The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

This is what I really don’t like about Sheikh Mo / Godolphin

Home Forums Horse Racing This is what I really don’t like about Sheikh Mo / Godolphin

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

They’ve bought Jealous Again now (well the Sheikh has). If there’s one thing I don’t like is them buying horses who have showed the sort of form this filly has.

No doubt she will be sent to Godolphin only to embark upon a steep decline.

Please god keep these people away from Canford Cliffs. If there’s one two year old that looks like it could be something special its this one.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A massive mistake imo. The one key factor for me in her win at Ascot was precocity. That will not last forever!

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I’m sure i heard a few days ago they wanted talks about buying Sea the Stars :shock: :(

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

A truly shocking buy, even by their standards.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

To me it was a pity she went home after Ascot- she’d have taken some beating in the Nunthorpe with all the allowances…
    Godolphin are fast becoming a bad joke.
    It’s just as well Sheikh Mo doesn’t have to get reelected as any voter looking at his handling of the Dubai economy and the running of his racing empire in the past few years would give him the Spanish archer sharpish.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The ludicrous nature of the buy aside, is anyone reading anything in to Sheikh Mohammed’s vague response when asked whether she’d be sent to Godolphin?

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

A massive mistake imo. The one key factor for me in her win at Ascot was precocity. That will not last forever!

Didn’t Ward say after the race that he expected that she would be beaten by the horses she beat by the backend, he just has very forward 2yos?

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

She is a sharp and tough storm cat line filly who is a winner on grass and dirt, frankly she is a decent broodmare buy, bred too something big and a tad backward she will hopefully throw a foal that will have acres of speed, run early but be good enough too train on at three, method in the madness.

Some of the senuor Godolphin staff need the chop sharpish…

Spitfire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 184

Michael Jarvis gets (deservedly) a lot of praise from all sides in horse racing for being a master trainer and Saeed Bin Suroor gets the opposite. What happened to Marienbard after he left Michael Jarvis for Saeed Bin Suroor?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

She’s just pure speed – speed speed speed, the horses in behind as we saw yesterday with Rose Blossom will appreciate a step up in trip and whatever their trainers seem to think had absolutely no chance of beating her and didn’t even make a race of it.

She’s the top 2yo sprinter at the moment and IMO it’s likely to stay that way but as with any horse she needs her ground (fast turf).

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

There are a number of horses Godolphin have apparently done well with, Spitfire, but the occasional Group 1 victory does little to hide the fact that they haven’t achieve all that they might.

Papineau, for instance, could have been considered a success, but what happened to him? He won three races, including the Gold Cup, after being brought over from France, but as a son of Singspiel with known knee problems the decision to run him (continually) on fast ground was incredulous.

He ran only twice more after Ascot, finishing nowhere.

And what about Doyen? He was improving under Andre Fabre, finishing fourth in Dalakhani’s Arc, and made his UK debut in the Coronation behind Warrsan. Not a bad run. He then won both the Hardwicke and King George (albeit a weak one) impressively, but on rock hard ground, and never reached anything like that level again.

His career tapered off into the Godolphin abyss.

Now throw in the likes of Fast Company, Shamardal, Discreet Cat and Bull Run, and even Cartography and Subpoena, and you begin to realise that Marienbard isn’t enough to save them.

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Michael Jarvis gets (deservedly) a lot of praise from all sides in horse racing for being a master trainer and Saeed Bin Suroor gets the opposite. What happened to Marienbard after he left Michael Jarvis for Saeed Bin Suroor?

He matured?

placemat2
    • Total Posts 318

I have to say its time to call the Arabs what they are.Clueless.Im sick of the ass kissing to these guys from the press.They took Frankie off and put a camel jockey on.Like you say they buy horses and ruin them.

I for one hope Frankie had his finger on the lay button 4 furlongs out when the young camel jockey was looking between his legs thinking hed won.

Dont get me wrong hes a young lad and not a bad jockey but what were they thinking?

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

A nice summary, placemat2

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

So its the jockey now….thought it was something else :wink:

Smithy
    • Total Posts 720

Frankie was too busy trying to raise a gallop out of Alexandros to worry about laying the camel jockey.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

They’ve now went and bought delegator :!:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.