless, charmless, boorish, selfish, control freak, terrified of new experience, embarrassment that he was on Big Brother.  

His wife cut a rather pathetic figure who’s learned to accept a life of slavish and unrewarded devotion.

Currie was obnoxious and bullying. Though, to be fair to her, it could be said that she was provoked ….    

Steve

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

I refuse to hear a bad word against my good mate………;)

marko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Malc

The footie was not the best quality, but awful is a bit over the top.

The second half was one of the more exciting games I have seen – I believe all three outcomes traded at under 1.1 on Betfair!

Malc Smith
    • Total Posts 61

Marko

Sadly I missed the last, um, four goals.   So, I shall correct myself.  Until that point until which I turned over the game was dire.

I expect that with four goals the game showed more vim and vigour than it did in the first.

Back to the programme.  I thought that Jenny cut a sympathetic figure until the final post-mortem thing and then I just thought that she deserved what she got.

Currie struck me as intelligent and someone whose company I could enjoy as was her husband.   McCirick, I’m afraid to say was rude; when I have guests I try to ensure that I’m not eating a chicken curry in bed alone whilst they are in the dining room.

I’ve tried to like the fellow in the past and, if I could just listen past his rantings, I could find something that I could appreciate in what he said.  

What he’s doing can’t be good for racing’s image; being a Character is one thing but being the Court Jester or Fool doesn’t mean that one has has to be an idiot.

Enough of this; there’s the delights of Tralee to trawl through for tomorrow.

Night all.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

We all know the way John McCririck lives his life most people do. If he and Jenny the booby are happy (and they obviously are) I don’t see why anyone should have a problem with that, they don’t HAVE TO conform to convention. They’re not hurting anyone.

I found Edwina Currie a control freak who simply cannot accept that something isn’t the way she’d like it to be. Unfortunately for her everyone isn’t going to live their lives in a certain way just to please her. The right for people to live their lives how they see fit as long as its within the law is just that, their right, thats why freedom is so valuable.

I thought Edwina’s husband seemed a nice guy.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Precisely MM

Ultimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

Do you think he will wear his cycling helmet to the racecourse :biggrin:

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

If he and Jenny the booby are happy (and they obviously are)

I couldn’t agree with that.

He’s a miserable b*****d
    who hates himself and is always complaining.

Hardly the sign of a happy person.

As for Mrs Mc, when Currie’s husband asked her why she doesn’t try to get Mac to go riding or for walks, she just shrugged and looked sad and defeated.

I’d say she’s someone who given up any notions of happiness or joy in exchange for a settled life in a nice house and where she can find a sense of signifcance by waiting hand and foot on someone who lacks the basic life competencies.

While there are women who have it far worse than her, it’s still not much of a life. And it’s not what I’d call happiness.

Steve

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

nice house?  It was a rabbit hutch with a large sweaty pig sleeping in it.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from stevedvg on 11:47 am on Oct. 4, 2006[br]If he and Jenny the booby are happy (and they obviously are)

I couldn’t agree with that.

He’s a miserable b*****d<br> who hates himself and is always complaining.

Hardly the sign of a happy person.

As for Mrs Mc, when Currie’s husband asked her why she doesn’t try to get Mac to go riding or for walks, she just shrugged and looked sad and defeated.

I’d say she’s someone who given up any notions of happiness or joy in exchange for a settled life in a nice house and where she can find a sense of signifcance by waiting hand and foot on someone who lacks the basic life competencies.

While there are women who have it far worse than her, it’s still not much of a life. And it’s not what I’d call happiness.

Steve<br>

<br>You don’t have to call it happiness though Steve, as long as they do thats all that matters.

Edwina Currie tried to dominate and barely gave the Booby a chance to reply.

The McCriricks don’t have to justify themselves or their relationship to Edwina or anyone else.

It’s not my idea of a relationship either – but whatever floats their boat.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from trackside528 on 7:04 pm on Oct. 4, 2006[br]

Quote: from Perpetual on 10:00 am on Oct. 1, 2006[br] Edwina Currie spends a week as Big Mac’s wife – what a horrible pair!<br>

Who trains that Edwina Curry mare?

<br>I’d be more worried about who’s been riding her. :o  ;)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from stevedvg on 11:47 am on Oct. 4, 2006[br]<br>I’d say she’s someone who given up any notions of happiness or joy in exchange for a settled life in a nice house and where she can find a sense of signifcance by waiting hand and foot on someone who lacks the basic life competencies.

<br>Like so many Tory Wives, basically.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.