The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

John Gosden strongly hinted that Cunco is a horse for this year more than next. He stated that the horse’s stature suggested that they might be better trying to “Make hay with him, while the sun shines”, citing the horse’s very early foaling date as another factor in not having the potential scope of some.

I blame the choice of name myself. Cunco? Why not Blooming Legend? The latter is a name that can give a horse confidence and pride, but they made a Cunc of it. :-( ;-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

It was a penalty kick but Queen Kindly makes it winner number 8 from 14 runs.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Joni/Steve…going to Spain from Sunday until Tuesday 26th July (much needed holiday), would appreciate it if you could post up any Frankel runners on here as usual so I can get a quick reference as to who might be running, where and what time, for my Frankel Flyers thread….it’s going well so far but betting is they’ll all come out of the woodwork next week..thanks you two and good luck with your bets :rose: Jac

@ Steve…Must agree Cunco is a dreadful name for a beautifully thoroughbred, love the name Blooming Legend but the owners have none of your sense of humour and just named him after their home town in Chile, good job they didn’t live in Six Mile Bottom :whistle:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Joni/Steve…going to Spain from Sunday until Tuesday 26th July (much needed holiday), would appreciate it if you could post up any Frankel runners on here as usual so I can get a quick reference as to who might be running, where and what time, for my Frankel Flyers thread….it’s going well so far but betting is they’ll all come out of the woodwork next week..thanks you two and good luck with your bets :rose: Jac

@ Steve…Must agree Cunco is a dreadful name for a beautifully thoroughbred, love the name Blooming Legend but the owners have none of your sense of humour and just named him after their home town in Chile, good job they didn’t live in Six Mile Bottom :whistle:

I’ll try to get any videos of Frankel runners posted.

Enjoy your holiday Jac.

Seven Heavens has been listed as a possible runner in the Richmond Stakes at Glorious Goodwood. That would be very interesting to see.

ps Fair Eva is one of 58 Fillies given an entry in the Lowther Stakes at York

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Thanks Steve much appreciated
    Will be looking out for Seven Heavens (I’ll be home for that one..) and for Fair Eva in August.

Noticed that LIGHTNING FAST is running at the Curragh tommorrow (first Frankel runner in Ireland).
    He’s out of Lightning Pearl by Marju who has a really good record of producing 2yo winners over 7f so should go close.

Looking forward to Sun, Sea & Sangria, will pop into the Forum when the Internet in Espana permits but it’s as slow as a snail over there and we are in a mountanous part of the country which doesn’t help. Looking forward to the break though and also to seeing those videos when I get back ALL WINNERS I hope…good luck with your choices..Jac :rose:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Will keep you posted as well Jac. Have a lovely holiday xxx

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Thank you Joni, will do. xx
    Good luck..back for Goodwood.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

This was Lightening Fast’s race at The Curragh.

http://www.attheraces.com/atrplayer-replay-popup/VOD/947633

I am not sure if the horse was supposed to have been Lightning Fast rather than Lightening Fast but he didn’t live up to his name as he was slowly away and behind for most of the race. A little bit of late headway but he just didn’t look fast enough for this today and he finished 8th.

Joey O Brien’s horse Arcada trumped his Dad’s pair in winning and he had been progressive but nothing special looking on his first two starts.

I was surprised Taj Mahal was such a warm fav after his first woeful effort. He was rousted to get a position early and ran better today, at one time looking like he might win but he couldn’t get to the leader and ended up losing second to team mate Capri.

I forgive a horse his first start but not 2 races, so Taj Mahal is off the list.

I felt the grey Galileo colt Capri was the one for the future from this race, an excellent effort on his debut.

I would think a mile will be Lightening Fast’s next assignment nd he was a bit disappointing as 2nd fav here.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes he didn’t how much at all. I’m sure he will improve for that but can’t see him being one of the stars. With you on Capri Steve; very promising.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Fair Eva, Frankuus and Seven Heavens are all entered up at Ascot on Saturday. Seven Heavens also has an entry at Newmarket. Should be fun as I think Seven Heavens and Fair Eva are the best ones so far.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Is it not true that the Frankel’s are going to get overbet now?

Can’t imagine that Fair Eva or Seven Heavens are going to go off anything other than odds on. And that Ger Lyons horse was massively short on Saturday.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think that is very likely Judge yes. If you have a strike rate of over 50% then the odds are bound to be affected. I suppose as punters we will need to judge them on their merits according to each race and work out whether we think they are worth a bet. Many of us are guilty of being caught up in the excitement and that seemed to be the case with the Ger Lyons horse on Saturday. In fairness, he told us that LF would certainly improve for the run but the problem is that trainers ALWAYS say that. John Gosden said Cunco would need his first run which is why I didn’t back him! It may well be that ultimately, like with Frankel himself, it will be better for us just to watch and enjoy them run as lovers of the sport than putting our hard-earned on them.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Yeah Cunco was rubbish

The awful name gave it away :wacko:

Those Sat runners will be the acid test of whether or not the Frankels are going to progress with racing, as both looked ultra promising on their first runs (particularly fair eva.)

If they bomb the future might not be so rosy after all, so fingers crossed for you mate.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Fair Eva has opened 4/6 for the Princess Margaret on Saturday and I can’t back her at those odds.

Al Johrah was the filly who got closest to Lady Aurelia at Royal Ascot and at 7/1 looks the early value to me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

It’s cart before the horse stuff when you consider Al Johrah is rated 98 on RPR and Fair Eva 93

You’re right you can’t back it at that price. i think all the column inches and chatter on here has destroyed Fair Eva from a betting perspective

Having said that I’ll probably still back her B-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well she certainly couldn’t have bee more impressive can she? A superb performance and a really gorgeous filly with a lovely temperament. I have a couple of piccies to post – it was a wonderful day. I was really pleased with Frankuus as well as he got completely outpaced but stayed on really well to finish a close-up 3rd. He will win nice races over further. So Frankel has passed that next test – we knew he could produce maiden winners but could they step up to Group level? Today gave us an emphatic answer. The first of many Group winners I hope.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Viewing 17 posts - 256 through 272 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.