The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

International Hurdle 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion International Hurdle 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17756

Pentland Hills not surprisingly heads the market here…

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/11/cheltenham/2019-12-14/744596

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/international-hurdle/winner

Ch’tibello is a horse I’ve followed over the years, before managing to miss him in The County, and I think he has a decent chance here, but I’ll let him win without a bet on again, as he’s too short for me.

At first glance I thought Elixir Du Nutz was a huge price, but with Gumball in there in the same ownership, it might just be a sign that Elixir will head to Ascot instead.

Gumball would be the one for me at the moment at 10’s EW, while at the same price, I think Ballyandy could easily outrun his odds.

No bet right now, but I’m definitely considering this pair.

Ballyandy
    Gumball

Both 10’s

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Think i read it’s likely Elixir goes to Ascot. I’m not sure his form is actually all that good, and given the layoff, i would have him only a point or so shorter if likely to run here tbh.

Ch’ti will be giving a pound to the favourite, which makes them quite difficult to separate for me. Ch’ti has the form.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17756

I hadn’t read that Jack, but that 8’s, certainly looked too big for me. I’ve bet him for Ascot now, but I’m always wary of taking these things as gospel.

Wouldn’t be a massive betting race for me, but I’ll take the 10’s on the other pair for interest just now, and hope that they go.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2170

Call me lord 6/1 for me

Has race fitness, gets weight and is officially rated the highest horse in the race

Well worth a bet at the prices imo

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 436

Ch’tibello at 4/1 for me here. Can’t have Pentland Hills at those prices. It would be nice to see him come out as a Champion Hurdle contender, but I’m not sure yet. Ch’tibello showed his form last spring here by winning the County Hurdle and also a very solid 3rd place in the Aintree Hurdle. Two years ago he finished a 3 lengts fourth here, but I think that was a better field and Ch’tibello himself probably improved in the last two years.

Ch’tibello 4/1

raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4914

PENTLAND HILLS at 2/1 fo me!! I know I don’t bet many shorties but this will be fav for the Champion Hurdle after this :good: :good:

Euroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

A fascinating race……. it’s Elixir or Call Me Lord for me. I’d take Call Me Lord because he’s had a run but I think it will be close.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2207

Call Me Lord is a right handed track horse. Would be 11-1 not 11-4 in my book. Dunno why he’s running here they must be short of options for him.

Nick Henderson own words December 2018. “Call Me Lord has to go right handed, so that limits him”.
    Nicky Henderson own words April 2018. “He does have to go right handed”.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

I was just going to mention the right handed factor for CALL ME LORD. Id have PENTLAND HILLS for this race because of that reason.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2170

Call me lord actually jumped slightly to the left last time on occasions and won left handed in france

Hes never actually run on a left handed track in britain

Think I’d probably not have a bet in the race if I hadnt already

The massive drift on Portland hills would make me think he needs the run

And call me lord no longer any value

But I’m happy with my 6-1 call me lord

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 251

I was a little surprised to see 10-1 for Elixir Du Nutz so he will do for me. That’s a nice ew price.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2207

I’m on Pentland Hills coverbet 3 places. With Call Me Lord a right handed horse, Elixir who is returning from injury and likely to need it, and Chitibello not Champion Hurdle class it’s fair to think that PH will be competitive in this.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2207

Well there goes the trainer theory then. Wd winners. Pentland not that good today.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17756

Well done Alien and FF91

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2170

Thanks vtc

Can only assume mike they saw him jumping straight/slightly left last time and thought theyd try him left handed

Since he was backed from 6/1 to 2/1 they must’ve been confident he would handle it

And since he was going to be getting weight and had race fitness he was always going to be hard to beat

I wouldn’t give up on pentland hills though, he tanked though the race but nico just couldnt get him to settle

If they can get him to settle he will win plenty of races this season as he was last off the bridle today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.