The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

€20 double with PP:

Aupcharlie 1/2
    Un Atout 1/3

The double pays Evens on the button. I’m hoping Andrew Lynch will stalk Tofino Bay until the last before easing him home. If he kicks too early he may get tired up that hill. Naas isn’t called the punters graveyard for nothing!

Really looking forward to Un Atout, hope he keeps my Supreme dream alive :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Well, Andrew Lynch rode him perfectly imo, but Russell had kept something up his sleeve and had enough in the locker to repel the late challenge.

Current p/l - €220.88

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Update of ante-post bets (not including bets on Go Native and Trifolium, which have no hope of any returns):

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Un Atout
    €10 win @ 33/1 (Paddy Power)

Arkle 2013

Arvika Ligeonniere
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 (Totesport)

Neptune Novice Hurdle

Champagne Fever
    €10 e/w @ 7/1 (Paddy Power)

Gold Cup 2013

Flemenstar
    €10 win @ 14/1 (William Hill)

Gold Cup 2013

Sir Des Champs
    €20 e/w @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes)

Champion Chase 2013

Sizing Europe
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 (Paddy Power)

RSA Chase 2013

Boston Bob
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 (Totesport)

Overall I’m quite happy with this book.

Champagne Fever

is now a doubt but I haven’t given up hope. He had excuses last time and if he wins the Deloitte he’ll go short for the Neptune.

I’ll probably be adding another AP bet before the end of the day.

PS: Gwan the Tout! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Couldn’t be happier with that run from Un Atout, he reminds me more of Sir Des Champs the more I see him. He jumped well and put the race to bed easily at the 2nd last. Hopefully Mullins nominates the Supreme now :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Couldn’t be happier with that run from Un Atout, he reminds me more of Sir Des Champs the more I see him. He jumped well and put the race to bed easily at the 2nd last. Hopefully Mullins nominates the Supreme now :)

Absolutely Tommy,I’m already looking for a Gold Cup price on this fellow for 2015,I was hoping he’d stay under the radar this season! :roll: He’ll be a 7yo then like his half brother ‘Sir’! Bloody 10/1 for the ‘Supreme’ and he’s a player for sure,its going to be a helluva start to the Festival! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’m having something of a ‘TAPK season’ Gord, have some nice ante posts for Cheltenham but pissing it all away in the meantime :lol:

It’s nice when you put a lot of faith in one and he shows you that that faith was not unfounded! Like I say Gord, Trifolium with wings :wink:

Very happy with my 33/1 but now wondering if I should have done him e/w, now that he looks a likely runner :?

PS, Aupcharlie 14/1 for the Jewson, seems an overreaction from the bookies to me :idea:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

One thing I would say gents regarding

Un Atout

is that you can bet your bottom dollar that Willie will be taking the same route with him as he did with SDC. The second the festival has finished I’m going straight on the hunt for the best value round for next years’ Jewson 8)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy i done well in big irish handicaps chases had
    Orginsiedconfusion,Cross Appeal and Colbert Station at nice ap prices but you got any thoughts on big handicaps in ireland in Thysteys chase and big handicap hurdle

THOMAS EDISON in Boylesports 20/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

THM, I see that you’re impressive list of anti-post bets does not include a bet on the World Hurlde and wondered what your thinking was on this particular race.

The reason I ask was because having looked through the entries one of the Irish horses that sticks out to me at 20/1 is Bog Warrior.

Now we all know the questionmarks regaridng the top two in the betting and also Tidal Bay could well be Gold Cup bound so i guess the general game here is to find something to take on the top of the market.

Obviously Bog Warrior has had his problems over fences and whilst i believe his longterm future probably lies over the bigger obticles the impression i get is that the World Hurlde is his big aim this year. He’s entered in the 3m hurdle at Gowran Park on Thursday and i’ll be keeping a close eye on him.

If he happens to beat Zaidpour then the 20/1 certainly wont be about for much longer!

Just a thought :idea:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tommy i done well in big irish handicaps chases had
    Orginsiedconfusion,Cross Appeal and Colbert Station at nice ap prices but you got any thoughts on big handicaps in ireland in Thysteys chase and big handicap hurdle

THOMAS EDISON in Boylesports 20/1

Haven’t really looked at those races yet darren, if I fancy oen I’ll put it up here. Organisedcondusion was 4th last time out under what I considered to be a poor ride and he’d be of interest.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

THM, I see that you’re impressive list of anti-post bets does not include a bet on the World Hurlde and wondered what your thinking was on this particular race.

The reason I ask was because having looked through the entries one of the Irish horses that sticks out to me at 20/1 is Bog Warrior.

Now we all know the questionmarks regaridng the top two in the betting and also Tidal Bay could well be Gold Cup bound so i guess the general game here is to find something to take on the top of the market.

Obviously Bog Warrior has had his problems over fences and whilst i believe his longterm future probably lies over the bigger obticles the impression i get is that the World Hurlde is his big aim this year. He’s entered in the 3m hurdle at Gowran Park on Thursday and i’ll be keeping a close eye on him.

If he happens to beat Zaidpour then the 20/1 certainly wont be about for much longer!

Just a thought :idea:

He’s definitely one to keep an eye on OLAS! He was entered in a chase recently if I remember correctly, so it is a slight concern that a return to the larger obstacles may be on the cards.

You’re quite right in looking for a bit of value with a few of the market leaders doubtful runners. Of the Irish horses, Bog Warrior, Solwhit and Monksland are the obvious ones. I do think that Tidal bay will be hard to beat if he runs though!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Think PANTHER CLAW will win Thystes handicap tomorrow any thoughts Tommy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The Westerner Boy

is the horse I’d fancy Darren. He on a beginners chase in facile style in heavy ground at Navan, and was still going okay when hitting a mistake at the 4th last ended his hopes last time out at Leopardstown. He could even be a horse for the four miler at Cheltenham. He looks to be on a fair mark to me I’ll be disappointed if he’s not in the frame.

Panther Claw

has gone up 7 lbs last time out and I’d say connections were satisfied enough with that. however, I’d like to think The Westerner Boy will be capable of giving him 7 lbs.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Tommy i just opened a new thread at cheltenham 2013 for the big handicaps at festival. i put a few irish horses there so hope you let me know your thoughts on them.And if you got any you can put them there too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Tommy do you have any thoughts on bumper at Cheltenham. i don’t know if you buy the weekender but they have racing post ratings in there and top rated bumper horse is DEFY LOGIC at 132. better than any Mullins horse and Golinda who won at weekend. any thoughts on this horse from the Nolan yard and any thoughts on race it self.

Defy Logic

entered in a maiden hurdle at Punchestown this Sunday Darren, looks a good opportunity.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Uncle Junior

has been very good to me over the past year or two, with a big contribution to any profits I have made. I need a winner now more than ever and on this going over three miles he should be in his element. Bostons Angel and Arabella Boy are closely matched on form but neither has achieved the level of form Uncle Junior has shown over these obstacles imo. I make him a confident selection.

Punchestown Cross Country Chase
    Uncle Junior
    €20 win @ 5/2 (PP)

- €240.88

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

RSA Chase
    Lyreen Legend
    €5 e/w @ 40/1 (BetVictor nrfb)

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.