The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tim Pitt

Home Forums Horse Racing Tim Pitt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Sisco
    • Total Posts 3

Hi,
    Anybody know what has happened to Tim Pitt? He seems to have been replaced by D Murphy.
    Thanks.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3104

The stable is owned by Willie McKay, a football ‘agent’. He makes his millions by shuffling second rate players from club to club and pocketing a cut from the transfer fee. No player is allowed to stay at a club for more than two seasons, before he’s on the move again.

It seems that he’s now applying the same logic to his choice of trainer, making a change before the closure of the transfer window.

If he ever gets confused, we could end up with Tim Pitt playing for Bolton and Nicholas Anelka training his horses.

AP

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

AP
    Indeed Willie Mackay does own the yard and many of the horses in partnerships with a lot of proffesional footballers.

However this season has not been a good one for Tim Pitt with just the 1 winner from 57 runners.

Last year the stable was on fire with 31 winners and a decent S/R of 20% and a L.S.P. of 42 points.

In his first season Tim Pitt had just the 1 runner which duly won.

The other problem was that it was a well known gambling yard with some of the footballer owners lumping on some of the runners.

On the 23 March for example Fast Freddie form this yard was very well backed especially on betfair but could only finish second. Happy As Larry was also another expensive gamble that went down.

Lasy year when ever the money was seen to be ‘on’ they were winning!

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well these things happen, so good luck to Danny :D

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

The stable is owned by Willie McKay, a football ‘agent’. He makes his millions by shuffling second rate players from club to club and pocketing a cut from the transfer fee. No player is allowed to stay at a club for more than two seasons, before he’s on the move again.

I hope you’re wrong. One of his clients, Scott Brown, has just signed a five year deal with Celtic, and it’s safe to say a few people willl be more than disappointed if he exits ‘Paradise’ after a couple of seasons. I shall watch with interest.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3104

Himself,

I’m sure your new Messiah will be with you for at least five years – after all, who ever heard of a footballer not seeing out the full length of his contract.

My comments about Mr McKay are purely tongue in cheek – but there isn’t a suitable emoticon for that.

Seagull is right about the poor results so far this year, although I’d say that was down to the lack of quality horses rather than the trainer, but it’s all a matter of opinion. As the owner, Mr McKay is certainly entitled to try a new man in charge.

AP

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Never fear AP there’s a smiley for every occasion….

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

How about that then!
    I noticed that Spume had been entered up for a few races when I was digging up the Tim Pitt stats this morning so I had a small ‘co incidence’ bet on it tonight and it turned out to be Danny’s first winner for owner Willie Mackay.
    :lol:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Yayyyyyyyyy go Danny – that will be an enormous relief for him! :D

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Himself,

I’m sure your new Messiah will be with you for at least five years – after all, who ever heard of a footballer not seeing out the full length of his contract.

My comments about Mr McKay are purely tongue in cheek – but there isn’t a suitable emoticon for that.

Yes, the concept of satire is not lost on me…er, I think. :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Its like the busses you wait hours then they all come along!

815 Nott Tues
    Haajes 1st 9/1
    trained Danny Murphy
    owned Willie Mackay

This horse failed to win in 5 starts for Dermot Weld but new owner Willie Mackay saw it come from last to first to collect.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Danny said he’s a bit fat still and will improve :D

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

So once Murphy slims down a bit they’ll be banging em in left, right and centre then KT? :wink:

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

it does read like that doesn’t it?

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

Is it true his yard is down because of a virus???
    he came down to the northern racing college (was a student there at the time) to see us and have a word with the instructors, didn’t seem like he was a very busy man :shock:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.