The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

I did the tour with the twins last year Jac. It is AMAZING!!! Enjoy xxx

That’s great to hear Joni thank you :good:
    I don’t want to wish away the Flat Season until the day but just can’t wait to see him again, even thinking I might bribe his groom for a hair of his tail from the grooming brush..LOL

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

oops – not sure how I managed to turn myself over. I was sure I was standing up when I took that!! Loved Arlington – such a beautiful course. I lost the three bets I had but couldn’t care. Very interesting to note some of the differences between going racing in the States and here:

1. Price – there is only one admission price – you pay $8 and you can go anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE. You can see I was in the paddock with the jockeys!! No officials telling you that you can’t go here or there. I had the pick of the best seats in the grandstand as well.
    2. The efficiency – there are hundreds and hundreds of DIY betting machines which are really simple to use so there is no queuing to place your bet even though it was very well attended.
    3. The horses – they parade near their saddle boxes til they are called to the paddock and then they parade once around in race card order and mounted as they go round. I was then amazed at how easily they enter the stalls. There was never any shoving or pushing from handlers – they must be trained to do this much more than ours are.
    4. Dress code – doesn’t exist. Including the grooms who just walk around the paddock in sneakers and jeans.
    5. Entertainment – In between races there is plenty going on with music playing in the background so time flies. There was even a wedding taking place!
    6. Safety – of the horses. They all get sprayed with cold water immediately after a race and are assigned a lead horse so they all stay calm.

All in all a great night and so glad to have experienced it.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

The next one off the production line runs in the 2.40 at Haydock on Wednesday. Fair Eva is by African Rose who won the Sprint Cup for Criquitte Head in 2008 so she should have plenty of speed. Trained by Roger Charlton and is the first Frankel to run in the colours of Prince Khaled.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Thank you Joni will make sure to get on early and hope she wins.. :rose:
    Your Arlington pictures where superb what a beautiful track. .did you Let It Ride..like in the film..LOL It just looked so picturesque everywhere.
    Felt so so ashamed of what went on after The Derby this year.if they keep having entertainment after racing this will keep happening. When I used to go as a little girl with my family it was lovely when the track emptied out and you could sit quietly on The Downs now it’s mayhem and most probably didn’t even come for the racing…shame :unsure:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Fair Eva is one of the two Charlton Frankel’s I highlighted and she’s one of those I am eagerly awaiting.

She holds a Moyglare entry so hopefully that is a good sign.

How forward she will be with Roger Charlton at the helm is hard to say but I can’t wait to see her in the flesh.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Another one for Thursday at Haydock. Frankuus goes for Mark Johnston in the first 7f maiden of the year (in the UK)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Fair Eva is 7/4 fav with Bet365 in the first show of odds for the 2.40 Haydock Wednesday.

Ryan Moore is on board, so hopefully he won’t do a US Army Ranger here ;-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The 7/4 seems long gone now. My 50p must have triggered the collapse. 11/8 is top at 8.15pm

The early bird catches the Frankel.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

I’m off to Haydock today to see Fair Eva, I will get some snaps.:)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

That one sounded the best so far!!!! My god we are in for a treat!!!

TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Fair Eva by 4l.

I adored Frankel. I was there at York for the Juddmonte, I’ve visited him at Banstead Manor. I know it’s ridiculously early days to get too excited but I cannot articulate how ridiculously pleased I am that his first runners are proving to be capable of winning. He was the Flat horse of my lifetime and I’d be gutted if he turned out to be a flop at stud. I want the legend and that aura of ‘specialness’ around him to continue!

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

This start doesn’t indicate that he’ll be a flop, in fact it looks incredibly promising. I thought the filly was mega impressive today. I’d be training her towards the 1000 Guineas next year, even at this stage. If she falls short she falls short but she has lots of ability and her breeding screams Guineas at me.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Guys, at the risk of sounding like a smarty pants, I’ve said it all along – the huge advantage Frankel’s have is the huge advantage Frankel had!!! In my view he wasn’t just slightly the best horse we have ever seen, he was by far the best horse we have ever seen. He was off the scale. I’m not even sure dear old Henry let us see the very best of him. We all wondered how he would be over 5f or 6f – we are getting a glimpse now. I wonder if they’ll stay 12f? Tony Morris talked about his “regression to the mean” – that a great horse can never produce one as good as himself. But here’s a scary thought – what if Frankel was actually better than 143? What if he was really closer to 150? Opens up other options.

Anyway all we have to do is fasten ourselves in and enjoy this wonderful ride!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.