The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you watching?

Home Forums Lounge What are you watching?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    reetpetite
    • Total Posts 54

I am enjoying "The Tudors" at present. Sod the hystorical accuracy. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is extremely fanciable :D .

Also loved "Meet the Natives". I loved the bit where they were visiting "a traditional English tailors. It is called Asda" :lol: . It warms my heart to see that there are still people who are pure in heart and spirit.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

“I met my local vicar today. He told me never to eat probiotic yoghurt. Well, his actual words were, ‘don’t dabble in the Yakkult'”.

etc.

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

…very good :lol: …thanks for the information about some of those involved. As they are all fresh faces to me, not being familiar with their previous work, I’m enjoying it at the moment. It helps that Mr Mack has a way about him that might appeal to some of us in other ways, notwithstanding his pot belly :lol:

reetpetite,
    I’ve missed all of ‘The Tudors’ apart from the beginning. It all looked as though Hollywood had got involved in it somewhere and it put me off. Is it on again this week? maybe I’ll try and catch up. Which wife is he on?

I see tonight on C4 very late is ‘Stereophonics – Word Got Around’. I’ll have to tape this as Kelly Jones’s croaky voice sends me ecstatic. I don’t suppose they will but I hope they do “First Time Ever I Saw Your Face”, the old Roberta Flack number, as this is my favourite of theirs. :)

p.s. any other ladies on here who are Richard Armitage fans?? that’s RA from the BBC’s ‘North and South’ series that was on a few years ago. I watch the DVD frequently for obvious
    reasons :lol: I don’t like his Robin Hood role :x

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

The Princess Bride ~ one of the grates; in fact I’d go so far as to say it’s a mantlepiece.

reetpetite
    • Total Posts 54

reetpetite,
    I’ve missed all of ‘The Tudors’ apart from the beginning. It all looked as though Hollywood had got involved in it somewhere and it put me off. Is it on again this week? maybe I’ll try and catch up. Which wife is he on?

Yes, it’s on for 10 weeks I think. He’s still with Catherine of Aragon but currently moving in on Mary Boleyn. Ann is lurking in the background, ready to take over. Bessie Blount has had his baby and there have been other dalliances :shock: .

Just a point of interest, or not, I read somewhere that James Blunt is directly descended from Bessie Blount. His real surname is Blount.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Just a point of interest, or not, I read somewhere that James Blunt is directly descended from Bessie Blount. His real surname is Blount.

Presumably she must have copulated with the Devil himself.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

watched the Tudors last night. I’m getting into it a little more.
    One thing that puzzles me is that all the young men are quite attractive, despite looking as though they’ve just emerged from the barbers having had a no.1, but the young women…well…not so would you say? obviously aimed at the female audience this.

I like all the scheming going on behind the scenes. Skullduggery. Must suit a racing audience I would think. :D

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Tonight I watched ‘Armstrong and Miller’. I’ve not seen them before but this was comedy at it’s best. Oh that Gordon Ramsay gag…lol!!!!!! and the airmen :lol:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7856

do films count?? have just got back from seeing Stardust, Matthew Vaughn’s homage to The Princess Bride and it was wonderful……

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

do films count?? have just got back from seeing Stardust, Matthew Vaughn’s homage to The Princess Bride and it was wonderful……

Anything counts Moe :D I just watched The Invasion – oh boy was that just the worst movie of all time :shock: I knew before Nicole Kidman couldn’t act her way out of a brown paper bag but now she’s gorn and proved it all again! :lol:

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

What do you think of the revamped channel ‘Dave’? It’s absolutely my cup of tea, we watch little else in my house at the mo, apart from a daily dose of "Scrubs".
    I can take any amount of "Who’s Line is it Anyway", "Top Gear", and the piece de resistance…..QI. Everything stops for QI.
    I can’t take X Factor or any of that sort of crap, or soaps, or much else for that matter. I’m very fussy me :-)

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

We have similar programmes here, only in Mandarin :shock: Actually come to think of it they make just as much sense :lol:

All I can say is thank goodness for DVD’s – my library has tripled since I got here :D

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Mrs Column is already well drilled in flipping the channel over (or, if she’s settled, banishing me to the shed) whenever the hated Top Gear comes on. Apart from which, yes, the Dave channel is getting a lot of exposure in Grayson Towers as well.

Great to see the mid-90s UK episodes of Whose Line… on there at present, all ones that I missed through studying commitments or living abroad first time around.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7856

re Nicole Kidman – I know what you mean KT, but I don’t think she’s a bad actress [thought ‘The Hours’ was superb], maybe she just needs a prosthetic nose all the time because whatever she plays she just seems to be Nicole Kidman playing somebody else [what I’ve just said means that she’s a bad actress doesn’t it!]. I hope she doesn’t ruin the Northern Lights film that I’m so looking forward to…..and,as for Stardust, it even had a unicorn in it..my definition of a good film is one that takes you to another place and leaves you there for a few days afterwards – Atonement did that but left me feeling sad and empty, today I feel like a 10 year old and the world is full of magical things….even unicorns….mo

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

That’s it! She’s Nicole Kidman in everything.
    I too am worried about Northern Lights. The books are soooooooo good that they will have to do a super job on the film.
    Having said that at least the phaowwwwwwww factor Daniel Craig is in them :lol:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7856

ever since I read Northern Lights I have tried to work out what everyones daemon would be…I guess an avator{?] is a daemon in cybeberspace…

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 247 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.