The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Wanted – Horse Racing Books

Home Forums Horse Racing Wanted – Horse Racing Books

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Lamby150
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

Hello Everyone

A tentative post as a newby.

I have tried nearly all known (to myself) booksellers and book searchers but am unable to locate the below titles. It’s a long shot I would presume, but does anyone on here have any of the titles below they may consider selling.

I am a bit of a hoarder and would like to add to my ever increasing collection albeit that these particular titles are I am lead to believe out of print and of particular value both for content and price (stated to appease the doubters).

Author Marvex
    Title A regular income from horse racing
    Author Paul Major
    Title Horse Sense
    Author Steve Ahearn
    Title Secrets of Successful Betting

Many Thanks and Kind Regards

Lamby150

Have fun
    • Total Posts 128

The Horse sense by Paul Major you will find hard to get, the last time I saw one of those was off Paul major himself and he wanted over 100 pounds for it, they seem to be very rare and expensive although a very good read by all accounts

Lamby150
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

Hello Have Fun

May I ask if you have a contact.

Best Wishes

Lamby150

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Lamby have you a thing about Nina?

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Isn’t Horse Sense the UK adaptation of Lawrence Voegele’s Professional Method of Winner Selection?
    Maybe if Paul Major’s is too hard to get Voegele’s might do? :D
    There’s plenty of those out there.

Lamby150
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

Dear Kingston

Many thanks for your input. I have located and purchased said item and look forward to delivery.

Bluechariot

Not in the sense you maybe thinking or implying.

The family I admire and are decent folk. Before anyone goes on about lighters, I might add that I know of no one who is or near to perfect except the chap (who was as close as you can get) who was nailed to a cross.

She is a ruddy good jockey and has time for people and also a hoot.

Best Wishes

Lamby150

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

You’re very welcome, enjoy your stay here :D

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

Lamby I am a fan too.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

I might add that I know of no one who is or near to perfect except the chap (who was as close as you can get) who was nailed to a cross.

In so far as most of us on here have never committed any public order offences, demanded tables for 13 without prior booking, or cultivated really nasty facial hair and mullets, I’d humbly suggest most TRFfers are probably even closer to perfect than the above. :wink:

Nina is considerably better than not bad, though. Agreed.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Have fun
    • Total Posts 128

Did a google search and got this can’t remember if this was the address I went to last year or not will keep on looking in case I find it

Google Directory – Games > Gambling > Sports > Racing > Horse …Paul Major – http://www.paulmajor.co.uk/ Racing information from the author of "Horse Sense." Place Horse – http://placehorse.com/
    http://www.google.com/alpha/Top/Games/Gambling/

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

re Nina – met her at MacDonalds in Naas the other year [spent ages saying to my partner y’know, that girl at the next table looks just like Nina Carberry] and when I eventually plucked up the courage to speak to her she was really sweet and shy – I think she’s a breath of fresh air. Remember years ago Paul Carberry saying that she was going to be the best of the lot. Just imagine if she won the Grand National! mo [who grew up dreaming of being the first girl to win the National, only to find that if I got on one side of a horse I fell straight off the other side, just like the Knight in Alice in Wonderland…..

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Just imagine if she won the Grand National! mo [who grew up dreaming of being the first girl to win the National, only to find that if I got on one side of a horse I fell straight off the other side, just like the Knight in Alice in Wonderland…..

:lol: – that might be a problem over the jumps – or the flat come to think of it :D

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

lamby, or anybody else
    do you know if there’s any biography’s about j p mcmanus,

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Strawbear, I’m not aware of one, but Raymond Smith’s "High Rollers of the Turf" has a chapter (27 pages) devoted to the man alongside many others.

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

thanks maxilon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.