The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Triumph Trial

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Triumph Trial

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

A very good race in prospect and probably the most ‘interesting’ race of the day. I would have thought the Triumph winner will come out of this unless there is something hiding somewhere, IMO.

Will Katchit handle conditions as well as Puallic, is Paullic even as good as his easy wins suggest??

Is Mountain a ‘good thing’ if he takes to this game straight away receiving 7lbs from those too rivals?

Is the French horse better than all three of them?

So many questions but there isn’t really a true answer for any of them in my opnion.

Predateur easily beat a next time winner at Taunton, but does that form put him in the picture? yet another question that isn’t easy to give an answer to.

Its a no bet race for me, but this will be the one i watch closest of the lot.

I hope Mountain can run with credit, not saying he has to win but he was a favourite of mine from the flat and have backed him at 20’s and 16’s for the Triumph.

<br>Opinions?

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I’m stubbornly stciking with Degas Art for the Triumph but I like the look of Good Bye Simone for this e/w. We don’t know that much about it except it needs soft ground and it won’t be disappointed on that score today! If i remember correctly it travelled like a dream last time and drew clear before the final flight only to idle? a little on the run-in. I give Katchit and Pauillac similar chances but I go for the best priced of the three. Mountain will have to be an awesome hurdles recruit to take this at the first time of asking while Predateur is surely the price it is based on its connections.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Im not entirely convinced by Katchit and feel that this could be the time that more talented runners catch up with him..<br>Surely Mountain has way too much to do here. Why wasnt he given some sort of prep?

I like Pancake and can see him plugging on but nichols is interestingly bullish about Predateur and the price seems fair to me

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

a very interesting race, but i dont think what wins today will win the triumph because the ground is unlikely to be heavy in march. i like the look of pancake e/w

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

The ground probably wont be heavy in March, dave. But 1. i dont think the ground will be anywhere near as bad as people are predicting today and 2. what other decent 4yo hurdlers are there, its a very weak division this year IMO.

Other than Degas Art who is too much of a hard puller to win round cheltenham i think, i cannot think of any other hurdlers that can really make an impact. Even the irish challengers are few and far between.

I wouldnt say Mountain would need to be a superstar, all he others have question marks against them. I think if Mountain is fit and ready which ive been told he is and he jumps okay (i dont think he needs to even jump brilliantly) his flat speed and class will show him through.

He didn’t have a prep because first he was gelded and then he got a sore throat (or something along those lines) its took them time to get him to this and they are desperate to find out if he is a genuine triumph hurdle hope.

I think the only big question mark against him will be if he gets home. I know he seemed to get 12furlongs on the flat but other than having Monjeu as his sire, his pedigree doesnt really suggest he will get this trip, his distaff side suggests he would be a miler at best……. well, thats the way i read it.

Stormont
    • Total Posts 300

Gay and Derrick Smith disappointed with Cheltenham ground just because BJK got beat??????

Moutain and bold bishop taken out on ‘McCoys advice’………….. bad losers, maybe?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.