The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tidal Bay…

Home Forums Horse Racing Tidal Bay…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I have said that he won’t win an Arkle because he’s not fast enough in my opinion to win an Arkle.

That won’t matter at all if he cannot improve his jumping.

The Cheltenham fences are a lot tougher than the ones at Doncaster today and the pace will be a lot quicker too given a stronger field in March.

Hit 2 fences very hard and was lucky to stay on his feet.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

I can’t believe he went off at 1/4 Gaz, and that I took 10/3 about the winner :oops:

Sometimes, when your travelling at speed (as Tidal Bay would be in the Arkle) your jumping improves – however, on today’s evidence, it certainly has to.

Mike

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

His attitude looks a big a problem as his jumping. A horrid head carriage.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

On the evidence of that race Tidal Bay has 2 chances at Cheltenham.

Slim to none and slims just left town.

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Personally couldn’t have had him in the first place to be honest.

That run just confirmed it.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Nice surprise for John Quinn albeit Tidal Bay would have won easily.

Amazing we now have a 6/1 Fav in Noland who has won a very bad race in his only outing over fences. Despite having backed him at long odds there must be better value in the race as he is no certainty to run…….I thought the Irish horse Thyne Again looked very useful last weekend but they have reservations about whether he is good enough. I wouldn’t be too quick to right off Tidal Bay if he sorted his jumping out….nothing else stands out…..John Quinn’s should improve but shock results in these type of races are very seldom upheld when it come to a full field going full belt in the real thing

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The Irish novice chase division is very poor this year. Even at this late stage, something like Afsoun could go chasing and win the Arkle!

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Surprised they never went chasing with him sooner and with 6 weeks to go I can’t see them even thinking in that way now. Definately was a weak reace in Ireland just thought he looked half decent. I wouldn’t bet anything else beecause if Noland does run I couldn’t see him not winning against what is beginning to look like a moderate bunch for an Arkle.

No doubt one or two will turn in a good performances before the race and it will end up a good race but right now I’m damned if I can see anything that fits the bill.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Like the two Mullins mares if they come over for Cheltenham – particularly J’y Vole though given her success last year they may keep her for Auteuil.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Was at Aintree in October and when he beat Alberts Run he looked more like a 2m4f plus horse rarther than a 2m horse.

Would be better bypassing the festival and going to Aintree again for the 3m1f novice chase as that would suit him a lot more.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Tidal Bay would have won had he not clouted the final fence.

Ruby and good horses clouting final fences… hmmm ? Seems a recurring theme. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Tidal Bay would have won had he not clouted the final fence.

Ruby and good horses clouting final fences… hmmm ? Seems a recurring theme. :wink:

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! you’ll be giving me nightmares :lol:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

It could be worth remembering that Tiday Bay was entered to run last saturday and the saturday before but was pulled out at the declaration stage each time as obviously they didnt want him on the ground. It is hard to keep a horse at his peak for such a long period, especially at the top level, which may explain why he didnt look anywhere near as good as last time.

I wouldnt be worried about todays performance at all, I already have noland backed for the arkle, but I reckon that another bet on Tidal Bay should be the arkle fully covered as it looks to stand at present.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

It could also be worth remembering that gencove marina is out and that noland hasnt taken his last race overly well, with his not eating up problem, and his next prep race should be more testing on him…

…12-1 Tidal Bay?

When you put it all into perspective there could be some value there, especially when it doesnt look to be the strongest of races this year (I will be watching for any strong Irish challengers as this is the sort of race they will be targeting for a shock winner)

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

The trainer beat Tidal Bay, Its last six runs have been over a minimum of 20f It was second over 21f at Cheltenham when a novice hurdler, It has won 4 of its last six races. You tell me why the bugger was dropped to 2m? No wonder the horse jumped poorly, he needs a bit more time at his fences. Thank goodness he came back in one piece.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.