The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wichita Lineman

Home Forums Horse Racing Wichita Lineman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I don’t want to hijack the Exotic Dancer thread so:

According to TDK, Wichita Lineman doesn’t run on Saturday because of the opposition (this could be tongue-in-cheek)

Why is he still only 6/1 for the World Hurdle then and where is he going to go?

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

I’m only going on what it says in the RP

“I have had a look at the race on Saturday and it seems a very hot race so we have decided that Wichita Lineman will give it a miss but he remains on target for the World Hurdle” said O’.Neill…..

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

I’m only going on what it says in the RP

“I have had a look at the race on Saturday and it seems a very hot race so we have decided that Wichita Lineman will give it a miss but he remains on target for the World Hurdle” said O’.Neill…..

Find that quite amazing, really. What next for the great Jonjo?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

and taking on Inglis Dreaver will be easier will it?

Surely this is a horse that needs a race or two as well? Maybe just to get his enthusiasm back. Is it only because McCoy isnt available and hes worried about using another jockey? That wouldnt make sense either.

He baffles me

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

That is incredible – is he hoping that Inglis Drever (who apparently hasn’t even been able to work last week due to bad weather) and Blazing Bailey will get injured between Saturday and March?

The only other options (at CHL) are the Coral Cup or Pertemps where the horse would run off top weight.

The horse is available at 3.15 to lay for a place in the World Hurdle and that looks tempting if Jonjo thinks he isn’t good enough to take on his 2 main rivals over course & distance on Saturday (apologies if I’m mixing up the new & old courses here but the principle is effectively the same)

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Baffling! Time to drag up our old Jonjo threads I think!

Where’s Fist of Fury when you need him?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

A very curious statement. The only possible reason I can think up is that he doesn’t want a hard race for WL and wants to go to the World Hurdle as fresh as possible whilst still getting another run in. Even then, the Cleeve Hurdle was earmarked as Inglis Drever’s next run right after he won at Newbury, so why enter WL at all for Saturday?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

So Jonjo thinks Inglis Drever could be a biot hot to handle on Saturday. Prey tell then how will he got on at the Festival on 4 lb worse terms than Saturday and when presumably the Drever han’t been held up in his work by bad weather.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

JP McCmanus wants to unload a bundle on this horse. They strongly fancy that he can win the World hurdle at Cheltenham I am led to believe.

What would be the best way for a big time proffessional gambler to get himself a bigger price on the horse?

Get Jonjo to make some bizzare quote to the Racing Post, that makes it sound like they are scared of the opposition.

Sit back watch the price drift markedly and then

BANG – Watch this one tumble.

I would almost guarantee that is what is happening here.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Complete fantasy- looks like we’ve got a FOF replacement…
    I’d say Jonjo is becoming afraid to run anything decent so badly is the stable going

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Probably not for off the mark there carvillshill – it is becoming embarrassing

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Has John Jo got a bug in his yard or has he not had chance too repair his gallops after the floods?

I smell a rat, a rather pungent one. Pus i dont think the horse can win the world hurdle…

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Trainer’s fortunes can change quite rapidly and you do wonder if this is going to be a downward turning point

As nice a bloke as he seems to be, you would have sleepless nights sending horses to Jackdaws right now

It might all be a bit unfair but these things stick

Good point whether the Wichita withdrawl is a "bottle job"

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

If my statement is so ridiculous then why is Paddy Power making sure they dont take any bets on Wichita Linesman for the World Hurdle. They are the shortest price and they are the ones who know exactly how JP’s runners are expected to perform.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Does anyone think it may be because of McCoy being out and Richard Johnson getting the ride on Inglis Drever? ? ?

Im just speculating i know, and im trying to think of another reason why Jonjo would pull Wichita Lineman out of the race.

McCoy probably gets on well with the horse, and i have to say, Wichita Lineman doesnt look the easiest of rides, seems to be quite a lazy horse and needs to be ‘kept up to work’ so to speak.

Not sure if it is the reason, like i say, just trying to think of another reason why he would withdraw the horse from the race as it does seem a strange decision.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.