The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 511 through 527 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I didn’t realise he was YOUR Seven Heavens!! Glad you agree with me on him though as he is still the best Frankel colt for me too.

I hear what you are saying Steve but maiden winners are rarely given a proper or accurate rating simply because they are running against other maidens so it is almost impossible to rate them very highly. For example, I remember Frankel getting a rating of about 90 odd after his maiden win against Nathaniel but it is highly likely that, in hindsight, he was really running to a mark in the low 100’s that day. A few weeks later he almost broke the track record at Donny but it was only a conditions race so they rated him 115. I am convinced he actually ran to a mark closer to the mid 120’s. A few weeks later he ran again in a Group race and finally got his 120+ mark. Now of course he WAS improving each time he ran but I doubt it was by a stone each time. It takes a while to find the proper mark of a horse and you can only REALLY tell when they start racing against proper animals. With Swiss Storm and City of Joy I would guess that they actually ran much higher than their mark but at this stage it is JUST a guess. We won’t know until later this season (or even next) how good that race was. They often use the phrase “bare form” don’t they and I would say that, whilst Swiss Storm certainly DOES need to improve to win the RP, he has been rated on that bare form and is probably better than that and therefore won’t need to improve QUITE as much as the rating suggests.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I might just add that I am not a big fan of trainers jumping horses straight from maidens to Group races especially Group 1’s. It’s a bit like saying to my son, right you scored against Culham juniors last weekend now go and score at the Kop End next week.

I would respectfully ask Mr Elsworth to take his time with Swiss Storm.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Here is another Seven Heavens fan, am waiting to see when he’s going to reappear (Dewhurst?) whilst keeping an eye on the Classic betting (to see he doesn’t shorten) before backing him for the 2000. With ante-post betting, the shorter timespan you’ve got the bet on the better – less chance of injury and don’t want another owner-companion userping his chance either. Like Joni says, reminds me of Frankel.

However, James Willow’ will tell you everything is about value. 25/1 Seven Heavens against his 40/1 Swiss Storm is hardly fair.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Andre Fabre’s Franked was 3rd on debut at Saint Cloud. It was a funny run because, despite ending up third, he was under pressure from the very start and more or less under pressing from his jockey for the entire race.

It looks like he will need a decent amount of ground to cover and he did keep on well considering how early he came under pressure.

The video of the race sees Franked in the Khalid Abdullah colours with the pink cap and nearer the rails than the other horse in the same colours:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2350/

The winner City Light was making his debut and the runner up ran behind Jean-Claude Rouget’s Neguev last time out.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Andre Fabre’s Franked was 3rd on debut at Saint Cloud. It was a funny run because, despite ending up third, he was under pressure from the very start and more or less under pressing from his jockey for the entire race.

It looks like he will need a decent amount of ground to cover and he did keep on well considering how early he came under pressure.

The video of the race sees Franked in the Khalid Abdullah colours with the pink cap and nearer the rails than the other horse in the same colours:-

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/race-replays/2/2350/

The winner City Light was making his debut and the runner up ran behind Jean-Claude Rouget’s Neguev last time out.

Looking at that race a few times Steve I was quite impressed with him and at one point almost thought he might go on and win, but he stayed on well for 3rd.
    Thought he looked as though he was carrying a bit of weight and needed that run.
    He’s got a HUGE back end on him which is obvious as they kick away from the stalls and he gets in position, a real powerhouse like his dad :heart: . Will definitely back him next time he runs, really liked him and thanks for the link…Jac :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well he didn’t win but yet another promising debut from a son of Frankel today as Monarch’s Glen was denied by a short head by a race-fit rival. He looks a nice big strapping colt who will surely be a decent middle-distance horse next year.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I didn’t realise he was YOUR Seven Heavens!! Glad you agree with me on him though as he is still the best Frankel colt for me too.

I won the horse in a card game with Khalid Abdullah. I am not saying the cards were tampered with but I had a full house of Jacks over Aces, while Khalid Abdullah had a pair of twos, Pikachu, Booby Moore and Mrs Bun The Baker’s Wife.

Just waiting on the paperwork going through now and the new Caution colours of flesh coloured silks with a blue vein running up the middle and the purple cap to top it off will make their debut.

Dewhurst, Greenham, Guineas is the way I am leaning for him.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Eminent for Martyn Meade tomorrow. Just reading about his fine strike rate at HQ so one to note.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

FRANKEL TOUR
    Thursday 15th September
    BAMSTEAD MANOR STUD

At last I can share some of the photos I took of Frankel during my visit to Juddmonte’s Banstead Manor Stud to see Frankel. :heart:
    It was a glorious day and he looked absolutely stunning. He was close enough to touch at one stage but, of course, we weren’t allowed.
    Also on display were Kingman, Oasis Dream and Dansili now aged 20.
    He has changed a lot since his racing days but still a character. Shane Fetherstonhaugh came for a surprise visit and you can just see him in the distant shot as they were getting Frankel ready for his parade, also the man who brough Frankel into the world Jim Power had a few tales to spin…Jac :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32172

Great Photos Jac,
    and what a beautiful place that Banstead Manor Stud looks

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 373

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing Triptych.
    Frankel looks a solid type, not to be pushed around with, especially good bone on him. What a piece of Machinery he is!
    By the way, I watched that Franked race from France a few times (thanks for sharing Steve Caution), he does look like one with potential. Laid back, big and a few pounds from really fit and I do not think he will loose much from that race, making the jockey work most of the way. I really enjoy watching those capable but lazy horses, completely different from the Lady Aurelia types, who run their heart out willingly, leaving nothing to spare.

Best Wishes
    Silk

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Great Photos Jac,
    and what a beautiful place that Banstead Manor Stud looks

It really is breathtaking Nathan absolutely spotless and the horses are treated like Kings.
    They made us all feel really welcome and Frankel stole the show as always. :heart:

@ Kentucky Spring
    Yes he really is a piece of machinery .. that’s a great description :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Wow! Lucky enough to have seen Frankel four times on the racecourse.
    Hasn’t lost any of his swagger.

Thanks Jac. :rose:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Wow! Lucky enough to have seen Frankel four times on the racecourse.
    Hasn’t lost any of his swagger.

Thanks Jac. :rose:

I’m so glad those pictures came out Ginge. My son persuaded me to leave my Canon ‘Coolpix’ at home and take his more professional camera and pleased that they haven’t come out too bad.
    Great memories also of Frankel in his racing days, I saw him win the 2000 Guineas had it sewn up 2 furlongs from home the crowd on their feet applauding and cheering…magical :rose:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 986

Thank you for the fantastic photos, Jac.
    He is a real stunning powerpack and apparently he has found his heaven on earth there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Thank you for the fantastic photos, Jac.
    He is a real stunning powerpack and apparently he has found his heaven on earth there.

Thank you hein…yes he looked stunning and he was born there too so now he’s gone full circle.

It was also nice to meet Jim Power the man who brought Frankel into the world he said he there were no problems with Kind and her delivery and that within 10 minutes Frankel was up on his feet and looking for food.

It really is heaven on earth for the Stallions that stand there and the staff are fantastic with them.
    We only had around 2 hours and I could have stayed forever. :rose: Jac

Blocked
    • Total Posts 986

Yes, I imagine that.
    I should have written my nick in capital letters, but now it’s too late..

Viewing 17 posts - 511 through 527 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.