The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

WETHERBY

Home Forums Horse Racing WETHERBY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Wetherby stage 10 races on Saturday Starting at 1pm up until 8pm at night.

As much as I love racing it can be a fairly tiring day especially for those betting in every race.

The races don’t look as if they will be of a very high standard and we could end up seeing more than a few shock results. So unless your luck is right in your chances of going home with a pocketful of cash are quite remote.

Does anyone think this is the way ahead or like me think they should stick to the normal 6 or 7 races per meeting.

Is this some sort of effort to compete with Doncaster where some real nice horses are entered? They will surely still draw a fairly low number of racegoers in comparison if it is.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Hmmmm – indeed!!!!!

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

Have Wetherby installed floodlights then Fist – or are the last few races going to be illuminated by the lights on the A1?

AP

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Yes, seems a bit rotten to make the ‘replacement hurdlers’ blunder around in the dark………

Rob

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

It’s a 7 race card. The Racing Post are showing 3 extra races as being the

7:01
    7:31
    8:01

These races are reserve races and arent being run at the stated times. They are on standby to replace the 2:20, 3:25 and 4:00.

I am assuming there is some possible problem with the chase course as these are all hurdles races ready to replace all of the cards chases.

No idea what the problem is or why the bizarre times are stated. Never seen anything like it

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3214

Those odd times are the ones shown on the BHA website so I guess the Post have just picked them up along with the lists of entries.

There are all sorts of odd bugs in the software on that site, mostly I suspect due to the fact that the coding appears to have been outsourced to programmers that aren’t exactly up to speed with UK racing.

Two races at the same meeting with the same off time would certainly not be something you’d include in any software test!

AP

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

Have Wetherby installed floodlights then Fist – or are the last few races going to be illuminated by the lights on the A1?

:lol: Very good

Actually, despite the errant race times, the BHA and Wetherby are to be congratulated on arranging the provisional hurdle races…

…though if the forecast is accurate Wetherby will be resembling St Moritz come the weekend

ARCHIE 1
    • Total Posts 40

FORCAST NOT SO BAD FOR US AT MO SO HEAR’S HOPEING :?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

…though if the forecast is accurate Wetherby will be resembling St Moritz come the weekend

So the racing will resemble something like this then

http://www.whitetracks.co.uk/Events_Hor … nships.htm

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

AP

Knowing what the organizers are like they probably wired the floodlights into the nearest lamp post to save money :lol:

What the hell do they want with reserve races surely if one track in under frost or flooded the other would be the same……suppose it could happen that one was ok…..so people who are half way there should be able to hear on their car radios Wethrerby has been called off but it’s on.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

It’s a 7 race card. The Racing Post are showing 3 extra races as being the

7:01
    7:31
    8:01

These races are reserve races and arent being run at the stated times. They are on standby to replace the 2:20, 3:25 and 4:00.

I am assuming there is some possible problem with the chase course as these are all hurdles races ready to replace all of the cards chases.

No idea what the problem is or why the bizarre times are stated. Never seen anything like it

Excactly the same on the Sporting Life website someone messed up

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Presumably it’s because there’s more flexibility for moving hurdles to avoid bad ground than fences. Similar thing had happened at a few courses before.

Rob

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

What the hell do they want with reserve races surely if one track in under frost or flooded the other would be the same……suppose it could happen that one was ok…..so people who are half way there should be able to hear on their car radios Wethrerby has been called off but it’s on.

Not necessarily Fist – I think Leicester have had their hurdles track as soft and their chase course as good to firm in recent meetings (at the same time) – bizarre I know :shock:

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

MM

The situation at Leicester is a little different since they run hurdles on the flat course, which is watered in the summer and hence has more moisture. The chase track is not watered during teh summer, hence gives better ground in the winter and this is the reason the course programmes a couple of chase only days toward the end of the jumps season.

Rob

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

MM

The situation at Leicester is a little different since they run hurdles on the flat course, which is watered in the summer and hence has more moisture. The chase track is not watered during teh summer, hence gives better ground in the winter and this is th reason the course programmes a couple of chase only days toward the end of the jumps season.

Rob

Cheers for that Rob. It’s still a bit bizarre when you see one strip of ground as soft, and one strip of ground 30 yards adjacent to it described as frim – but now I know why. Cheers,

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.