The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Weighing In

Home Forums Horse Racing Weighing In

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I’m not sure if it’s called the same over there but after a race when a jockey has won – if for someone reason he can’t weigh in (like he keels over after the race) does the win still stand?

I only ask because I’m watching Fallen Angel (Dalziel and Pascoe) and this horse won clearly but then the jockey died (murdered of course) and Dalziel couldn’t collect his winnings because he wasn’t the winner.

Is that really what would happen in those circumstances?

PS: Should this be in the lounge room?

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

Below is the official rule;

"If a rider does not present himself to be weighed in, his horse shall, on an objection under rule 170 (iv), be disqualified unless the Stewards are satisfied that he was justified in not doing so, by reason of illness, accident or extraordinary circumstances, that he weighed out at not less than his correct weight and the proper weight was carried throughout the race".

So that tells me that if someone is shot after a race then the result will stand lol, on the grounds of it being an exraordinary circumstance that he couldn’t weigh in. However the result would only stand if he correctly weighed out and the stewards were satisfied that he carried the correct weight throughout the race – though if he knew he was going to be shot at the end of the race he might have been a bit heavier with some extra weight in his underwear lol.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Thanks Mike – in that case they didn’t do their research properly!
    He wasn’t shot he died of warfarin poisoning :shock:
    (and he was from a horrible stable – I’d hate to work there! :? )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.