The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Why Frankel will rule the world

Home Forums Horse Racing Why Frankel will rule the world

• This topic has 2,110 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 2,111 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Like taking candy off a baby Nath. 4-1!!! What were they thinking? Please please bookies keep underestimating them!!! Yes Tonge – very very awkward this one but won despite all that plus his antics in the paddock.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Two more races for me, slowly, slowly, catchy monkey. 7f listed next followed by maybe the fillies mile or a group 2 / 3 event. No need to go mad yet, just steady progression.

When I said three runs, I meant including her debut, sorry if that came across as another three.

I am not sure she needs to go up to 7F yet. I think she would have won at 5F had that been the trip the other day and she won’t always start as slowly as she did.

The 6F race at Newmarket’s July meeting would seem a good fit, as I feel her inherent ability is probably already at Listed grade. A break before testing the waters in the Moyglare seems a reasonable plan to me.

Going for a Listed race at 7F won’t teach her much I think. I would say by meeting better horses it would give her more of a chance to learn what is required at the top and she is a filly who will hopefully be at Classic level next year.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 126

My RUK has broken and technical support are stumped so I missed Frankuus at Haydock! :cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 819

Hugo Palmer must be feeling a bit embarrassed…..

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

My RUK has broken and technical support are stumped so I missed Frankuus at Haydock! :cry:

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/2016069/2605698/15543782

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Shame he hasn’t stamped his stock….

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3137

Assistant trainer who is Johnston’s son also said he was quite coltish and got a bit warm when being saddled so they delayed bringing him into the paddock but when he did come in the public where already taking pictures of him.

The drift in the betting was probably down to the fact that he reared right up on his hind legs a couple of times just after Fanning was jocked up (fortunately he hadn’t got his feet into the irons at that stage) and that according to RUK pundits drew quite a few gasps from the bystanders as it happened. They also reported that he got a round of applause as he was led away after the race.

He didn’t strike me as an overly flashy type (compared to the other three winners) in his performance but I think he would have learned a hell of a lot from today’s outing and he looks like he would have no problem going 8f already.

The only thing he failed to do correctly was give his jockey a very hard time in trying to get him pulled up after the finishing line but I guess you can’t have everything!!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

Wow this is turning into a great season for Frankel, so exciting.
    Just updated my thread where I am putting a £10 on all Frankel’s runners this season and it is already showing a clear £86.75 profit…God knows what Joni must be pocketing..LOL well he is on the hotline to Him on a daily basis!!

Frankel’s progeny are little monkeys with Frankuus rearing up and trying to offload Joe Fanning, they are just so full of themselves .. and rightly so. :yes:

Remember Cunco rearing up in his saddling box and bashing his head while standing on his handler’s foot at the same time, then he was coltish in the paddock and skipped in at 7/2.
    Frankel was famous for taking a crafty nip at his handlers and Sir Henry as well came in for a few close calls.

Really enjoying this thread Joni..it’s so positive and we still have so many more to see, surely the bookies aren’t going to let any more slip through the net but I hope they do… B-) Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Timform have given her the rating 95P

The Racing Post have only rated Fair Eva 90, which is a bit low in my opinion.

More surprising is that they had Nations Alexander rated 76 coming into the race and are now showing her on a rating of 75.

I would have thought it unusual for a Hannon 2yo not to improve a bit from their first run, far less drop back a little bit. Nations Alexander had beaten Mia Cara by a head when second to Nasimi when making their debuts. The Racing Post rated Nations Alexander 76 and Mia Cara 74.

In Fair Eva’s race Nations Alexander finished seven lengths further in front of Mia Cara than on their previous meeting, yet, amazingly is dropped to 75 and Mia Cara keeps her mark of 74.

Even more puzzling is Kodicat, who came into the race rated 68 for a debut on Newcastle’s all-weather surface. This filly finishes a neck in front of the 74 rated Mia Cara in Fair Eva’s race, but somehow manages to earn a rating of just 54, which is a full stone below her all-weather rating.

How can a horse finish ahead of another horse and yet be rated 20lbs lower?

If anyone can explain to me how these figures make sense it would be greatly appreciated.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

They make zero sense Steve apart from they don’t want to rate Fair Eva in the mid to high 90’s yet though she is almost certainly capable of that already, so they are marking everything else down. Judge mentioned Frankel’s Donny win earlier in the thread and I always thought he put up a 125 performance that day but they couldn’t possibly give a horse that rating in a conditions race. This is why I said it is almost impossible (which WAS an exaggeration – sorry) to get a high rating when racing against newcomers or once-raced horses. As you said that first mark isn’t worth taking any notice of. She’ll be 100+ soon enough.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16959

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/2016069/2605ant698/15543782

First time I’ve seen that race Nathan, thank you. I think he did really well FTO considering his antics before the race, just the slight hint of greeness as he hit the front like he was thinking…Oh hello what do you want me to do now?

When you think that Tom Queally was the only jockey that ever rode Frankel it’s exciting that so many others are getting the feel of what it’s like to ride a horse that just wants to win and gives his/her all. Then take into account the Blue Chip Mares that were selected to produce these flying colts & fillies it has to be a win win situation. Frankuus was one of the cheaper Frankel foals and he won a Cl4 first time out….what a season it’s turning ouy to be. :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What a season indeed Jac. And we have only just began! I really don’t want to pour cold water over people’s excitement about Fair Eva (I’m just as excited) but I make it that there are another 55/56 European-based Frankel fillies still to come out. These include fillies by Dancing Rain, Danedream, Alexander Goldrun, Clepsydra, Finsceal Beo, Midday, Midsummer and Stacelita and trained by the likes of Stoute, Varian, Gosden and Fabre. I just wonder how likely it is that we have already seen the best one. In any other year I would be all over her of course!! Anyway – at 20-1 – what’s the harm I guess!

I would say that Roger Charlton might be advised to win some good races with her before her sisters start spoiling the party………

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

What a season indeed Jac. And we have only just began! I really don’t want to pour cold water over people’s excitement about Fair Eva (I’m just as excited) but I make it that there are another 55/56 European-based Frankel fillies still to come out. These include fillies by Dancing Rain, Danedream, Alexander Goldrun, Clepsydra, Finsceal Beo, Midday, Midsummer and Stacelita and trained by the likes of Stoute, Varian, Gosden and Fabre. I just wonder how likely it is that we have already seen the best one. In any other year I would be all over her of course!! Anyway – at 20-1 – what’s the harm I guess!

I would say that Roger Charlton might be advised to win some good races with her before her sisters start spoiling the party………

With all sires there will be disappointments along the way, some won’t make it to the racecourse and others just won’t be that great.

Galileo is right up there and Minding did the business this year for him in a 1000 Guineas/Oaks double. If we did the stats on all Ballydoyle’s Galileo 3yos this season though, it would probably make grim reading overall.

Just yesterday we saw a 1.25 Million Galileo colt make his debut and Douglas Macarthur was last of six runners as 2/5 Fav. He is a January foal and you would think he shouldn’t be that backward. Ironically his full sister Al Namaah cost 5 million and other that a promising debut, she has been pretty useless.

It just shows that even the top sires have their share of chaff.

Fair Eva simply strikes me as a filly blessed with natural athleticism and she looks like there is a lot more to come. Some will baulk at taking 20/1 for next year but then those same people might have been the ones wading into maiden winner Ulysses at 8/1 for the Derby, while others thought they needed to be seeing a psychiatrist if fancying a horse with such modest credentials. A bit like the character Snake from The Simpsons, these people will now be saying, “I really need to see my shrink………..and rob his ass!”

We may see Aidan O’Brien’s Cuff at Ascot next week and she is probably the leading filly thus far. There will be others appearing at the good UK and Irish meetings these next few weeks but for now I believe Fair Eva sets down a good marker as a filly likely to line up in Group 1 races in time.

She’s the top Young Frankelstein for me by a “Fair” margin is our Eva ;-)

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Frankel is certainly proving me wrong. Thanks for not dredging up my pre-season comments on this thread.

Harbour Watch indeed! :wacko:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Frankel is certainly proving me wrong. Thanks for not dredging up my pre-season comments on this thread.

Harbour Watch indeed! :wacko:

To be fair even I didn’t think he would up at 80%!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Do we know what the great horse has planned for Royal Ascot? I know he has Cunco in the Chesham but not sure about anything else.

Think if he has a few runners there he will almost certainly get a winner. I recall New approach had a couple of winners at the royal meeting in his first season as a sire and Frankel is a level above that horse.

A word of caution though- I recall when New approach had those winners he was touted as a potential super sire and although still solid enough it hasn’t really happened for him.

Frankel’s stock though look a formidable team already and although initially unsure about some of the bullish statements on this thread I am not a believer!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

should have read “Now a believer” :wacko:

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 2,111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.