The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips THM Goes Jumping 2012-13

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 244 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Can’t believe the price of

Glam Gerry

for the Racing Post Hurdle. The English handicapper has rated him higher than he is at home but I think he could still be very well handicapped. He put in a very smart performance on reappearance and showed a liking for Cheltenham at the Festival this year. The trip is a worry but at 40/1 you’re rarely going to get everything in your favour! Brian Hayes takes a handy 5 lbs off so I think he can take a hand in the finish.

Racing Post Hurdle
    Glam Gerry
    €5 e/w @ 40/1 (Totesport, NRNB)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

€4 place

Questions Answered

@ 13/2 (PP)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Been a good couple of days with Uncle Junior winning and Questions Answered placing. Bradley’s narrow defeat was hard to take but I’ve come out on the right side of those finishes plenty of times so it’s to be expected now and again.

- €169 including Glam Gerry bet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Back In Focus’ form with White Star Line reads well but he’s meeting a street fighter today in

Lyreen Legend

. Back In Focus is a horse who does everything easily but if Lyreen gets him off the bridle he wins! 8) I’d make it evens the pair!

1.40 Punchestown
    Lyreen Legend
    €20 win @ 7/4 (Totesport)

- €189

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Lyreen not jumping well today at all.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Back In Focus’ form with White Star Line reads well but he’s meeting a street fighter today in

Lyreen Legend

. Back In Focus is a horse who does everything easily but if Lyreen gets him off the bridle he wins!

Read that completely wrong. Back In Focus was off it early enough and kept finding all the way to the line. Lyreen Legend’s jumping really let him down today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Champion Hurdle 2013
    Go Native
    €5 e/w @ 25/1 (Totesport)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Can’t believe the price of

Glam Gerry

for the Racing Post Hurdle. The English handicapper has rated him higher than he is at home but I think he could still be very well handicapped. He put in a very smart performance on reappearance and showed a liking for Cheltenham at the Festival this year. The trip is a worry but at 40/1 you’re rarely going to get everything in your favour! Brian Hayes takes a handy 5 lbs off so I think he can take a hand in the finish.

Racing Post Hurdle
    Glam Gerry
    €5 e/w @ 40/1 (Totesport, NRNB)

5th, should have backed with PP :(

After Go Native bet:

- €199

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Ireland has a host of young contenders to the Gold Cup throne and one of the less obvious ones is

Hidden Cyclone

. He looked like winning easily last time out before hanging in the closing stages and giving connections a fright in the process. I couldn’t believe the way he was travelling facing into the straight and that experience should do him the power of good. Ca;; The Police is a likable horse but even in receipt of weight, in ground like this Hidden Cyclone should come out on top imo.

2.35 Gowran Park

Hidden Cyclone

€25 win @ 1/1 (PP)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Hidden Cyclone won well there, the Lexus is shaping up to be some race. :shock:

SP 11/10

- €171.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Having a decent punt on

Bobs Worth

today. The ground was a worry but it’s not as bad as was expected and I expect and hope the RSA form will come to the fore. I really like last year’s novices and Bobs Worth and

First Lieutenant

are two horses I expect to be in the mix at the bottom of the Cheltenham Hill in March. If that is to be the case they should both go close today. I’ve backed Bobs Worth with PP 5 places and will add First Lieutenant without Bobs Worth at around 7 or 8/1.

Hennessy Gold Cup

Bobs Worth

€20 e/w @ 5/1 PP (5 places)

- €211.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Having a decent punt on

Bobs Worth

today. The ground was a worry but it’s not as bad as was expected and I expect and hope the RSA form will come to the fore. I really like last year’s novices and Bobs Worth and

First Lieutenant

are two horses I expect to be in the mix at the bottom of the Cheltenham Hill in March. If that is to be the case they should both go close today. I’ve backed Bobs Worth with PP 5 places and will add First Lieutenant without Bobs Worth at around 7 or 8/1.

Hennessy Gold Cup

Bobs Worth

€20 e/w @ 5/1 PP (5 places)

€15 e/w First Lieutenant @ 15/2 (PP) without Bobs Worth

- €241.50

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Well done today Tommy. Puts you back in the black if my maths are correct…… :D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Bobs Worth returns €165

First Lieutenant returns €43.12

Thanks Nathan, not quite back in the black but current balance allows for ante-post bets as well so things are looking up :) Looked like collecting on both fronts at one stage, now that would have been a result! :D

Still think

First Lieutenant

is tailor made for the

Ryanair

:idea:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I fancy

Our Girl Salley

‘s chances in the mares’ handicap chase tomorrow. She looks to be on a very lenient chase mark and considering how she improved from run to run at the start of last season I think she’ll take beating tomorrow.

2.05 Fairyhouse (tomorrow)

Our Girl Salley

€15 win @ 4/1 (PP)

- €48.38

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

1.05 Fairyhouse

Champagne Fever

€20 win @ 11/8 (PP)

- €68.38

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The Hattons Grace is a competitive affair with Voler La Vedette, Zaidpour, Monksland and So Young involved. I think Voler will be too good for her rivals today, she had excuses against Zaidpour last season and first time out, and when she’s right there’s very few better than her.

2.40 Fairyhouse

Voler La Vedette

€20 win @ 7/4 (Boyles)

- €88.38

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 244 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.