The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tihui Two- 2.40 Worcester

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Tihui Two- 2.40 Worcester

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Bit of a gamble on this mare who I’ve followed. Didn’t even see her in the picture going out on the track, though, no mention on SIS??? Can nyone enlighten me?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Down as Refused to Race on Sporting Life. Don’t know if she was under orders though.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Wouldn’t be down as Refused if not under orders.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Looked like she never went out onto the track to me- didn’t see the mare anywhere. Very odd.

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Do we still have an offical "under starters orders".  I though this was was binned a few years ago?

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

racecourse commentators were obliged to start their commentary with " their under starters orders" but succesfully lobbied( if thats the right expression) to have it dropped a couple of years ago.  would this be what your thinking of wallace?  horses do still have to come under orders from the starter to be declared a runner.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5141

RR – Refused to Race. Under starter’s orders, stake lost

WD – Withdrawn. Not under starter’s orders, stake returned

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Definitely down as "refused to race, took no part" in the RP’s database entry for her.

Were it possible for Timeform to accord horses a treble squiggle, she’d be a candidate on her antics of at least the last year. Poisonous creature.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Still can’t find one person who saw the horse come under orders haha!

A poisonous but talented creature, graysonscolumn. Pity they haven’t managed to harnass the ability thus far.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4828

I’ve seen more than one instance this year where the field is held for a horse has shown absolutely no inclination to take part in the race, and yet it’s included as a runner having ‘taken no part’ or ‘refused to race’.

In a National Hunt race if a horse doesn’t move then it shouldn’t be classed as a runner. Rule 4 should be applied in the same way as if the horse was withdrawn.

In flat races there’s a more clear definition, in that if a horse enters the stalls it’s a runner. Not much consolation if your horse then doesn’t move when the stalls open, but at least there’s a clear dividing line.

Rob

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from dandan on 1:30 pm on April 16, 2007[br]Still can’t find one person who saw the horse come under orders haha!

A poisonous but talented creature, graysonscolumn. Pity they haven’t managed to harnass the ability thus far.<br>

<br>Indeed so, Dandan, hence the perserverence I guess. Her winning bumper form for Simon Earle was nothing exceptional, but there’s certainly some raw material to work with. One day. Somehow.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.