The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Thanks for the update Joni I’ll be keeping an eye out for those and trying to get some early prices if they run. :good:
    I don’t like to say it but looking at Frankuus in the race at Newbury I think he will struggle to beat AMABILIS. Saw her first time out at Newmarket and had a really good look at her in the pre-parade where she looked so fit and ready to go you could see her ribs and she’s an athlete through and through. That day Dabyah got the better of her but she came out again and ran another good race 2nd to AOB’s Rhododendron. Her only problem has been that she races keenly but this could have been down to greenness in both cases.
    So how will she fair against the colts on Saturday and in particular Hugo Palmer’s Escobar and Frankuus, I’m prepared to go with what I have seen in flesh and believe that is a filly who is fit and ready to win races. She’s had the best jockeys queuing up to ride her and on Saturday she has the services of the legend that is Pat Smullen. Frankuus may have to settle for a place again here and Mr Scaramanga has already finished ahead of him albeit on ground unfavoured by both horses.
    Only 5 runners but an interesting little race with a few rising stars hoping to prove themselves in Listed company..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes Jac it looks a fascinating race and I am with you that it will take some winning. As well as Amabilis looking good, apparently Escobar works the house down. He often works with Majoris and has the beating of him according to gallops reports so he will take some beating as well I think. Can’t help thinking that most trainers would wait for the 1 mile listed races but Mark Johnston likes to race them so Frankuus goes again. I am sure he will be ridden more aggressively this time though.

Elsewhere today Frankel has 7 entries in the Dewhurst and 3 in the Fillies Mile. Mirage Dancer is another new name to add to the list out of Heat Haze and trained by Sir Michael he is entered in the Dewhurst. Also we have San Remo again entered up next week at Roscommon and Killarney whilst Senator could run in a novice event at Carlisle on Wednesday.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Another first time out winner for the mighty one and a lovely debut. Aljezeera travelled like a dream and won as she liked despite getting a little tired late on. So unusual for Luca to have a first time out winner so she must be promising. Early days but the Fillies Mile could be an option later on this season and I would think she’s a nice middle-distance prospect for next year.

As I thought Frankuus was totally outpaced at Newbury and needs stepping up. The winner looks very nice.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 819

As I thought Frankuus was totally outpaced at Newbury and needs stepping up. The winner looks very nice.

Johnston has probably already got a series of all age handicaps lined up for him next year where he finishes tailed off in a number of them before poping up at 20/1 at either the York or Goodwood festival!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hahaha! You’re probably right Andrew. Frankel’s record with fillies is extraordinary.
    Fair Eva 11
    Queen Kindly 131
    Toulifaut 1
    Soul Stirring 1
    Aljezeera 1
    7 out of 8. They definitely seem to settle better than the boys.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Aljezeera so impressive for me. Looks a lengthy type with plenty of scope and likely to train on, and as you say Joni she could be a prospect for the Fillie’s mile, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if she turned up in the may hill, back at the same track.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Aljezeera so impressive for me. Looks a lengthy type with plenty of scope and likely to train on, and as you say Joni she could be a prospect for the Fillie’s mile, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if she turned up in the may hill, back at the same track.

Aljezeera looks one of the better ones and could be an Oaks type for next season. This was a highly promising start and it’s time we started seeing a few really good prospects.

I’m just trying to be honest here and I don’t think it’s anything to get overly excited about when seeing a winner of a Nursery off a mark of 76, no matter how easy it was.

Frankuus just leaves me cold I’m afraid.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

called Brooklyn Bobby (named after Bobby Frankel of course)….

Or perhaps after Bobby Fischer.

Here, I never said that!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I once played a guy who played Bobby in a world championship match ;-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

That’s fair enough Stevie. I said myself Majoris has a long way to go but he ran to 91 which was a big step up from his maiden and is going in the right direction. Having said that apparently Escobar leaves him for dead at home – hardly surprising after what we saw today.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Look out for Toulifaut in the 1.05 at Deauville today. Jean-Claude Rouget is aiming her at the Prix Marcel Boussac later in the year but slowly, slowly with this one and she should win this conditions race comfortably.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

As easy as you like for Toulifaut and yet another filly winner. I think that’s now 8 out of 9.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Fascinating quote from Angus Gold after buying the most expensive Frankel yearling at the Arqana sale yesterday. Might go some way to explaining why we haven’t seen quite so many so far:

“Obviously it’s incredibly exciting, what the stallion’s doing, particularly as I didn’t think they looked particularly precocious individuals last year,” he said. “It looks very much as though they’re doing it not because they’re fast, but because they’ve got class, that’s the thing. I was talking to Jean-Claude Rouget this morning, and said, ‘I see you’re running a nice FRANKEL filly later.’ And he said, ‘Yes, maybe, but I think she might be a bit tender, maybe not quite
    ready for a test like this.’ And then she [Toulifaut] goes and wins like that. And then there was Luca Cumani’s filly, at Doncaster yesterday, they say she’s enormous [Aljezeera]. So I got it completely wrong – I thought they’d be three-year-olds, that it would be all about next year – shows what I know,” he quipped.

Gold’s other FRANKEL success was lot 17, a colt from the family of RAINBOW QUEST. The first foal of Faithfully
    (Red Clubs), herself once a Listed winner at Deauville, was secured for €300,000.

“I thought he was a very solid little horse and looked more of a two-year-old than some of the FRANKELs I’ve seen,”
    said Gold, referring back to his broader observations about the sire’s stock. In fairness, those initial assumptions have been borne out by the three members of his first crop in training for Shadwell.

“They would all be relatively backward, but hopefully ready to run at the backend,” he said.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Senator races tomorrow in the 2.45 Carlisle, expect to see a much more knowledgeable horse this time, would be very surprised if it got beat considering how much energy the horse seemed to waste and how novicey he was on debut.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Another day, another winner Ben. Easy enough though still very green when he hit the front. I expect him to improve for further and more experience.

Big day tomorrow. Fair Eva looks the standout filly of the season but I am sure Queen Kindly will give her sister something to think about. I’ll be hoping for a famous 1-2.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Interesting to see Pat Smullen get the ride on Fair Eva. First Ryan Moore, then Dettori now Smullen. At some point I presume Charlton is going to have to find a jockey to settle on?

I don’t like this race for Fair Eva I’m not sure she should be running here in the first place. I do expect she’ll land the odds but I do think Queen Kindly could make her fight pretty hard.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Interesting what Richard Fahy had to say today –
    “There was a bit of a stigma with the Frankels because we didn’t want to run them in case they got beat”.

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.