Triumph hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2015 Triumph hurdle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

KALKAR current fav but pass him over trainer had similar horses in past like this one instead i like.

HARGAM 16/1

Ran very good race on hurdles debut got beat by Golden doyen but on better ground can see him turning form around.

OLD GUARD 33/1

Ran well in same race Calipto won another who needs better going to be pulled out last time but ran and won.

BONITO DU BERLAIS at 16s is a wildcard if he comes over from France can win it too

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 567

Took 12s Peace and Co and OMG how impressive was he for a young horse

The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Took 12s Peace and Co and OMG how impressive was he for a young horse

You can collect now Gary on that fellow,he’ll have one more run then ‘Triumph’ at Cheltenham.The thing is this fellow was backed heavily for his Cheltenham target before he even set foot on Doncasters hallowed turf for his British debut and what a performance it was.I sadly have missed the boat on this fellow but am happy with my 7/1 now.I cant oppose him and at least thats the tricky Triumph sorted. 8)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 567

Gord: seeing such a young, inexperienced horse swinging off the bit like that was unbelievable, hope he stays fit and as you say that’s one of the trickiest races at the festival put to bed ;-)

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

I saw this article recently:-

Trained by Nicky Henderson, Peace And Co landed the Grade Two Summit Hurdle at Doncaster in impressive fashion on his British debut last month, but Bromley feels the horse needs more experience.

"He’s by far from the finished article. He’s pulling a lot," he said. "He’s going to run in the Finesse Hurdle.

"A lot will depend on how good his performance is that day as to whether he goes for the Triumph Hurdle or not.

Anyone concerned hearing that opinion?

Seems a bit negative considering his short odds for The Triumph.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

Anyone else find it rather odd how Munir racks up four year olds and always seems to go for the triumph, which tends to be a graveyard for future prospects?

Regardless, I was equally impressed with BDM under same ownership. NTD horses usually go through a tough patch over Christmas. At the odds I would go for this one. Just hope they don’t shoot him at the FW.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

I think running him in the Finesse would be a mistake. Only one horse in the last 25 years has won that and followed up in the Triumph.

Adonis winners fare much better.

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2073

I think those Finesse and Adonis stats are a bit of a misnomer. You don’t lose the Triumph because you have won the Finesse – it’s more about looking at each horse on its individual attributes.

cheltmancheltman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

My idea off a horse who will run a massive race in this is a horse trained by nigel twisten davies called Bristol de mai…On his first start in britain he was very impressive in the finale at chepstow winning a grade one by 6 lengths jumped well and travelled all over sum good horses.Can only improve from that reminds me off a previous winner zarkander.I’m a bit worried about the better ground.But think this will be a serious player come triumph day…and 10/1 i got i think is pritty fair.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

My idea off a horse who will run a massive race in this is a horse trained by nigel twisten davies called Bristol de mai…On his first start in britain he was very impressive in the finale at chepstow winning a grade one by 6 lengths jumped well and travelled all over sum good horses.Can only improve from that reminds me off a previous winner zarkander.I’m a bit worried about the better ground.But think this will be a serious player come triumph day…and 10/1 i got i think is pritty fair.

I am on Hargam for this but he hasn’t quite lived up to my expectations. Better ground might help him and he could be a horse who never wins far.

I was aware of the expectations for Bristol De Mai when he ran last time because all the money was for him, whilst they could not give his stable mate Old Guard away in the betting as he drifted massively.

I’ll be confident of a big run from Bristol De Mai if it’s soft and I think the only danger will be Peace And Co in those ground conditions.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 478

I agree…. I believe Hargem is improving with every run and if it’s gd/sft or better at the festival he will be even better.
    I can understand why peace and co is fav but it was heavy that day and the form may not be as reliable.
    I think hargem is a massive price

Shack1Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

I’m on Kalkir EW @ 25/1. Was very happy after his debut but obviously disappointed over Xmas and now not sitting as smugly :( . However connections are adamant that was not his running and he’ll improve for a faster pace and greater stamina test. I don’t think Townend shone on either him or Vautour on Boxing day, Ruby back in the plate will make a difference too.

Peace and Co does indeed look the real deal, but i’d like to see him do another performance similar before wading in on him at the cramped odds.

stevecautionstevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8280

Peace and Co is red hot favourite for the Finesse tomorrow. He opened at about 4/6 and is now a best priced 1/2.

Barry Geraghty says he found it hard to pick between Peace and Co and Henderson’s other runner Bivouac. That would seem a bit difficult to take at face value, given one runner at 1/2 and the other as high as 10/1.

It’s a tricky enough looking race tomorrow, with Paul Nicholls fielding an interesting ex French horse in the form of Ibis Du Rheu, who won his second hurdle race by seven lengths after finishing half a length behind Top Notch on his debut. The ground was heavy that day and given that Top Notch is now generally a 14/1 shot for Cheltenham, I thought a few quid on Ibis Du Rheu might be appropriate at 25/1 in anticipation of a decent effort tomorrow.

Karezak has decent bits of form but is a bit exposed with three seconds in a row. I am assuming Barry has picked the right one with Peace and Co over Bivouac. If Peace and Co romps home tomorrow he’s probably going to take a hell of a beating at Cheltenham but I’m hoping Ibis Du Rheu has shown enough for Nicholls to pitch him into this company tomorrow and a defeat might not be the end of the world, so long as it’s not a drubbing.

Peace and Co hard to oppose in the Finesse but he’s skinny with a decent stable companion in the field, a solid contender in Karezak and a potential fly in the ointment with Top Notch’s ex sparring partner.

Ibis Du Rheu Triumph Hurdle 25/1 (for the craic)

The Young FellaThe Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2073

What are the riding arrangements with Simon Munir’s horses? I thought Daryl Jacob was his retained rider, yet Geraghty rides Peace And Co even though Jacob is at the course.

Shack1Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

What are the riding arrangements with Simon Munir’s horses? I thought Daryl Jacob was his retained rider, yet Geraghty rides Peace And Co even though Jacob is at the course.

He’s no1 rider where there is no stable jock, or 2nd choice where there is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.