The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Upping The Ante

Home Forums Horse Racing Upping The Ante

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 546

I’m sure many of you have heard of the show ‘ upping the ante’ created by Racing Post. Has been going a few seasons as far as I am aware.

I don’t know about you guys but I think it’s just a superb show, it’s on YouTube every week from October to the Cheltenham festival.

I just think the show is a terrific watch and the format of it all is superb and the hosts are great. David Jennings and Gavin Lynch.

Of course I don’t agree with all of their selections but they do a great analysis and it’s just a a brilliant watch.

I know Racing TV do a similar one called road to Cheltenham and I believe attheraces have recently started one now as they seem popular.

Anyone who hasn’t seen them then I fully recommend them especially if you have Cheltenham fever like me !! It’s on racing post YouTube channel

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1361

The ATR version, Off The Fence, is held back by the presenter, Vanessa Ryle. She is terrible.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17025

Yeah, enjoy it, it’s a good watch.

Could do without the “questions from the crowd” bit, which very often goes off topic, but that would be a very minor gripe.

It’ll no doubt disappear up it’s own backside as it grows in popularity, but for the time being, it’s very good.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2570

Yes its very well done

Road to Cheltenham is good too, listening to Ruby’s breakdown of the weeks best races can never be a bad thing

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2563

I like watching it sometimes. Gavin comes across with a bit more reasoning behind his tips and they are more predictable, whereas Dave is more chancey with his selections and unlikely to make much gain, but its a good mix of opinions for the viewers to watch even if you don’t agree with them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.