The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

By the way that Doncaster race might just be a contender for most clueless commentary in history award.

At the end the commentator says “he might just have a bit of star quality about him” which must go down as the understatement of all time.

No **** sherlock :scratch:

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Great afternoon’s racing at Haydock. :bye:

Fair Eva was stunning in the flesh. She wasn’t big. She was very relaxed in the parade ring; she didn’t seem unduly bothered by her first racecourse appearance! She was a professional.

I got caught up en route to the course (I couldn’t find my sunscreen anywhere and I can’t even glimpse at the sun without it so had to make an unscheduled stop at Sainsburys for more) and only just arrived in time to see the filly in the paddock so I didn’t get any decent photos until after the race. I have got some video as well; I’ll try and upload them all now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Sorry about my frankly (no pun intended) laughable photography skills.

Fair Eva

Fair Eva

Fair Eva

Fair Eva

Fair Eva

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Going to post:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Frankuus has opened at 5/2 for his Haydock race tomorrow.

The Godolphin newcomer Never A Word is generally a close second favourite and he is a son of Lonhro, who cost 180,000 dollars as a yearling.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

Coming home:

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

FRANKEL WAS A SPECIAL HORSE AND WILL BE A SPECIAL SIRE, EXTREMELY LIKELY TO WIN BOTH GUINEAS NEXT YEAR AND POSSIBLY THE DERBY!

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

And in the winner’s circle…

Looking forward to watching the actual race on RUK Racing Replay this evening, seeing as I missed most of it today! :yes: :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Great stuff St Nic. Love the videos, She looked very relaxed going to post.

Hannon was quite buoyant beforehand about his runner, he did say if Charlton’s was ready would be a tough ask but Nations Alexander had come on a fair bit from debut.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Slowly Away
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

<p abp=”185″>Frankuus has opened at 5/2 for his Haydock race tomorrow.

It’s interesting that Frankuus is described as a Grey

His damsire is Linamix who tends to churn out Greys

Does this mean that he takes after Linamix rather than Frankel ?

All the Frankel’s we’ve seen to date have looked like him……chestnuts with a big white blaze.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Nice work St Nic. Lovely looking filly – a bonny colour, like her father. She’ll want a fair bit farther than today, I’d say.

Frankel and sons/daughters likely to rack up more miles after passing the post that during races, by the look of things:)

I’ve seen only his winners so far and they all seem to share his appetite for racing.. The way things are going, a bunch of them will meet sooner or later.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Fantastic stuff St. Nic.

The mini Frankels all look like racy types and seem to have inherited a share of his ability. All is looking good for him as a sire.

What a phenomenon he is.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Fantastic stuff St. Nic.

The mini Frankels all look like racy types and seem to have inherited a share of his ability. All is looking good for him as a sire.

What a phenomenon he is.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

<p abp=”185″>Frankuus has opened at 5/2 for his Haydock race tomorrow.

It’s interesting that Frankuus is described as a Grey

His damsire is Linamix who tends to churn out Greys

Does this mean that he takes after Linamix rather than Frankel ?

All the Frankel’s we’ve seen to date have looked like him……chestnuts with a big white blaze.

I doubt it. To be grey, a horse must have at least one grey parent and therefore one can expect roughly 50% of Linamix’s progeny out of non-grey mares to be grey. Of course, any of his progeny out of grey mares will be grey and grey only.

The alleles (genes) for the grey coat colour will be completely separate to any genes relating to performance factors so the colour of Frankel’s progeny will have no effect on their abilities as racehorses. I’m not aware of any link between coat colour and performance in Thoroughbreds.

I’m a little puzzled by your last comment, since Frankel was neither chestnut nor did he have a blaze, and Majoris and Cunco are bay. :unsure:

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

I don’t know why I spoke about Frankel in the past tense there. Sorry everyone, I sort of considered him ‘in the past’ because he isn’t racing any more. :wacko:

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

What stunning pictures St. Nic thank you, really enjoyed watching her going to post and after the race, this thread is going to be packed to the brim with top class colts and fillies all churned out by Frankel, what a Supersire he is turning into.

Steve…thank you so much for the re-run I really enjoyed watching it (about 10 times so far ;-) )
    We’ve all got every right to be overexcited about these fillies and colts and if what Joni is predicting comes true then we are in for some exciting times…bring it on.

IB Racing .. I know what you mean about Roger Charlton, he’s not one of my favourite trainers but Prince Khalid has faith in him and I wish him every success.

Nathan we have to also watch out for all the horses that run 2nd and 3rd to the Frankel Army as they will be a yardstick to follow for a while.

Slowly Away Having Linamix in his pedigree must be a plus for Frankuus whether he takes after his Damsire or his Sire. I’ve seen one or two by New Approach and Sea The Stars that have been grey, it’s interesting how this happens and on the other hand Dark Angel has sired bays like Heaven’s Guest and Bronze Angel.

Joni it’s such exciting times and I think all your predictions are going to come true. :yahoo: x Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

I doubt it. To be grey, a horse must have at least one grey parent and therefore one can expect roughly 50% of Linamix’s progeny out of non-grey mares to be grey. Of course, any of his progeny out of grey mares will be grey and grey only.

Linamix was a homozygous grey, so all of his progeny were grey regardless of the colour of the mare.

Incidentally two heterozygous greys can have a non-grey foal if neither happen to pass on the dominant grey gene (so approx 25% of the time – the same probability as two heterozygous bay parents having a chestnut foal).

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.