The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

WED 11/01/06

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Todays not like yesterday in that you could think wow theirs a couple of big betting/laying opportunities,all the same the Newbury card is very interesting so a short briefing of how i see things!!

12.45 VICTORIAS GROOM for me,wont see any of the 16/1 chalked up in the RP,however,the 8,4 currently being offered at Betfair is fair enough,recent 2nd was solid enough following on from promising debut,lightly raced in Germany you would expect to see more improvement,flat galloping course like Newbury should be right up his street and despite some of the big stables being represented its hardly with their big guns,PRIZE FIGHTER did the job well enough at Fakenham but even by running him there conections where suggesting he`s short on stamina,the penalty,better race and stiffer course could find him out,ROYAL DARLING was half useful in Germany and he went on to run ok in France,however,forms nothing to write home about.

1.20 CELTIC SON offers a bit of value to turn JUSTIFIED,whilst its a big call and distance is not sure to suit i reckon this flatter track will suit him better,Cheltenham was not his thing so the 5.2 could look decent has the race progresses

1.50 KILLENHAULE at 10,0 looks real value,Brendan Powell is in excellent form,this horses run behind BENGO and IL DUCE looks sound in the context of this race,should be able to rate that form circa 115 with improvement to come,couldn`t rate WOGANS form better than 108 and he looks very beatable,CHAMPIONS DAY is a dark horse but i wouldn`t read too much into his GP 3 placed in Germany,it was a weak race by any standards,NAPOLEAN could progress again and run a place and i see him has best alternative!!

2.25 JAOKA DU GORD:- Stuffy horse,takes plenty of getting ready so likely to improve for recent runs under belt,nicely treated and will enjoy these fences and real good ground……at odds of 15.0 he`s the call!!

3.00 RUBBERDUBBER (nap) 4,6,Charlie Egerton is the trainer you can rely on to have them ready,this is a real chasing type and it will be disappointing if he cant run this mark on chase debut.

3.30 CAPTAIN CORELLI:- Very progressive and picking up off his old hurdles hcap mark……….no reason to oppose.

4.05 PRESSGANG 7,6 Son of Unfuwain is highly regarded,if stable was in proven form this would be a major bet for me,however, has it stands we better tread cautiously and keep things in persective .

Good luck

ps…..Take into consideration,nothing stands out like yesterday,could be more of a grind but hopefully we will get in front!!

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

A couple of nice winners at the end of the card there,a shame more ppl don’t look in this section as there are some good tipsters around.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.