The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wick Academy 2nd Round Scottish Cup Saturday 24th

Home Forums General Sports Wick Academy 2nd Round Scottish Cup Saturday 24th

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

TRF’s adopted team, Wick Academy, play in the Scottish Cup second round tomorrow (Sat). They face a long trip (7hrs) by coach from Wick to Girvan for their tie against Girvan FC.
    Here’s hoping the trip is worthwhile and that they secure a third round place.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

7 hours, bloody hell that’s a long trip, where do Girvan play Somerset? :lol:

Wick favourites on oddschecker might play the half time – full time Wick/Wick 3/1 at hills.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Not so much Girvan being a long way South Nathan as Wick being a long way North.

I don’t know much about Girvan but I’ve heard they are a bit ‘physical’ so a bruising encounter in store I suspect. Let’s hope teh Wick lads have their shinnies with them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

Girvan 1 Wick Academy 4

The report I read said that Girvan had most of the play but Wick picked ’em off in the seocnd half. It’s goals that count!

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

The first report I read came from somebody favouring Girvan. It turns out that there was a gale force wind blowing from one end to the other, favouring Girvan in the first half. Wick held them to 1 at the turn around, and then scored 4 in the first twenty three minutes of the second period. Wick scorers were Sam Mackay, Richard Macadie(pen), Davey Allen and Craig Shearer.

Although Girvan aren’t at the top level in the Junior game they are nevertheless a decent side and this was a cracking win for Wick.

Third round draw takes place on Wednesday October 28th.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Yes Rob, cracking result. Conditions were almost unplayable in the first half. Driving wind and rain, you could hardly see ten yards in front of you at one point. Wind and rain died down during half time interval and the more suitable conditions favoured Wick in the second half.

Academy looked nervy first half but once they got the equaliser they relaxed, began to play a bit and Girvan were never in it from then on in. Girvan had best of first half and deserved their lead.

So, Wick Academy are in the Scottish Cup 3rd Round for the first time in their history. Must be the Racing Forum support that’s provided the litle bit of luck they’ve needed. :P

• Total Posts 2390

So, Wick Academy are in the Scottish Cup 3rd Round for the first time in their history. Must be the Racing Forum support that’s provided the litle bit of luck they’ve needed. :P

Great Stuff

When is the draw and are all the big boys in it?

We fear no one :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

So long as Wick Academy can steer clear of Irvine Meadow, they might just extend their run. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Trisons Star
    • Total Posts 11

Irvine Meadow V Kilmarnock would be a good one… :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

Medda have to get through one more round before that could come to fruition. The Division Two sides plus the lower six Division One teams from last season come in at Round 3. The remainder enter for Round 4.

The re-arrangement of the Scottish Cup in recent years has revitalised the tournament and gives more non-league sides a chance to mix it with the bigger clubs.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Irvine Meadow V Kilmarnock would be a good one… :D

Irvine Meadow v Celtic would be an even better one. :wink: (Meadow play in Rangers strips ! :lol: )

Truth be told, the top juniour ( i.e semi professional ) sides in Scotland, such as Pollok, Irvine Meadow and Auchinleck (for example) are every bit as good as those teams playing in Scottish divisions two and three – and have bigger supports.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

I understand that the draw for Round 3 will take place at 2 p.m. today.

Rob

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Home drw against Brechin

Participant
    • Total Posts 7507

That will do nicely!

I would imagine Himself won’t be too disappointed with Irvine Meadow v Arbroath.

Rob

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

That will do nicely!

I would imagine Himself won’t be too disappointed with Irvine Meadow v Arbroath.

Rob

Yes Rob, I think it’s a reasonable draw for the "Medda" – and one which will please manager, Chris Strain, who was desperately hoping for a home draw.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9229

Academy just relieved to be drawn at home I think after being drawn away for thier last four ties (St Cuthbert, Edinburgh City, Inverness Clachnacuddin and Girvan). It’ll be great to see how they get on against Scottish League opposition although, alas, I won’t be able to make the trip North myself.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.