The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Jackpot

Home Forums Horse Racing Tote Jackpot

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>The jackpot evaded punters today at Uttoxeter and there’s £931k carried forward, presumably to Sunday.

There are meetings at Fontwell and Carlisle, and whichever the Tote choose, it looks sure to be won as the big syndicates will be covering all the options.

I’m hoping it will be Fontwell, as the 6th race at Carlisle is a bumper!

Form book time this evening …..  all suggestions welcome.

AP

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>It’s carried forward to Carlisle.

AP

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I like the bumper! its a flat race :)

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Plenty of biggish fields (and over 2 million possible combinations), so it should be worth a little dabble…

Quite surprised it didn’t go today to be honest…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

AP<br>I wish I could come up with some useful suggestion, but I have just had a look at the card and it is well nigh indecipherable to one who depends on exposed form in only the better races.<br>As I recall, Mounty is our resident Scoop6 expert of recent times, maybe it is best left to those of you who better understand such things to pool your resources?<br>Whatever happens, the very best of luck; any update would be appreciated so we at TRF can shout them home for you.:cool: <br>

Artemis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1736

The main danger at Carlisle is the course itself. It can be a real slog in soft ground up the hill. There is also a strong wind blowing which might help if it is behind them up the hill. but if it is against them, then it will be a day for stout battlers.

I’ve had a small interest, but it is bound to be won with the syndicates playing.<br>Kalic D’Alm is my hope for a turn up in the 4.10.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>RH,

I’m in total agreement about the nature of the card and have decided not to waste money chasing the impossible. With the Fontwell card I’d have far more idea of the motivation of trainers, the quirks of the horses and the nature of what it takes to win races at the track – what I’d call an overall feel for the place.

But at Carlisle, the horses and most of the trainers are just names in the paper and my only visit to the track was for a flat meeting.

I’ll cheer on all the rags and hope for a £2M carryover to Wincanton tomorrow, then I’m in my element!

AP

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I have had a very modest go this afternoon, although I fear that one way or another the dividend is going to be on the small side given the pool…

(Non-runners, shrinking fields, and the potential for deteriorating weather to name three!)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

The meeting has been reduced to a farce by the number of fences and hurdles omitted.

The 3M handicap hurdle later on will jump a grand total of 6 hurdles, half the usual number.

The second race has reduced the live tickets to just over £15k from a total of over £1.8M.

AP

(Edited by apracing at 3:40 pm on Mar. 18, 2007)

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Does all seem a bit pointless. Abandon it now!

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>After the 3M flat race, there’s just £183.50 left running. Total payout after the Tote deduction will be just over £1.3M, so a small minority will be sweating now.

AP

non vintagenon vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Paid just over £100k. Was won to £13.

InvisibleLayerInvisibleLayer
    • Total Posts 101

Quote: from apracing on 3:37 pm on Mar. 18, 2007[br]The meeting has been reduced to a farce by the number of fences and hurdles omitted. <br>

Thats why Akilak managed to get so close, a farce I agree

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.