The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TRF Ten To Follow 2020/21

Home Forums Racing Competitions TRF Ten To Follow 2020/21

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4720

I just know that both Envoi Allen and Shishkin are going to rack up a sequence of wins each but this competition rewards winning big races; there aren’t that many valuable novice chases pre-Cheltenham for Shishkin, in particular, to be aimed at.

My underestimated dark horse is obviously Sceau Royal; as explained, I’ve taken the view that racing may be suspended again so he’s in primarily for the Greatwood Hurdle, although I could see him being aimed at the Bula Hurdle too, which is another bonus points race.

As for the “Ooh.. interesting” one- just about anything from Robnorth’s list!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2202

I love this comp too! That’s such a good question greenasgrass. I hope you’re right about Minella Indo as I made him my star horse this year. Although I was so tempted to give it to Honeysuckle again.

My list was changing almost hourly towards the end. The last ones to be cut were probably Saint Roi, Defi du Seuil & Put the Kettle On. I wanted a balance between established horses and novices, hurdlers and chasers, as I don’t want my horses running against each other all year long.

I think Thyme Hill will do well in a weak Staying Hurdle division (it was between him and Fury Road for me), Monkfish an exciting novice chaser for Willie Mullins & Flinteur Sacre.

I haven’t looked that closely at the other entrants yet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16971

Mine is Darver Star green.

He ran a blinder in the Champion Hurdle to be 3rd to my star horse Epatante and with my flat racing hat on I noticed he has an amazing turn of foot.
    Switching from hurdles to fences he won his first race being eased down at the finish.
    I’d love to see him progress beyond his trainers wildest dreams and mine.

Good luck everyone and keep our horses sound and safe. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Vtc, not sure if you know you have yet to included mine on the first page

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Sorry mate.
    I thought after I posted that I bet you had a system going
    Great start for those with The Storyteller.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

So my star horse has just been walloped into 4th in a grade 2. Hey ho.

Re the “Notable absentees” I reckon
    Native River- Owners not going for Grand national so will probably get some place money in the big races but not a huge haul of points
    Buveur D’Air- possibility not out till after Christmas
    Faugheen- heart not head
    Melon- stick in as a transfer if you think he’ll win the Ryanair
    Supasundae- chubby old chap needs pipe and slippers
    Kemboy- needs freak summer ground and to improve his jumping

Participant
    • Total Posts 7520

I took my eye off the ball when selecting my 10 and missed out one that I really should have included, and I noticed nobody else has included it. It was Tupelo Mississippi a horse that Brian Ellison reckons is potentially as good as anything he has trained over jumps. Likely to appear in staying novice hurdles this season.

As an aside to the above Onward Route, a close second to TM on his last appearance in March, runs in a rather tasty looking bumper at Carlisle tomorrow which I’ve previewed in my bumper thread in the Notebook section.

• Total Posts 15023

1. Players Lists are now on Page 1. I’ll try to keep this updated as regular as possible, but this will be time dependent. I’ll double check also that I’ve copied everyone across.

2. Full breakdown of horses are at bottom of this post.

3. I haven’t populated my spreadsheet yet, so scores will be prone to the odd mistake/omission no doubt (I always manage one). No need to highlight any to me, it’s strictly checked once a week.

4. Going forward. As you know, I’ll do a post of next days runners on a daily basis, from now till May, everyday. Can I ask one favour. If I happen to miss a horse that’s running next day, can you pleeeassee not point this out to me. I don’t have to do the daily list of next day runners, it doesn’t have any bearing on anything, and is just an extra bit of info I add.

5. I’ll update prize fund ASAP

6. Best of luck to everyone, and hope you enjoy it.

Day One
    What a start for Thehorsesmouth, as he romps clear, thanks to The Storyteller, and also by making Cyrname his star horse. Well played Tommy.

Gladiateur, Goodfellow, and Jamie also benefitted from Cyrname.

Good start for BigG, getting two winners with Ballyadam and Quilixios.

Well done to everyone else getting off the mark with Ballyadam and Quilixios.

Cyrname 28.30
    Quilixios 11.10
    Ballyadam 11.60
    The Storyteller 29.5

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 598

I was tempted to go with Espoir De Romay, a novice chaser, from Kim Bailey’s yard who just so happens to run at Huntingdon tomorrow. Seen him in the paddock at Newcastle last year when i went down to see another horse i like called Imperial Alcazar. Espoir De Romay was massive! Looks a proper chaser. He ran well that day too in a close 3rd. Think he will improve for fences.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3888

Oops I’ve missed the deadline, never mind- Had a busy weekend and completely forgot, my fault!

Good luck all and thanks for the msge Bobby!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

I forgot to post my list :cry:
    Didn’t see your reminder on Twitter until midafternoon, VTC

• Total Posts 15023

Goodfellow continues his great start with Imperial Aura doing the business at Carlisle, and he was also a nice winner for Coops and Dac

Imperial Aura 14.3

• Total Posts 15023

Greaneteen landed The Haldon Gold Cup, and looks an excellent star horse for Hot Fuss, putting him straight into second.

Greaneteen 27.6

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

WD Hot Fuss, that was a nice win and Cobden knew he didn’t have to take too much out of him to do it so he should be ready to try to scoop you more points soon.

And also WD everyone who kept the faith that Cyrname stays 3m, The Storyteller isn’t just a jobbing jack of all trades but has a good dollop of class in addition to his versatility, Imperial Aura can be better than a decent handicapper and the Cheveley Park young guns can live up to their billing. Fab start to the comp :good:

(And good luck to the rest of us waiting to follow over the first)

• Total Posts 15023

Big G and Gladiateur continue their good start, with a nice win for Sceau Royal today.

Sceau Royal 21.5

• Total Posts 15023

TAPK off the mark, and first to score with a star horse, as Easywork does the business at Navan.

Easywork 11.5

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 573

Easywork should come on plenty for that. I’ve bet him for The Marsh, but I left him out here after he would was taken by The ante-post king. Nice selection, he would definitely have been my star horse too.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.