The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Totepool Bets

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

I know this is cheeky advertising but I felt it was such good value it’s worth sharing.

<!– w –>http://www.totediscount.com<!– w –> is owned by Pegasus Racing based in Leeds. We are offering 10% cashback on all Placepots at the Festival.

Any questions let me know.

(Edited by jonny1ph at 9:53 pm on Mar. 10, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

This is the sort of stuff that should be removed rather than the havoc that the blogs thread caused.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Someone start chucking these pillocks out, for all our sakes.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Jonny PM’d me before posting explaining the offer and asking if it could be posted. As there are a few on here who do play the placepots I felt it was to the advantage of some of the membership who might want to check it out.

It’s a one off though Jonny!

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

…except that it isn’t a one-off, and follows several plugs for a Scoop Six syndication business, which looks to be in (very) similar ownership.

Fair enough that he PM’d you first Corm, but still decidedly spammy!

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Cormack, I think you are far too lenient to all these flavours of spam we are subjected to.  TRF was built on the basis of a spam free zone and not by allowing this kind of abuse.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Point taken lads – <br>After giving it some thought I think you are correct – lots of other offers around for Cheltenham so no reason this one should have been given free airtime. Don’t want to go back on my word on this occasion but I’ll be more vigilant in future as I agree, one or two dubious ones lately.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

What I would suggest that you do Corm ..

Create a commercial folder and charge people to post in it. Say £30 one off payment for the first 3 months and then £10 a month thereafter, if they wish to continue with their thread in the commercial folder. This will allow folk to have links in their signatures and no-one can cry spam, because they are paying for the privelidge. If they dont want to continue after 3 months then they lose the right to refer to their own site in any way through this site.

The money could be used to run the site and sponsor competitions or pay for a really good days out for members, at a race course, like Kelso or Perth for example.

I think we need a ‘bloggers’ folder and a ‘commercial’ folder, both are legitimate activities and should be catered for, IMO.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

I like the idea of it paying for a really good day out at a Scottish track!!

Seriously though – the funding of the site is an issue we’re addressing in the upcoming site redevelopment.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

.. glad to here it Corm, its very important that things pay for themsleves, its the only way to keep it all going.<br>:cool:

jonny1ph
    • Total Posts 44

Hi all, firstly I offer my apologies if I have offended anyone. I do genuinely believe the offer was worth sharing.  

I would be interested in the commercial folder idea, obviously depending on price and how many hits the folder gets.

I would be more inclined to pay a premium if TRF days out were at the lovely tracks of Yorkshire.<br>

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Quote: from jonny1ph on 11:31 am on Mar. 12, 2007[br]

I would be more inclined to pay a premium if TRF days out were at the lovely tracks of Yorkshire.<br>

Now that is a better idea.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

jonny1ph, you have brought this thread back to the top and added your commercial URL and by-line.

Please do the right thing and pay for some advertising.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.