The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRFs apathy list

Home Forums Lounge TRFs apathy list

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

Like I said.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

This really has become quite pathetic .. quite funny though, when will Davies run out of BATE .. ??

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

The Concise Ian Davies Dictionary will be out next. Why don’t you now try deconstructing this thread in the poststructuralist style of Jacques Derrida?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Quote: from Ian Davies on 2:39 pm on May 24, 2005[br]Martin,

If you wish to abbrieviate the word advertisement, try to get it right, mate – it’s adverts or ads, not ”adds.”

(I love the tangent this thread has gone off on).

(Edited by Ian Davies at 2:45 pm on May 24, 2005)<br>

<br>It’s adds as in "added extra rubbish to the channel I have been watching" type adds ๐Ÿ˜‰

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 918

Whether this thread is light-hearted or tongue in cheek, we have always maintained we can’t bear to see the elitist attitudes of spelling corrections on TRF by members. As long as the word the contributor is trying to spell is close to or can be understood, who cares!

The only thing posts like the above do is to alienate members whos best subject at school was not English. I am sure people joined here to discuss Horse Racing or general chit-chat, not to be pointed out that they are spelling words wrong or that they’ve put a punctuation mark in the wrong place.

This topic may well be light hearted but there is a serious underlying point here that hasn’t been brought up for a while, in that, TRF does not approve in any way of members trying to undermine people over spelling mistakes nor through lack of knowledge sought (such as mocking members new to the sport who are asking basic questions that may be obvious to experienced members but we all had to learn at some point) I don’t want TRF to have the elitist attitude which drives away anybody interested in horse racing. After all that’s why we are here (horse racing) not to learn how to spell!!!!

<br>….Cue the smart arse critisising my bad English in this post?

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Well said Adim, I was just about to say that ..:cool:  

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Okay, I wasn’t.

admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 918

We have no problem with light hearted banter as long as no one is offended, it’s just a word of caution towards not alienating people through their spelling.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I’m quite offended most of the time, but not about this, but thanks for pointing that out.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Wud hate too loose this thread ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tank
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2548

Saved B-)

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3859

Bring back the boys i.e. both admin past and present.
    They are both on the list – but not forever just a few days :mail:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3859

Well this is classic Kotikjet of old a well found resurrection Tank.

The last I saw of Bachelors Hall he was out walking a muzzled Kotikjet on a strong leash around a lake in Rickysville and both were wearing dog collars. How times have so seisicamally changed !

‘Where have all repros gone long time passing
    Where have all the foul-mouthed gone long time ago ‘

I found a couple more lurkers to make room for in the apathy list.

The much loved Matron with his second Key and the Wonder Woman of old Debs ( LRM ) who helped keep this place strung together and brought a certain order and family spirit.

The list … :mail:

Tank
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2548

It was Matron who banned me, and unfairly so in a fit of pique!

There was a troll on the horsey section and he filled every post with rubbish. I, and others, pointed it out and called for the troll to be removed along with the posts. It was quite late and Matron said ‘Oh, I’ll do it tomorrow’ I was a bit gobsmacked at this and demanded that he do it NOW! He said ‘Right, I will!’ And deleted said troll + me!

Very unfair and he was not fit for purpose letting his own feelings get the better of him and using his powers unfairly. A very poor show and I’m glad that he has no moderating powers now.

In short: Matron is not much loved by all.

You are acting a bit strange at the moment as well, gamble. Have you had a knock on the head or sumink? I’ve not seen this twatish side of you before :negative: and hope that it’s temporary . Good day to you.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25460

Matron still has mod powers via admin log in

Member since March 2008
    admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 918

And here I am.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3859

What I can say is it has been so quiet today hardly anything moved on horseracing or hardly anywhere else. I have had quite a long hard day and have just eaten and didn’t feel much like wording tonight but here I am.

Tank you have always been strange that’s what people possibly like about you and please don’t change. Sometimes you go way off the wall and then you have to be rescued.

Good to see you Matron and good tidings and hope you are enjoying a good Xmas. It is interesting that Tank expressed a gripe about you because in a way when I read this thread I also had a gripe and in my opinion what caused my gripe was admin. Then I suddenly thought the deity that is admin never ever get roughed up or hardly ever and I thought it might be good to stick you all in room 101 and have a bit of a group gripe. It could be therapeutic for all of you – What do you think ? Now Tank’s gripe I think I have heard before, but yes if that happened he has good reason to gripe but if it is not what happened he hasn’t. No-one has a go at admin anymore. Well there is such a thing as constructive critisism but if you go out and attack admin – depending on what you say you are likely to have your head sawn off.

The idea of my Xmas Carol was first to extoll admin and then to pick fault. Ebaneezer Scrooge in reverse. I think it could be quite liberating for you to feel the end if a stick for a change. Are you fairly open to that ? Do you think it is a good or a bad idea ? Happy Xmas.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.