The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Arkle 2013
    Arvika Ligeonniere
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 (Totesport)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Disappointing day! Champagne Fever 2nd, Our Girl Salley backed into 15/8 and beaten half a length, Voler well beaten. It must be possible that Voler just isn’t the mare she was last season :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Arkle 2013
    Arvika Ligeonniere

A bit of reasoning behind this:

I’ve mentioned on here before that Arvika Ligeonniere was the horse I liked for the Arkle at this early stage, but didn’t want to back him until he proved himself in graded company. He showed great stamina to maintain a furious early gallop, and when the field closed on him half a mile out he stretched right away from all bar dour stayer Dedigout.

What he’ll face in the Arkle will be worlds apart form the test he faced today. He’ll probably have to race on good ground against horses with Champion Hurdle speed such as Overturn and Simonsig. Today he beat a 3 miler on soft ground over 2m 4f. However I think the drop back to 2 miles will be no problem, the speed he showed over the first 3 or 4 fences today was a pace which only proper 2 milers could go with imo, and he’s already a winner over 2 miles on good ground when jumping for fun at Punchestown earlier this year.

Of the other market principles obviously Simonsig and Overturn warrant plenty of respect. They’re both top class animals and Monksland landed a blow for last years novice hurdlers (sort of) when running a cracker in the Hattons Grace today, so Simonsig’s form looks very solid. Overturn’s got experience on his side and his running style will ensure Arvika doesn’t get an uncontested lead, but it may not be necessary for Mullins horse. I think Captain Conan lacks the star quality of these three imo but obviously it’s very early days yet and he could yet prove himself to be a Grade 1 chaser.

- €108.38

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Update of ante-post bets:

King George 2012

Grands Crus
    €10 e/w @ 8/1 William Hill :?

Arkle 2013

Trifolium
    €5 e/w @ 25/1 Boylesports :?

Arkle 2013

Arvika Ligeonniere

Champion Hurdle 2013

Go Native
    €5 e/w @ 25/1 (Totesport) :(

Gold Cup 2013

Flemenstar
    €10 win @ 14/1 William Hill

Champion Chase 2013

Sizing Europe
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 Paddy Power

RSA Chase 2013

Boston Bob
    €10 e/w @ 10/1 Totesport

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Disappointing day! Champagne Fever 2nd, Our Girl Salley backed into 15/8 and beaten half a length, Voler well beaten. It must be possible that Voler just isn’t the mare she was last season :(

Backed all three of those myself Tommy plus Dedigout so you weren’t the only one suffering yesterday! CF blatantly wants further and was outspeeded by Jezki, Voler liklely to have a wind op but maybe taking Big Bucks on last year has hurt her as she hasn’t run to that form since?

Mind had a cracking Saturday with Bobsworth, Mount Ben and for me the bet of the weekend was Bog Warrior, available at 6/4 Friday night back over hurdles in handicap company he had 31 pound in hand! Won as he should of, hope it kick starts his career again as he’s one I like.

Ups and downs eh…can’t beat it can you? Roll on Saturday and put the mortgage on Sprinter :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Bog Warrior was very impressive and it will be interesting to see if they go back over fences now or go for a decent handicap hurdle. Good to see him back to winning ways at any rate.

Today a horse runs who at one stage I thought was destined for great things. He hasn’t quite reached the heights I thought he would but I can’t

The Real Article

is available at 2/1 today. It’s not the best beginners chase in the world and I’d actually make him a shade of odds on.

2.45 Clonmel
    The Real Article
    €20 win @ 2/1 (PP)

- €128.38

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Best weekends racing of the season so far imo! :shock:

At Aintree we have the

Becher Chase

, the

Grand Sefton

and

Quito De La Roque

At Sandown we have

Captain Conan

Petit Robin

, not to mention

Sprinter Sacre vs Sanctuaire

!

At Navan we have

Un Atout

Moscow Mannon

Dylan Ross

Oscars Well

, a great 2m4f novice hurdle and a hot 3 mile novice chase,

At Cork we have the

Hilly Way Chase

Tarla

and

Road To Riches

At Punchestown we have

Waaheb

Balnaslow

and

Flemenstar vs Sir Des Champs

(with

Bog Warrior

and

Rubi Light

for company).

i ahve exams starting Monday but how is one to study :?:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

i ahve exams starting Monday but how is one to study :?:

For the exams or the racing? :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

:lol:

Sitting in the library here now Boz, and as the clock strikes 6 I think it’s time to wander home and start study of the equine kind! (even though I’ve already spent half the afternoon checking oddschecker to see what Quito would open up at) :shock:

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Glad to hear you priorities are in check Tommy :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The time has come to get stuck in to

Un Atout

for the Supreme Novices. Runs in the first at Navan tomorrow, which looks quite a good race, up against Some Article and Fickle Fortune. If he wins easily the 33/1 currently available will look massive. I don’t see the ground being a major problem so hopefully he can win this en route to a clash with Jezki at Christmas.

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Un Atout

€10 win @ 33/1 (PP)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Mate any thoughts on RULE THE WORLD tomorrow he racing at his right trip now 2m5 is best for him at this stage of carear.

Also like a few irish horses in Aintree.TRANQUIL SEA and
    IN COMPLAINCE

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

And forget to say that i hope Arvika does not get injured like a few years ago. was my arkle horse but sadly got hurt am on 20/1 to win arkle so lets pray he stays fit.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I think Rule The World will win Darren. I don’t think his conquerer last time out (Our Vinnie) will beat him if they meet again, experience won the day imo. Bonisland could be a good horse but I’m a bit surprised he’s running as he’s only 4 and had a very hard race behind Busty Brown at Navan a couple of weeks ago. Joncol adds intrigue!

I haven’t really studied the form of the two races over the national fences to be honest. On heavy ground it’s going to be a war of attrition so no bet for me.

I think my only bet of the day will be

Quito De La Roque

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

1.05 Aintree
    Quito De La Roque
    €20 win @ 11/10 (PP)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Dire stuff from Quito there, his customary strong finish was nowhere to be seen. Hard to know where connections go with him now, Irish National maybe?

• Total Posts 15015

Very difficult to defend him now THM, that was pretty poor, Irish National wouldn’t be worst shout, but I’m hoping back to Aintree.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.