The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Turners Novies Chase

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2023 Turners Novies Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 86

I will throw my hat into the ring, Last season’s Supreme looked a cracker now horses are starting to come out this season, CH long odds on for the Champion and Jonbon hasn’t put a foot wrong and another fav going for the Arkle and they were 1st and 2nd. Mighty Potter pulled up in Supreme and almost certainly didn’t run its race there. KILCRUIT 3rd and all things considered ran very well indeed.

After finishing 2nd to Sir Gerhard in the bumper Sir Gerhard kicked on the following season and KILCRUIT gets beat by Largy Debut at 1/14, then again at 4/9 with Mullins left wondering and scratching his head in regard to the poor form. Come the turn of the year KILCRUIT goes and wins an ordinary hurdle race, but the time buffs switched onto the race and were impressed by his sectionals and wondered if he was on his way back? He then improved again (finding some of his old form) to run 3rd in that hot Supreme. At Punchestown was used as the pacemaker (in my humble opinion) behind State Man and jumped the last still in second but made a slight mistake and was simply looked after.

This year won his opening chase as he should, very easily. My point being he looks back to his best and his best is at the top table in G1 races and should not be 20/1 for this.

Value EW at 20/1 – KILCRUIT

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Have taken the 12s on appreciate it

Didn’t jump like an arkle horse imo

Would fancy him much more over 2m4f

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Appreciate It won well, but the second and third were both two stone inferior over hurdles and that puts it into perspective, I feel.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Well yes that’s the same in most beginners chases

He won well but not so well he looked like an arkle horse, was very strong at the line and Willie always leaves plenty to work on

As with all beginners chases and novice hurdles, next time up in grade will tell us more

12s seemed fair to me

Flame bearer runs tomorrow and el fabiolo Wednesday so be interesting to see how they jump

Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

It’s with the non runner no bet, but I’ve taken 12-1 on Ha D’or. I’m hoping obviously that he runs well today, but I do see Journey With Me as a big threat

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I’m happy with my Mighty Potter bet – my main worry is the race being voided due to the missing “c” in the thread title, but maybe I’m a pedantic “c” for even mentioning it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

I think it was the ground last time, VTC. I think he is a big player in this race if it is no worse than good to soft and I am still happy with my 20/1.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Big move for appreciate it here today

Fingers crossed this is where he turns up

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Depends if Sir Gerhard turns up and takes to the fences. SG is too slow to win the Arkle imo. They could both run here I suppose with others from the stable going up in trip.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Given his terrible prep sir gerhard is very unlikely to be relied upon as a first string in any race.

He will be at best second string in the arkle or turner’s, potentially 3rd string.

Couldn’t back him for anything myself.

There has been big moves for appreciate it in both the flogas and turner’s today

There was a big move for dysart the other day and Impaire Et Passe yesterday

Suggests some discussions have been taking place at closutton.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Sir Gerhard is alive ;o)

Runs Thursday.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Sir Gerard second string …. He,s shown more esp at Cheltenham than AI

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Has he?

Appreciate its supreme win was much more impressive than SGs ballymore win

And he will be turning up having had one chase start in a nothing race

Would be extremely unlikely townend chases him as his rode in the turner’s or arkle

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

He was thrashed in last year’s champion , 9 years old , I’d say Sir Gerard would be a stronger shout

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

Mighty Potter if it’s Soft, but if it’s genuine Good ground don’t Ban The Bridge!

How many of the other entries have smashed standard in a Chase this season?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Mighty Potter doesn’t need it soft necessarily as he has won two grade 1s over hurdles on nice ground. The one to beat hopefully unless Sir Gerhard is back and ready to roll in March in which case either will do. Whether Appreciate It still has the star quality he showed over hurdles after missing his intended chase season last season remains to be seen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4675

“How many of the other entries have smashed standard in a Chase this season?”

How many have run in a competitive race (as opposed to a glorified schooling session) on good ground?

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.