The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

U.S Presidential Election

Home Forums Lounge U.S Presidential Election

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8916

Is there any way back for Biden after what sounds like a disaster? I did not see it but it must have been terrible if even “The Guardian” and the “New York Times” cannot find anything good to say and prominent Democrats are speculating about Biden standing aside.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2335

Should he have been President in the first place he seems AI with a faulty speech processor.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

I usually find his speeches incredibly good; and I don’t think he uses autocue. Just remember he suffers from a stutter too. But last night was car crash even though Biden told the truth and Trump either didn’t answer the questions or lied ( eg he lied about offering Nancy Pelosi protection). As someone pointed out Trump lied convincingly and Biden told the truth unconvincingly. America needs an alternative to both of them but, sadly more importantly Biden. Why can’t someone like Blinken stand for the Democrats?

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2873

I had even less interest in watching this than I did the ‘debates’ here but it sounded like it was absolutely awful.

Staggering that a country of a third of a billion people still can’t produce anything better than these two. Our choice is bad enough but the USA is on another level.

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Blinken – US President!

You cannot be serious! Too mild-mannered even to be Secretary of State :negative:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

There are alternatives.
    As I understand it, Biden can be replaced but it has to be done by the end of the Democrat Convention which I believe is in August… And the only person who can make Biden stand down is Biden himself. Although imo Mrs Biden may well be the person convincing Joe that times up. Trouble is polls say not many of the other possible candidates stand any chance of beating Trump either. Certainly not Harris. The only one who could do it apparently does not want the job…

Come on Mrs Obama! :heart:

She has to step in.
    For the good of the USA.
    For the good of the World. :rose:

Value Is Everything
    Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5970

It staggers me how the American public can’t see through Trump , he says he can stop the Ukraine war in 24 hours for instance , it’s terrifying that he’s going to be back as President

Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Agree HDLG, it is profoundly depressing

Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

Mrs. Obama would be one election too early. She shouldn’t be a last minute sub, but rather come along steadily into the picture in the next 3-4 years. I wouldn’t mind her as the next US President, but are Americans really ready for a woman? They seem to love older men….

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9299

Mention of Hillary Clinton in today’s Times. Oh how I’d love her to get revenge on Trump!

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5970

Clinton ….things aren’t that bad

Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

Clinton….. wasn’t her husband a regular on that private plane to that certain island?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8916

If she stands, Trump might as well be 1.01 to win on Betfair.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

“he says he can stop the Ukraine war in 24 hours for instance , it’s terrifying that he’s going to be back as President”

Although the war won’t end in 24 hours it will be the beginning of the end. I believe this is what Trump means when he says this. All US money for Ukraine’s war effort will be stopped on Day 1 of Trump’s presidency.

It looks like you can now murder someone whilst you are US President and get away with it….but it’s probably been happening for years anyway :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2988

Mrs Obama won’t stand. She hated the White House and won’t be going back. Almost any other Democrat would do better than Biden though (including his own wife). Delighted that he beat Trump but ought to step back now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Biden out to 10-1, so maybe something happening. Can’t lose hope, betting still close between a Dem/GOP president

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Harris now @ 7 and Biden 9.8 to win the election. Mrs Obama 24.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 115 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.