The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wednesday 15th – Cheltenham

Home Forums Lounge Wednesday 15th – Cheltenham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    zome
    • Total Posts 232

HI!  I feel it’s time for return of the Zome.

Me and Zoz are going to Cheltenham on Wednesday.  We wondered if anyone else is, and who might care to join us for shifty looks and beverages.  

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Wish I could but unfortunately lectures get in the way but could you cheer on Freds Benefit for me please Zome?

Thanks<br>Martin

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Unlikely to get to any days of Chelters, and would sooner attend one of the quieter meetings (e.g. the hunters’ chase evening) there in any case, but the odds on me appearing at Fakenham next Friday look pretty good at present.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Might go to Fakenham on Friday, unless of course Zome’s place and beer lures me into staying longer…

Should be a great week either way!

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Yeah mate.  You’re staying by the way.  Spind wants you to stay for his birthday, as long as you get him a present.  <br>Stay for the whole of the festival mate.  <br>

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1913

No Chelters for me,much prefer Paddy Power or Pillar Day anyway.<br>Weather permitting will be at either Warwick tomorrow or Stratford Monday.

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Would love to go but have no money/transport to get there from Exeter, so will be watching it from the comfort of the living room. :biggrin:

One day I will be there though…!

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

If Asian Maze wins on Tuesday, I’ll be chartering a helicopter for the rest of the meeting ~ otherwise I’ll be at home enjoying it on the telly. Might just manage Fakenham, but doubt Zoz will be up to driving after Wednesday night’s celebrations chez Zome, so who knows?

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

I’m going for gold cup day.

Would anyone like to meet me?

Zoz
    • Total Posts 703

Apparently whenever Rory decides to venture to Fakenham I’m automatically meant to drive him there :shrug:

I mean it’s on the way and everything but still, a girl likes to be appreciated! :laugh:

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from lollys mate on 6:50 pm on Mar. 12, 2006[br] I’m going for gold cup day.

Would anyone like to meet me?<br>

<br>Who could resist, eh?

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from Zoz on 8:41 pm on Mar. 12, 2006[br]Apparently whenever Rory decides to venture to Fakenham I’m automatically meant to drive him there :shrug:

Awfully rude of me I admit. I believe Zoz extends her taxi service to all forumites and their acquaintances, and not just me. Heaven forbid.

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

I’m going on Tuesday but those visiting on Wednesday will still be able to hear my anguished wailing echoing around the course should Timmy Murphy arse up his ride on Al Eile and get done by a neck (something which in my usual pessimistic manner I’m fully expecting him to do :nailbiting:)

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8968

If Al Eile gets done by a neck HJ, it’ll be for third!

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

Going for all 4 days again! Seats up in the Grandstand for a fantastic view of the amphitheatre.

Staying in a house in Bishops Cleeve so about 25 mins walk into the course each day. After racing, meal, beers and form study with my 2 friends in one of the pubs in Bishops Cleeve.

Travelling down by car later today, with a night out in the town planned for tonight, culminating with beers at the Queens Hotel. Have stocked up on the Berocca, as I think the energy levels will need some artificial stimulation during the week ahead!

Good luck with your wagers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.