The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 211

Woooow i’ve never known a stallion making such an impact so early impressive three from four over trips that maybe is not ideal and the time of year that you wouldn’t really say was idea well from what the so called experts saying all his foals look later types well that’s truly been eggs in faces first group one this year whats the odds?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

This is truly remarkable. I certainly don’t remember anything like it.

For context, here were the first five runners for Galileo, Sea The Stars and Dubawi

Galileo
    27/5 High Command – 2nd Wolverhampton Maiden (16/1) – 1st Yarmouth Handicap (89) OR96
    28/5 Global Genius – 3rd Doncaster Maiden (40/1) – 2nd Chesham Stakes OR90
    24/6 Heliostatic – 2nd Curragh Maiden (5/1) – 1st Meld Stakes OR114
    24/6 My Amalie – 4th Newmarket Maiden (25/1) – 6th Cherry Hinton Stakes OR95
    30/6 Fly Me To The Moon – 4th Yarmouth Maiden (20/1) – sole start

Sea The Stars
    3/6 Juvenile Lead – 6th Leicester Maiden (5/1) – sole start
    13/6 Calorie – 4th Leopardstown Maiden (12/1) – 5th Patton Stakes OR84
    20/6 Stars Over The Sea – 4th Leicester Maiden (3/1) – 4th Anniversary 4YO Hurdle OR99/141
    29/6 Sea The Skies – 3rd Newmarket Maiden (25/1) – 1st Leicester Handicap (78) OR81
    19/7 Anipa – 7th Newmarket Maiden (25/1) – 1st Cheshire Oaks OR98

Dubawi
    26/4 Curtains – 3rd Brighton Maiden (25/1) – 5th Albany Stakes OR93
    12/5 Gulf Punch – 5th Warwich Maiden (33/1) – 1st Catterick Handicap Hurdle (110) OR64/116
    22/5 Dubawi Phantom – 5th Brighton Maiden (5/1) – 2nd Lingfield Derby Trial OR104
    29/5 Confessional – 8th Haydock Maiden (7/1) – 2nd The Sprint Stakes OR106
    30/5 Extreme Warrior – 9th Goodwood Maiden (20/1) – 1st Newmarket Maiden OR88

Are there any anoraks who can think of another hyped sire who’s made such a roaring start?

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Joni…the faith we all had in Frankel is living on in his progeny and I couldn’t be more excited especially as you know I am due to see him at Banstead Manor on 15th September, You were lucky to get in last year with the twins it is such a popular tour..Im so pleased that I saw him several times at Newmarket in the flesh and that somewhere in that shot of him coasting home in the 2000 Guineas in front of the members stand includes little dot that is me…that’s how much we all love him and I really hope that I will get to see one of his offspring at HQ before the year is out. :heart:
    I couldn’t get any 7/4 Steve but got 11/8 and that’s fine..do you have a re-run of the 2.40 Haydock as I missed the race
    :unsure:
    Hope you got some good pics St.Nicholas Abbey look forward to seeing them. .was she on the tiny side? They say a lot of them are but it doesn’t seem to be making any difference..
    Galileo must be shaking in his horseshoes if he’s reading these results LOL..Jac
    Will try to get on earlier for Frankuus tomorrow :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

When did Roger Charlton ever have a 1000 Guineas winner? That’s the main concern in my mind at the moment. Of course the Guineas is way off but I’ve had to have a nibble at the prices. As low as 14/1 with bet 365.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hi Jac – yes very exciting for us Frankelteenies!!! She is not small at all this one – a lovely looking filly. I have just been able to watch it from here in Canada (last day of long trip!!) – my using my Sky Bet login on the Sporting Life website. She is seriously impressive given she made a total hash of the start. Stretching away to win by 4.

IBracing – be careful about the Guineas….there are more to come!!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Hi Jac – yes very exciting for us Frankelteenies!!! She is not small at all this one – a lovely looking filly. I have just been able to watch it from here in Canada (last day of long trip!!) – my using my Sky Bet login on the Sporting Life website. She is seriously impressive given she made a total hash of the start. Stretching away to win by 4.

IBracing – be careful about the Guineas….there are more to come!!!!

Of course but it’s all about price. The breeding and the debut performance make it worth a small bet at the price. Not much to lose a good bit to gain.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2988

Looking forward to St Nicolas Abbey’s pics! :good:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I couldn’t get any 7/4 Steve but got 11/8 and that’s fine..do you have a re-run of the 2.40 Haydock as I missed the race.

Prepare to be dazzled.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/2016068/2605315/15541315

Stone last in the early stages but I can honestly say I felt she had it in her grasp from 3f out.

Rasimi beat today’s runner up 3l last time, in a similar come from behind style but Fair Eva looked to do it in better style today.

Fair Eva has physical substance about her as well and I suspect she must have run to a decent rating today.

Aidan’s Cuff had been Guineas favourite at 20/1 coming into today and she has a Racing Post rating of 102. I feel Fair Eva must be listed class already and I have taken 20/1 for the Guineas.

There may be better Frankels to come yet but they will need to be exceptional to top this. Just something about Fair Eva cried out to me when I saw her breeding and the Moyglare entry confirmed my anticipation.

“Then I saw her Pace and now I’m a Believer”

Enjoy the replay, I suspect I’ll be watching it plenty over the coming weeks.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

When did Roger Charlton ever have a 1000 Guineas winner? That’s the main concern in my mind at the moment. Of course the Guineas is way off but I’ve had to have a nibble at the prices. As low as 14/1 with bet 365.

He did have a Derby Winner Quest For Fame in 1990 ridden by the late great Pat Eddery, and now he has another Khalid Abdullah owned horse which could possibly win the Guineas or even the Oaks. It’s been a long time coming but definitely worth a speculative bet IBR good luck. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

I couldn’t get any 7/4 Steve but got 11/8 and that’s fine..do you have a re-run of the 2.40 Haydock as I missed the race.

Prepare to be dazzled.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/2016068/2605315/15541315

Stone last in the early stages but I can honestly say I felt she had it in her grasp from 3f out.

Rasimi beat today’s runner up 3l last time, in a similar come from behind style but Fair Eva looked to do it in better style today.

Fair Eva has physical substance about her as well and I suspect she must have run to a decent rating today.

Aidan’s Cuff had been Guineas favourite at 20/1 coming into today and she has a Racing Post rating of 102. I feel Fair Eva must be listed class already and I have taken 20/1 for the Guineas.

There may be better Frankels to come yet but they will need to be exceptional to top this. Just something about Fair Eva cried out to me when I saw her breeding and the Moyglare entry confirmed my anticipation.

“Then I saw her Pace and now I’m a Believer”

Enjoy the replay, I suspect I’ll be watching it plenty over the coming weeks.

I echo all that. I thought she was really impressive. Just Roger Charlton turns me off a bit. Perhaps I’m being unKIND (get it? ;)).

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Roger Charlton has had it pretty lean in the Classics and my biggest concern would be him having Fair Eva ready to roll in May 2017.

However, Frankel is a new sire and we don’t know yet how quick to hand his progeny might be a 3yo. If Fair Eva were trained by Aidan O’ Brien she would be very skinny indeed for the 1000 Guineas after that show and a quick “I’ve never seen a filly come to hand so early, with so much natural speed.

Fair Eva looks to me like she will get 7F already, so that’s encouraging.

Generally these ante-post odds are a one-way street and if Fair Eva wins next time she is likely to be cut in half for Newmarket.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

He did have a Derby Winner Quest For Fame in 1990 ridden by the late great Pat Eddery, and now he has another Khalid Abdullah owned horse which could possibly win the Guineas or even the Oaks. It’s been a long time coming but definitely worth a speculative bet IBR good luck. :good: Jac

Thankyou.

It’s a hell of a long time since Quest For Fame / Sanglamore but to be fair maybe he’s never had a filly as good as Fair Eva. I certainly can’t remember him having a 2yo filly with this amount of promise.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Best of luck with your bets guys but not sure you’re getting what I’m saying. The rules have changed. Yes she was impressive compared to normal 2 year old fillies but these Frankels are going to raise the bar by which we rate horses. There are plenty more to come that are even better bred than this one. Put it this way – I don’t think she is going to prove to be the exception……

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

You might be right Joni although that’s a bold call to make. If he can even match his daddy who is arguably the greatest sire in history, then he’s doing very well.

Thought fair eva was deeply impressive today. Striking looking filly although the time wasn’t great. Shame she’s not going to Royal Ascot as I think she’d be a banker in something like the Queen mary.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Judge – it is a bold call but you can do that with Frankel and he never makes you look stupid! His progeny are going to change the landscape of racing as we know it. Their only dangers will be other Frankel’s or, as you say, his dad or eventually the sons and daughters of his own progeny.

Forget Jesus Christ, Frankel is the TRUE Messiah and these are sons and daughters of the Messiah!!! (Ok maybe I HAVE now managed to sound stupid!!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: )

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The trainer’s son said the following:-

Harry Charlton, son of trainer Roger Charlton who handled Frankel’s dam Kind (Ire) (Danehill). “A lot of that was on natural ability, rather than being drilled at home. She was the one of our two-year-olds who from early on was floating around our trotting ring at home–she has a beautiful action and long stride and is a good size and strong. This ground is getting close to being on the lively side, which is perfect for her. On paper, this wasn’t a weak race and we thought she might get run off her feet a bit, but she was in front longer than we would have wanted. Ryan [Moore] isn’t one to shout about it, but when he said to take slow and steady steps it means he likes her. He thinks she’ll be a miler in time, so we’ll let her ease up to her distance. I suspect Frankel is the real deal.”

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I think the thing with Frankel and his progeny is they do what it says on the lid- that filly today looked good, she moved good and she finished good. The greats make it look so simple.

I recall the first time I was really blown away by Frankel- it was Doncaster, it was his second run and he just breezed up to the leader which was running as far as it could, and laughed at it like it was going up and down on the spot. I just gasped with admiration. He was some horse.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.