The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Ratchet

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems The Ratchet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi, I’ve actually found time to sit at this keyboard again so I’ll jot down the "Ratchet"…. there are many versions of this plan but I’m a careful old soul and I don’t want Mr Bookie taking any of my money, if he has any it’s only on loan…. hehehe…. it would vary with whatever system you would be using it on but for the sake of this board, we’ll use Daz’s "Majestic" system cos thats about what I would expect a decent system to perform like. The following figures can be modified to suit whatever level of bank you can afford and make sure that it is affordable. If your gonna be worried about losing it, then you can’t afford to bet at that level. You need to clear your mind of any other worries about that bank because you could lose the lot, you be certain you understand that bit…….<br>I use a £1000 bank, that is my surplus, if I win, I’ll have an holiday if I don’t I wont. This year has been an awful year, hence my two seperate weeks in Devon, the year before was cracking and I had a month in Hungary…… protect your bank by splitting it into two, a working bank and a reserve bank, both with £500, now forget the reserve for a while, we play only with the working bank. What "Ratchet" means is that as you win, you ratchet your stakes upward but NEVER down, but the question is, by how much???…. The Majestic doubled its bank in a single month, that was great, but you know that cannot be maintained, so you have to be more realistic. I took the months results from the Majestic, counted the longest losing sequencies, a 4,5,6, the average was 5 so the figure were working to will be 5pts or 1/5th (20%), so when you see those figures crop up, you’ll know where they came from and they all work hand in glove, don’t ask me why cos I aint a mathematician, but providing your selection process is any good, it should make you a steady profit whilst giving a bit of protection to your bank…… on to the next post……<br>:cool: :cool:

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Using this plan against the Majestic, we are using the figures mentioned above. We are using 5pt increments whilst using 2% of our betting bank. This percentage gives us 50 losers before the bank is blown so we have plenty of leeway. We strike the bets using 2% of £500 (£10) and we continue betting £10 until we have reached or passed a 5pt profit (£50). Majestic had L… 4/1… 13/2…… the 5pt profit wasn’t passed until we had the second winner and our bank was then £595. Because we had passed the 5pt barrier we revalued our stakes and we "ratchet" up to 2% of the working bank, so the next stake becomes £12. Remember, we have enough money for 50 bets at any stage so we NEVER lower stakes. We continue along this path until we have doubled that working bank, we had done that by 21st August and we had reached £1056, we take this sum and now add it to the Reserve bank giving us a total of £1556. Now split that into 2 again and half becomes the reserve, you now have £778 in both banks and your new stake will start at 2% of that (£16). Now this is the bit I like, the Majestic made 100% profit in 1 month, which we agree is a bit high so we use the figure stated in the first post of 20% only, that is our target, thats 5 times lower than what Daz achieved last month. 20% probably won’t suit you all but you can change that target to something you think is closer to what your going to get, but be realistic, it aint easy. As I said earlier, I’m quite happy to plod along slowly to get my holidays paid for, and one things certain, I HAVE NEVER LOST MY BANK…….<br>If you got a 100% return every month, you’d have turned £500 into £1,000,000 in around 1year, don’t even think about it, you’ll never get there and it’ll be tears all the way. Come back down to earth, 20% is realistic, if you wanna make more, take a bigger risk with a higher bank. Just for the benefit of those that want a holiday like me next year, if you made 20% every month whilst only risking 2% of your working bank and also topping up your reserve bank, you would end the year with £4000, thats a £2000 holiday and £2000 to start next years betting, with double what you started with this year….. if your holiday is already bought and paid for, then you’ve made yourself an extra £3000 to give to the missus….. hehehehe…… slow and steady guys, thats the answer…… and don’t lose your bank……<br>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MrE

Urban DaveUrban Dave
    • Total Posts 629

Another genius post! :yes:

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Well done MrE – good reading.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

padman
    • Total Posts 448

Sounds good to me……….thanks for sharing this with us.

<br>Paul

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Thanks guys, its nice to know somebody’s reading it….. :biggrin: :biggrin: <br>Jeeeez, I must be some sad git…. look at the time, I’ll swear I’ve been on most of the day. I’m looking forward to my break, perhaps I’ll regain my sanity…. its doubtful, but I’m hopeful…. I just think about our very own Urby, that cheers me up no end. After two operations from Matron, you too can look like that….. hahahaha…..  G’night Urb…. bugger me, I’m tired now, G’night all……<br>:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: <br>I think a bit p**s
    ed too …. hahaha…..

MrE

darrell
    • Total Posts 651

Hi Mr. E.

Very good post as usual, very interesting reading ,pleased you used the Majestic system as a bench mark.

Cheers<br>Daz.;)  

Urban DaveUrban Dave
    • Total Posts 629

Yes, but wouldn’t it be a boring world if you all looked like Brad Pitt too? :smiley:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.