The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

True Or False Quiz (winner goes next)

Home Forums Lounge True Or False Quiz (winner goes next)

Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 557 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

You were a bit fast on the draw there Ruby I was giving myself to the weekend,
    but then again I do tend to trail in. If I’m honest, I felt there was a bit of
    apathy setting in after Chezza was taken from us (no, he’s not dead in case
    anyone not following us reads this). I’ll leave it up to you. If you post it
    “they will come”, but as I said earlier, it may have run it’s course now 😥

Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

Sorry, BigG. I didn’t intend to be rude, but somehow the forum has become too quiet in the past 2-3 weeks. Having said, I still have faith that admin has made the right decisions. If other members want to take a time out or reduce their posting activities, well that’s their own decision.

But I think this thread has come to end, I mean this would have happened sooner or later anyway. It makes no sense to have keep the quiz going, if you don’t have at least 6-8 people participating in it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

This feels a bit like laying Chezza’s tombstone, but I think you are right
    Ruby. It was fun whilst it lasted, but Chezza was the torch that led the
    way……****, I can’t believe I just wrote that. Spew bags can be supplied
    to all those that need one (that would be everyone then). All who want to
    throw a handful of soil onto Chezza’s remains, or broken Hob Nobs, may commence
    at will. If you hear an eerie F*%k OFF, pay no heed.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

Losing Chezza is like The Beatles/Take That disbanding. There are people in shock and tears all over the forum 😥 Just hope he can come back in some other form.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

Is it a case of “Hello Goodby”, or maybe “LetIt Be” :unsure:

Or for our younger viewers, Maybe Chezza wants to “Rule The
    World” but yet, “could it be Magic” Chezza “Back For Good” :yahoo:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

While Chezza surely is a loss, where do you draw a line when allowing banned members to come back?

Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

I’ve no idea Ruby, I don’t know what it was all about. Just having a bit of fun
    with the 2 bands mentioned by Homer. It’s got nowt to do with me, and thank
    God for that :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

Losing Chezza feels a bit like Family Guy without Stewie or Quagmire…..

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

And there was I waiting to put a question about my success as a punter being down to using Dr Who’s Tardis…

And the five winners trophies I’ve got from taking on Racing’s elite in the Lambourn Quiz.

And getting Christmas cards from that was the man that was…

And doing work for a Formula 1 boss…

And my first ever job being for a famous British Army pin up girl.

And the first time I ever went horse racing, seeing one of Racing’s great racehorses start favourite and finish unplaced.

And my relation who starred in a famous TV sit-com.

And my toy panda being on TV.

And the letter I got from the Prime Minister.

And how I got into trouble at school for a remark I made about a teacher having sex.

The things none of you will now not know about me. :rose:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

Well, then do it Mark. I wouldn’t mind knowing more about you and your social life.

Participant
    • Total Posts 12825

Fire away Mark, I’m all ears

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

OK Well here goes.
    There are 30 Questions and like the original rules half are True and half are False. You no longer need to do your own list if winning, so have a go if you so wish. Or just enjoy reading. If nothing else it’s a fitting end to Ian’s thread.

Q1: David Frost of “hello, good evening and welcome” fame and his family, used to send my family (including me) a Christmas card.

Q2: My maternal grandfather’s last job before retiring was for an actor who later starred in the film The King’s Speech.

Q3: An actor who later starred in the film The King’s Speech went to the same college as my brother.

Q4: My brother once pushed me down the slope of an ancient long barrow which left me unconscious.

Q5: My grandfather was invalided out of the British Army with malaria.

Q6: The first day of my first job was spent working for one of the most popular pin up girls of the British Army.

Q7: I fitted carpets in the penthouse home of an ex-boss of Formula 1 team McClaren.

Q8: Me and my family once spent Christmas and New Year as the only inhabitants of a property recently sold for over 10 million pounds.

Q9: I have five winners’ trophies on my mantle piece from the annual Racing Quiz Night (that I told you about in my first list of T&Fs).

Q10: A watercolour I painted myself of Chief Singer hangs in my study.

Q11: On a visit to Bath Racecourse I backed a winner there whose only other career victory was in a Group 1.

Q12: Celtic Swing’s trainer Lady Herries once told me I should give up gambling.

Q13: I backed Slip Anchor @ 16/1 ante-post for the 1985 Derby and a prize possession on my wall is a photo of me patting this wonderful horse, in his paddock at Plantation Stud Newmarket.

Q14: The only Classic I have ever been there in person to see was Zafonic’’s brilliant run away 2000 Guineas victory in 1993.

Q15: After going Racing there, I once jogged around the track at Wincanton. Taking useful distance and gradient information on my Garmin watch.

Q16: I both backed Little Owl when he won the 1981 Cheltenham Gold Cup and rescued a real little owl bird in our garden.

Q17: I used to be the school bookmaker on Grand National day and in 1980 a Scottish kid cost me. Having 10p each way @ 50/1 Ben Nevis.

Q18: The first time I ever went racing I saw a horse now recognised as an all time great, start favourite yet finish unplaced.

Q19: The only plane I have ever been on is concorde.

Q20: In my lifetime I have been on more steam train journeys than by trains powered by all other sources combined.

Q21: I am related to an actor who was a main character in the TV sitcom Terry And June, alongside Terry Scott and June Whitfield.

Q22: The secret of my gambling success can now be revealed.
    I am “related” to a Dr Who (I suppose you could say more than one Dr Who).
    We regularly use the Tardis to go back in time to back winners.
    (Nah, only the second line of Q22 counts for this competition).

Q23: I went to a normal comprehensive school. But I could have gone to a famous public school paid in full by a 17th century relative.

Q24: I stole the answers to a school questionnaire about a visit to the National History museum… And filled in my questionnaire before I stepped inside the museum.

Q25: At school, when a teacher told me I had to do “lines” as punishment, I protested and was given an alternative – right then – of going to the headmaster for the cane. I chose the cane. Later returning to the class rubbing my bum, although I’d actually been hit on the left hand.

Q26: In a lesson at school, we had to “write a letter to someone”. Many chose Jimmy Saville! (Jim’ll Fix It). Thankfully I chose Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and got a reply back from 10 Downing Street.

Q27: A close up picture of my cuddly toy panda dressed in my school uniform (he’s about 60cm / 2ft tall) was shown on TV; when I was in the audience of the kids quiz show “Runaround”.

Q28: At school, I got into trouble for throwing a paper aeroplane which hit my teacher on the back of the head.

Q29: At school, I got into trouble for a comment I made about a female teacher having oral sex.

Q30: After a meal at Fleet M3 Motorway Services my car was nowhere to be seen in the car park so I reported it stolen… When I told the police where I was headed, he asked me if I’d walked across the motorway footbridge to the restaurant. Oops

Good Luck.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

Mark, this is a fantastic list. But I’ll need to take my time in the next 2-3 days in order to give you proper answers.

Thanks for posting….

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

You can have more than that ERL.
    Seeing as though there are 30 questions shall we say a week?
    Until 10PM Monday 6th May/
    …And if TRFers say they wanted longer then could push that back too. Will see how much interest there is, Maybe people have had enough.

Value Is Everything
    Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2666

Great stuff Ginger, I’m not going to have time to have a go but I shall definitely check out the answers.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

We could always say a month if that helps, Richard?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5671

18 months

Viewing 17 posts - 528 through 544 (of 557 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.