The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Oaks 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The Oaks 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1537

I’ve had a little over a saver on Sariska aswell, seeing as i’ve liked the horse for a wee while now. I wasn’t gonnae bother, but it makes sense to me.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I don’t like Rainbow View at all

1. Champion two year olds don’t generally do well in the Oaks
    2. She disappointed in the Guineas, despite claims that it looked a good Oaks trial in retrospect… the Guineas was the target, thats why she started odds on, thats why they bought and removed the perceived opposition.
    3. She is likely to get the ground she was said to hate at HQ

Who asked you :lol: Is this knock Fist’s selection night :wink:

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I tried looking at the form again to see if I can find something but I got depressed minutes in.

In summary the form is TERRIBLE.

The form last year was quite interesting to look at but this year it is bland as Jack Dee’s face.

May even in the end just follow the money vibes on Phillipina but that is depressing in itself as she is a maiden, I really shouldn’t bet in the race though and just watch it and have a single on Frozen Fire.

• Total Posts 1688

Tenbob, STOP being a smartass and take criticism on the chin, will you? Grow up.

Without trying to stamp on your parade Z, I’m getting the same feeling with Perfect Truth. She’s got the Classic pedigree and the trainer who seems to have light-years on the rest with Classic fillies.

At a longer price than Phillipina, and a steady improver (Roses For The Lady the yardstick) + that stable’s knack of turning middle-range horses into Group 1 winners at the flick of a switch, it’s a goer @ 10/1.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Stamp on my parade all you want, don’t care, as long as she wins :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I think I’ll send Jimmy Fortune an email to remind him to thank Johnny Murtagh for setting a nice pace for him when he shoots past….only thing is she’ll be going that fast he might not hear him :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Midday is drifting horribly. Gone from 7/2 to 11/2 in the space of 12 hours. No other major moves.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Looks like a pretty solid e/w bet now.

Still nothing inspires me in this, so i’ve done a bunch of forecasts and tricasts with Rainbow View/Midday/Wadaat to small stakes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Sariska – Readily dismissed on pedigree. Her trial was a glorified sprint.

Midday – Pass – For the same reasons as Sariska.

Rainbow View – I’ll buy into the going excuses at Newmarket. Serious form through Lahaleeb and Fantasia. Should be just about ok with the trip. I see her as a more compact type who should handle the track. Best of the market fancies.

Phillipina – Stoute said it was unlikely she would go for the Oaks after Chester presumably because she wasn’t good enough, was possibly made to look better than she is by Perfect Truth almost being carried over the line the last day. Hard to put a price on her though.

Perfect Truth – Nothing special in the formbook but most certainly a longterm project and is improving. Very dangerous, wouldnt be the first time Ballydoyle won a fillies race with something of a similar profile. Dark, dark horse.

Oh Goodness Me – Bolger did a Gosden in Ireland this early season and won everything with his lesser horses, this is one of them. Dont think he ever reckoned she was a 12f horse and has had a tough campaign already in 2009. Looks better on soft.

Waadat – Big improver last time in Italy, but was absolutely treading water in the last furlong albeit off a strong pace. Extra furlong today. Place claims.

Miniver Rose- Wont stay

Tottie – Didnt handle Lingfield the last day, stamina limitations in the pedigree.

High Heeled – Another one with stamina and form doubts, may want it softer as well.

I have it between Rainbow View and Perfect Truth. 10/1 Perfect Truth looks decent, a bit of 7/2 about Gosdens would do as well. Might do a small reverse exacta as well.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Sariska – Readily dismissed on pedigree.

:shock:

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

Tenbob, STOP being a smartass and take criticism on the chin, will you? Grow up.

mdeering you have the wrong end of the stick my" ludicrous" was tonque in cheek.
    i put my ratings up and accept any comments on them,thats the idea of a forum.
    when you said they was ludicrous it made me chuckle and thought that would be a better name.
    i can assure you they have been called worse.
    not everyone tries to be clever some of us give our honest opinions good or bad.
    ill send you a ladder to aid you when you come down of that extremly high horse.

• Total Posts 638

Mac Love winning the first tends to suggest the ground must be pretty quick

• Total Posts 1688

Mac Love winning the first tends to suggest the ground must be pretty quick

Might tempt me to back Rainbow View as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yup, no doubt about it, quick ground. 1st 2 home both done all their winning on quick ground. 5 of Mac Love’s 7 wins were on quick ground too.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Might tempt me to back Rainbow View as well.

It was too quick for her at Newmarket so why wouldn’t it be too quick for her here?

• Total Posts 1688

Was it too quick for Rainbow View at the mile, or too quick for Rainbow View period?

I’m counting on the former, because I believe horses by Dynaformer tend to stay surprisingly well when the going is firm, and she did win on good-to-firm on debut.

• Total Posts 1537

In the main forum Paul has jockey comments on the ground, and the majority seem to think it’s good or perfect. If you’d have asked them what it was like at Newmaket, i’m sure many would’ve said the grounds a bit of a concern due to it being very fast.

I’m content with the ground with regards to who i’ve backed.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.