TRF Awards 2016 WINNERS

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Awards 2016 WINNERS

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Venture to Cognac Venture to Cognac 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

2016 Winners

Poster – Venture to Cognac
    Thread – Why Frankel Will Rule The World (Jonibake)
    Flat Horse – Minding
    Jumps Horse – Sprinter Sacre
    Flat Jockey – Jim Crowley
    Jumps Jockey – Richard Johnson
    Flat Trainer – Aidan O’Brien
    Jumps Trainer – Nicky Henderson and Colin Tizzard jt winners
    Hero – Freddy Tylicki
    Riding Performance – Jamie Codd on Cause of Causes Kim Muir Cheltenham
    Broadcaster – Matt Chapman
    One to Watch – Altior
    Racecourse – Hereford and Cheltenham jt winners
    Journalist – Chris Cook
    Villain – Willie Mullins
    Owner – Jean Bishop
    Commentator – Simon Holt

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

Well done all Winners,particularly Bobby VTC,creating the Ten to Follow comp has proved a massive hit and I for one am always looking in to see how ‘Ginge’ is doing compared to me…

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Matt Chapman took the news well “Very proud once again!”

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8758

I’ve been tweeting the results –

Matt says “Very kind. I’ll keep my hair on mind – to save any debate! Yeeehaaa!” Good lad.

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8758

Chris Cook – “Thanks very much! Was chuffed to see I’d made the list a couple of weeks ago”

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8758

Simon Holt – “Many thanks to all who voted. Much appreciated.”

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8758

Venture To Cognac’s win as Poster Of The Year means he’s taken the award three times on the trot.

He Joins AP McCoy, Sir Henry Cecil, Willie Mullins, Cheltenham Racecourse as the only people/horses/places to have won the same prize three times in a row.

In my opinion that should be ample enough to have VTC awarded the 2016 TRF Lifetime Achievement Award?

cormack15
    cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8758

Richard Johnson – ‘thank you very much”

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Good stuff all round ! I think my acca came in there…

I’m really pleased for VTC : outstanding contribution to the forum and barely a cross word about anything – never easy on social media. Well played, sir.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15275

Thanks for that Mark, I save all my moaning, whingeing, cynical opinions away from here now lol. I got into a few scraps on here in my first couple of years, but at the end of the day, as you point out, there’s enough moaning on social media as there is, and this is a better place without the aggro.

Having said that, just one mention of the likes of “Balding being a great presenter”, or “a maximum 30 Runner National, would improve safety” are just 2 topics that are enough to set me off like a “two bob rocket” lol. I try not to get into too many arguments, though I’ve self excluded from The ITV Thread, just in case Mick Fitzgeralds lawyers are watching.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15275

Thanks Corm, but no need for that. Obviously pleased to win, it’s a nice feeling, but I get a wee bit embarassed at the same time lol……….though looking forward to another year of opening Fetes, Bookies etc lol

Thanks for the kind words Gord, and obviously anyone who voted for me, and enjoys my waffle, erm, I mean chat.

Thanks to Nathan for all the effort he puts into this, and one last mention for Jamie Codd winning the “Riding performance of the year”, chuffed to bits with that, and very well deserved.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20469

Well done on winning Bob,
    Great effort all year round
    You do realise if you win again I’ll have to start a campaign for someone like billion to win….. :rose:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1733

well done winners(TFR’s) and also a thank you to nathan for doing all the ‘bits’
    and HNY to you all

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4102

Great stuff Bob – thoroughly deserved. Nice to see many of the winners were contacted and expressed their gratitude. Shows why this forum is a cut above the rest – brilliant Corm and well done Nath for organising. Happy New Year all!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

Venture To Cognac’s win as Poster Of The Year means he’s taken the award three times on the trot.

He Joins AP McCoy, Sir Henry Cecil, Willie Mullins, Cheltenham Racecourse as the only people/horses/places to have won the same prize three times in a row.

In my opinion that should be ample enough to have VTC awarded the 2016 TRF Lifetime Achievement Award?

Thanks Corm, but no need for that. Obviously pleased to win, it’s a nice feeling, but I get a wee bit embarassed at the same time lol……….though looking forward to another year of opening Fetes, Bookies etc lol

Thanks for the kind words Gord, and obviously anyone who voted for me, and enjoys my waffle, erm, I mean chat.

Thanks to Nathan for all the effort he puts into this, and one last mention for Jamie Codd winning the “Riding performance of the year”, chuffed to bits with that, and very well deserved :good:

You got my vote and much deserves too.

Cheers Nath for sorting all Thai out too. Must take a while.

In fact thanks toe everyone for making me feel welcome when I joint here a couple of months ago.

Let’s all hope for a good 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.