The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Twitter Competition.

Home Forums Horse Racing Twitter Competition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Red_Evie
    • Total Posts 70

This year I will be breaking my Cheltenham Festival duck. I received my best tweet to date on Friday from the McNeill family, telling me I had won the competition and 2 tickets to a day of my choice :D. I chose the Friday of course and now cant wait.

The question was how many owned or part owned winners had the family had. The answer, 32, now of course 33 with Grumeti very impressive on Saturday.

Did anyone from TRF enter this competition? My answer was a complete guess too I might add. :oops:

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

Well done Red Evie – you’ll love Cheltenham

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

Well done Red Evie – you’ll love Cheltenham

I arrive from Southam way every year. You get a sunny day and the view over the course as you come down the hill is…well the buzz starts right there.
    Park up in the village hall ( £5 for the day and they have food and drink ), set off with a copy of the RP, the radio headphones ( that seem to last almost three festivals ) and then it’s the walk up to the course through the car parks.
    Past the parade ring, past the Guinness bar, past the Centaur entrance and round to the end of the Grandstand to the finish line to take that first look over the course.

An incredible natural amphitheatre – there’s nothing like it in sport.

Then it’s back to the Guinness bar, a pint and a toddy and figure out the placepot, once in a while glancing up to watch the crowds fill up the course, and the numerous fillies parading around.

I bloody love it.

The roar for the Supreme is well celebrated, but in recent years i think the stands have been more packed and vocal for Quevega. Everybodys banker.

Congrats – you’ll think you’re in heaven.

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

You should have chose the first day, everyones knackered by the Friday and apart form the Gold Cup its a bit like after the lord mayors show.

Day one the whole place is buzzing and for me the supreme and
    champion hurdle are the highlights

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

You should have chose the first day, everyones knackered by the Friday and apart form the Gold Cup its a bit like after the lord mayors show.

Day one the whole place is buzzing and for me the supreme and
    champion hurdle are the highlights

First two days are comfortably the best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.