The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So just seen the Majoris race and it won’t surprise you to hear I would take a lot of positives from it! First he is yet another winner for Frankel. That is now 5 out of 5 – 100%. And it has taken them a grand total of 6 races to achieve those 5 wins. That is incredible. Remember Frankel himself didn’t make his debut until mid-August so all these are currently ahead of their dad (not for long though I guess!) Hugo Palmer has said a lot of nice things about Majoris and they wanted to wait until the ground dried out which I imagine would be the case for a number of them hence the small numbers so far. You never want to start them on bad ground. As for this horse – well he was very, very green still and I doubt you will see him in any of the top races this year but I still think he is a nice prospect for next. Again remember Frankel just got bigger and better with age so anything the 2 year olds do is really a bonus.

So here we are at the start of July with 5 winners from 5 runners (in England). Three of them are now running in Group races (Cunco, Frankuus who will be running in the Group 2 Superlative Stakes on Saturday and Queen Kindly), Fair Eva is surely a Group runner in waiting (Roger Charlton is certainly seeming to heed Ryan Moore’s advice about taking things slowly with her and her two vanquished rivals are already running in Group races) and yesterday’s maiden winner. With the possibility of three more out this week I think things will start to hot up now.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’m hoping to see Richard Fahey’s Senator on Friday Steve in the Weatherby’s Stallions Maiden Stakes at Newmarket, will be the first Frankel foal I have seen in the flesh.
    As you say disappointing how many have run to date but to a £10.00 stake the profit is £82.25 so far so good.(That’s excluding the Japan run- UK only) :good:
    Maybe Majoris needs a bit more time, he’s been slowly away both times and could do better on a firmer surface, even Minding had a tongue tie in the Guineas. ;-) Jac

Senator is an interesting runner Jac. His dam Red Bloom was decent for Michael Stoute and I backed her for the 1000 Guineas ante-post but she was only 4th to Attraction.

I can’t recall much of her progeny, but I do remember being disappointed with Sea The Bloom, who was by Sea The Stars.

I’ll be doing my best to catch the race live, though sadly it won’t be at the Racecourse.

I think you will find it was Ballydoyle and not Minding who wore a tongue tie in the Guineas Jac. I don’t recall Minding using that equipment at all. :rose:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Definitely Minding with the Tongue Tie Steve B-) It could be the only time she’s ever worn one.
    I’ll try to get some shots of Senator on Friday, hopefully he won’t be wearing one.

1ST – Minding 1000 Guineas (on her way to post)

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Jac, every race report I read for the Guineas shows that Ballydoyle wore the tongue tie.

This is one such report and surely if Minding had worn a tongue tie without it being declared it would have been a stewards enquiry job.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/01-05-2016/newmarket/result/713951/qipco-1000-guineas-stakes-fillies-group-1-203rd-running-british-champions-series

I had palpitations when I saw that Air Force Blue was wearing one and I would have had the same concern had Minding been wearing one.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Well how strange is that Steve. I also have close up pictures of Ballydoyle on 1000 Guineas day and she most definitely does not have the tongue tie. I wonder if they took it off before she ran, it’s a bit of a mystery isn’t it. :unsure: Jac

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

The first French Frankel’s look like running at Clairefontaine on Saturday. Andre Fabre runs Last Kingdom (a son of Compelling) and in the fillies race Jean Rouget runs Toulifaut, a daughter of Cassydora. Unfortunately Senator doesn’t run tomorrow but Seven Heavens does at Ascot. It also looks like Cunco and Frankuus will run in the Superlative Stakes on Saturday where they could be taking on Churchill again.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The first French Frankel’s look like running at Clairefontaine on Saturday. Andre Fabre runs Last Kingdom (a son of Compelling) and in the fillies race Jean Rouget runs Toulifaut, a daughter of Cassydora. Unfortunately Senator doesn’t run tomorrow but Seven Heavens does at Ascot. It also looks like Cunco and Frankuus will run in the Superlative Stakes on Saturday where they could be taking on Churchill again.

Thanks for the update on the French runners Joni.

I will do my best to get replays on this thread for those who can’t catch the races live.

TheGhostofCruella
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Do I need to go to Specsavers or is Minding not wearing a tongue tie in that photo?

There’s a blob of white but I think it’s just foam from mouthing the bit, about to drop. If it’s a tongue tie…what is it tied to? Her lower jaw is completely clear.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

Do I need to go to Specsavers or is Minding not wearing a tongue tie in that photo?

There’s a blob of white but I think it’s just foam from mouthing the bit, about to drop. If it’s a tongue tie…what is it tied to? Her lower jaw is completely clear.

You should be a detective Cruella I think you are spot on (Mystery solved thank goodness) I’ve been puzzling over that shot ever since I took it. :good:
    Thank you and apologies for doubting our Steve..Jac :rose:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Taken from At The Races “The numerous successes of Frankel’s first crop of two-year-olds has been a feature of the first half of this Flat season and, if the information I am receiving from yards all around Britain is right, there are many more to come. Among those about whom I have heard good reports is the John Gosden-trained Seven Heavens , shortly to make his debut and out of a mare, Heaven Sent, who notched six victories.”

Participant
    • Total Posts 16958

:good: :good: :good: :good: :good: 5/5 and he’s only in 1st gear :heart:

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Seven Heavens is owned by Juddmonte, bought by them as a yearling, which is unusual, so they must have had some insider information, and he is also their first colt to run, so I suspect he is one of their better ones and will be primed to win. It’s surprising that he’s not odds on.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

You should be a detective Cruella I think you are spot on (Mystery solved thank goodness) I’ve been puzzling over that shot ever since I took it. :good:
    Thank you and apologies for doubting our Steve..Jac :rose:

I knew that was saliva. I have it on good authority that Aidan uses his wife’s tan coloured Pretty Polly stockings for tongue ties on their horses. I think Air Force Blue wore the left one in the 2000 Guineas.

Whether the rumour that Mrs O’Brien’s Marks and Sparks drawers are used for the hoods is true, has yet to be fully confirmed ;-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

They just keep on ‘acomin!!!! Seven Heavens romps home.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

On TV – to me Joni – Physically, Seven Heavens looks most like Frankel.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Haven’t seen it yet Ginge. Still in France. Looking forward to the replay.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Haven’t seen it yet Ginge. Still in France. Looking forward to the replay.

As promised, the video:-

http://www.tdn.premiumtv.co.uk/streaming/watch/RacingUKFlashVOD/partnerId_166/videoFileId_15587411/clipId_2612660/index.html

Enjoy!

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.