The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Victor Chandler Chase 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Victor Chandler Chase 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9284

I don’t think there is much between Finian’s Rainbow and Al Ferof, although Finian’s has the habit of throwing in the odd mistake, normally towards the end of a race, when the pressure is up. He has still managed to win four out his last five, but Al Ferof, having won his last five on the bounce, and still being 7 years , has perhaps more to offer. At 11/4 I think he might be the one to be on.

I also cannot resist having an e/w on Forpadydeplasterer at 14-1 with Hills. It is not hard to make a solid claim for him, he has run 21 times in all, mostly in top class races, and only twice has he been out of the frame (4th at the Festival in 2008, and PU in last years King George). He ran well recently at Leopardstown (27th Dec) where he was alongside Big Zeb going to the last, but pecked on landing and beaten 6 lengths. Race description…. “Led, ridden entering straight, narrowly headed and pecked last, no extra run-in”

As I said, last years King George aside, you have to go back to March 2008 for him being out of the first three. If the top two have an off day, he is so reliable that he could be the one, and if they don’t, I think he is still nailed on for a place.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

al ferof.

if al ferof can’t win this he has very little chance of beating sprinter sacre in the arkle, but I believe he will.

finians rainbow as you point out has the tendency to hit the odd fence, and as they finished in a heap last time I can’t see the form being up to much.

somersby is a bit of a twicer and should be avoided at all costs, as my wallet can testify.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Call me crazy but I think Forpadydeplasterer is a cracking bet at a general 12/1 here. Fast run races suit him best but his last two runs have shown him to be back to his best, when conditions were not ideal. I’ve put him up as my tip in the TRF vs Pricewise thread @ 50/1 and I’m hoping he’ll run well here. He hasn’t actually won a race since the Arkle but he’s finished ahead of some very good horses, and his only unplaced effort over fences is the King George where he was injured.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Well he’s not exactly going to win, is he? He never does. Horses like that don’t have a string of 2s next to their names for nothing.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Another ‘2’ next to his name will do me just fine.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Oh absolutely, just think there’s a chance you’d be better off backing place only on Saturday.

I presume you got 1/4 the odds? You’re only getting 6/4 for a place then.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Forpadydeplasterer is becoming a bit of a number filler and professional loser. Thomas Cooper seems quietly confident based on his runs behind Big Zeb but he’s got a terrible strike rate in Ireland and in 5 years he’s had 1 winner in the UK. I doubt if this will be number 2.

I doubt if Big Zeb would have been as tuned up as Finian’s Rainbow and Al Ferof will be for this and just can’t see him being in the shake up.

If I was having a place only bet that could represent some value I’d go for Somersby. I was amazed how well he was travelling before his stamina gave out in the King George he was at one stage hacking all over the top of them. If he goes here in the same form he could give the front 2 something to think about and is the most likely to cause an upset.

After that dismal display at Sandown I find it hard to trust Al Ferof. The fact is despite last seasons Cheltenham success over hurdles he’s still to prove he’s capable of winning an Arkle whereas Finian’s Rainbow almost did. The form looks rock solid as there can be little doubt Captain Chris is a well above average chaser..

It will be an interesting clash but logically, with the novice Al Ferof getting no sort of allowance, Finian’s Rainbow has to be the choice

Finian’s Rainbow

who was 11/4 with VC is now 7/4, looks a worthy favourite and something to bet on.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

After that dismal display at Sandown I find it hard to trust Al Ferof.

You’ve changed your tune.

He’s got the beating of Al Ferof if you believe the Sandown form but that’s really shooting at the moon. Al Ferof was bored sh!tless at Sandown IMO and the collateral form is worth next to nothing.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … &start=143

For Non Stop’s chance and price is based on running Al Ferof close at Sandown. I could be wrong but I’d take that form with a pinch of salt. Al Ferof is a funny horse has a chink in his armour and I think he could just have a I can’t be bothered today streak in him him. If you ran the race again tomorrow and he was in a different mood he’d probably win by a fence in that company.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … op#p418872

I take great pleasure in destroying your already non-existent credibility on this forum.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Is that right? Bully for you would everyone please give him a round of applause. :roll:

But Wait! In the first post I am talking about not trusting the form of For Non Stop and Al Ferof put up a poor performance in the second post I’m saying Al Ferof is a funny horse with a chink in his armour

Now I have said I don’t trust him which has obviously always been the case so how the hell have you destroyed my credibility? :shock:

All the same it’s nice of you to say I have some you can try to destroy.

I’d be more worried about your own than mines, making stupid childish posts like that.

Do you expect people to admire you and send you lollypops or something?

Not going to happen mate chill out and stop your silly bickering.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Everybody can see clear as day what you wrote. Can’t worm your way out of this one.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

"Zarkava" wrote: Oh absolutely, just think there’s a chance you’d be better off backing place only on Saturday.

I presume you got 1/4 the odds? You’re only getting 6/4 for a place then.

Haven’t invested yet Zarkava, not sure whether to chance waiting until the weekend to back place only, as there must be a chance of less than 8 runners :? If there are still 8 in at the weekend I will back place only.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Hurdygurdyman said: "I doubt if Big Zeb would have been as tuned up as Finian’s Rainbow and Al Ferof will be for this and just can’t see him being in the shake up.

I very much doubt those two are as good as Big Zeb at this stage in their careers

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

As do I…. but I would imagine come Cheltenham Big Zeb would finish a fence in front of them so the form may look ok on paper but in truth it is most likley very misleading.

If it’s not then you’ll have won a watch at his current odds.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

It’s dangerous to take collateral form literally with Forpady anyway,as he always seems to find something to finish behind, but he’s very hard to see out of the three.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1555

Everybody can see clear as day what you wrote. Can’t worm your way out of this one.

F>U>C>K>I>N Lowlife

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

That’s the second time you’ve sworn at me. I believe the first time you told me to ‘FOAD.’ A bit strong, don’t you think? I only do what I do because you’re a contradicting, egotistical, bullying, change-the-goalposts-and-disregard-my-old-posts, pathetic old man. There’s not one thing I’ve said about you that’s untrue and I’ve used quotations from yourself to back everything up.

If you don’t like me doing that, I suggest you find yourself another forum where you can bully people around and alienate them, or grow up, change your ways and actually contribute to debates like an adult. Alternatively you could just turn a blind eye to what I’m doing and not reply to anything I say that’s not racing related and just allow me to continue destroying your credibility while other members watch.

You were banned once before. Why was that exactly?

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2033

1. Finians Rainbow
    2. Somersby

Think Finians Rainbow is an UNBELIEVABLE price. Will be my best bet come Saturday.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.