The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Warwick weather update

Home Forums Archive Topics Warwick weather update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

If you’re thinking of going to Warwick today don’t forget to wear a hat. Fortunately, if you do forget, there’s somehere to buy one. If only all courses were this considerate.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Mounty

It is, as ever, a beautiful (if rather windy) day here in the cultural capital of the Midlands.

I boycott Sunday meetings due to idleness and stayed-up-all-night-with-a-flagon-of-coffeee-watching-the-Ashes syndrome.

However, I will pop down for the last to buy some IJF Christmas cards (I do a lot of work for charideee…) and check on the positioning of the twats with hats.

Amusingly at the last windy meeting, one of their stalls blew over.  Imagine my disgust when people didn’t immediately leg it with their stock.:angry:

Are you there today or have you now retired?

Mike

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Semi-retired but I prefer to spend my Sundays studying Banded form for Monday Wolverhampton (surely the true cultural capital of the Midlands?) cards.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Quite excited….just found a runner with a ‘5’ next to his name.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Quote: from Mounty on 1:36 pm on Dec. 3, 2006[br]Quite excited….just found a runner with a ‘5’ next to his name.

pmsl

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

False alarm…it was an ‘S’ (slipped up)

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Power to TRF!  No hatseller blocking the view this afternoon.  Maybe they’ve got the message.  Or maybe they don’t work on Sundays.

The IJF’s Christmas cards are seven quid a pack which has to be worth it, but the design is awful – schmaltzy dull portrait of Best Mate, Arkle and Golden Miller (with jockey up).

Why not Santa doing his proverbials on some Banded racing at a twilight meeting?

Some people have no taste.

Mike

DroneDrone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5109

Quote: from betlarge on 7:41 pm on Dec. 3, 2006[br]

The IJF’s Christmas cards are seven quid a pack which has to be worth it, but the design is awful – schmaltzy dull portrait of Best Mate, Arkle and Golden Miller (with jockey up).

Mike

Aye, they are a bit tacky. Fortunately – having no friends, or relations left I still talk to – I’ve still got plenty of last year’s ‘Snow before Breakfast’ design which is in the best possible taste.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Quote: from Mounty on 4:35 pm on Dec. 3, 2006[br]False alarm…it was an ‘S’ (slipped up)<br>

<br>LMAO!<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Maybe they should start selling hats and masks Lingfield Jock Mc  might have been able to stay there longer yesterday.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.